• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Boss to Repeat and Boss to Skip

Go_Dark_Link

If there ever was one
First, I searched and couldn't find a thread that had this bases but if there is, I am sorry.

Okay, with the new mode in Oot3D I started thinking, which boss would I really like to fight again? And if you could, which boss would I skip altogether?
So I wanted to see what you guys think, what boss would you really love to fight again and again, and which boss would you prefer skipping if you could.

In my opinion, I would love to fight Kotake and Koume/Twinrova all over because I love how they scream when you use their own magic against them and I love how at the end they start arguing over their age :P. For the other one, I would like to skip Bongo-Bongo. It's not that he is too hard, but I get really frustrated when I'm bouncing on the floor, and if he hits you, he throws you out of the area making you land on acid and then you have to walk back over and start the bouncing all over so... yeah. What about you?

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time
In my opinion I wouldn't want to skip any bosses because I think they all have their challenges. I think Ocarina of Time was one of the last Zelda games alongside the Oracle games to implement proper a damage scheme. It kinda throws me off when enemies now take only like a quarter heart away from you in more modern Zelda games...Aside from that, the new boss mode should be interesting because if its an option you can pick from the main menu after you beat the main game, then itd be interesting to see how many hearts the game will give you to see how long you can last against the bosses. I'm just a little worried that the remake will follow modern Zelda trend of the amount of damage enemies give you. Also the Master Quest should prove to be interesting to me as ive never played the original Master Quest...Id like to see a survival mode within the boss challenge to see how many bosses you can go through before you lose all your hearts. There are many bosses within Ocarina of Time so the game would have to give you SOME mercy for example a fairy or two because remember in OoT the fairies didnt replenish all you hearts if im not mistaken. So it wouldnt be holding your hand but just to give a boost really

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I would love to fight Phantom Ganon again. You can't really see the game without him.
Skip? Ganon :P jk. King Dodongo. Instead, make us fight the GIANT Dodongo. D: Scary.

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
I'd love to fight either Phantom Ganon or Twinrova multiple times. I suppose if there was one to skip it'd be Dodongo, or maybe Morpha. Gohma's ridiculously easy, but she only takes a few seconds to kill.

MikauIncarnate

Hero of the Zora
I honestly don't know if I would repeat any of them just for fun. As for skippage- Phantom ganon. I always have to go through that battle 100's of times before it lets me deflect the sword beams back at him. Then again, it could just be the crappy N64 collision sites. Hopefully that will be better on the 3DS.

M

Midna_Me

all the bosses for OoT were fun... the dungeons leading up to them were a pain sometimes... but i always looked at the OoT bosses as a reward for putting up with the dungeons... there are, however, bosses that i would wanna skip for MM... MM was muuuuuuch harder... OoT was a fun little breeze through the 10000* misery of MM's day

I'd skip Morpha, definitely. It's probably one of the bosses I have the most trouble with just because of how wonky it can be to Hookshot its eye. And lol giant liquid tentacle from off-screen throwin' me around the room
Bongo-Bongo made me so angry fighting him my first time. I had tried Ice Arrowing his hands, and when I missed I kept hearing the error noise whenever I would try to shoot another one... It wasn't until I died about half-a-dozen times and ran out of Magic that I realized the game wouldn't let me shoot another Ice Arrow until the icy effect animation wore off. I just thought my game was glitched or something... But now he's one of the funnest bosses in the whole game imo :nod:

insanity76

Yeah just regular arrows on Bongo's hands are effective enough in stunning them. I've never even had the ice arrows before fighting him anyway since I always do the Shadow Temple before the desert.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
Repeat: Morpha.

That battle is too short, and it has the potential to be challenging if it goes on longer... I would like to fight Morpha twice in row without recovering between battles, or fight against a Morpha with twice the health.

Skip: Phantom Ganon.

It's way too hard to
hit that ball of energy back
with the
Master Sword
. If I use the
Biggoron's Sword or even a bottle
, though, it's much easier. Still, it's the only one I can think of that I would possibly want to skip.

Last edited:

Din Akera

Sniper
Repeat: Barranaide, Twinrova

Skip: Bongo-Bongo

To be honest, Bongo-Bongo is the only boss in OoT that can still hit me. really frustrating lol. I do find him challenging and slightly creepy, so I would choose to skip him. I guess I'd like to skip Gohma and King Dodongo too, but not because they are hard, but because they are too easy now. In a way I already skip Gohma because she only takes two hits when using crouch stab.

Barranaide and Twinrova I find fun to fight, not overly challenging but fun. I really like both of their concepts and that is more than good enough for me.

insanity76

In a way I already skip Gohma because she only takes two hits when using crouch stab.

That's how I fight her too. Slingshot to the eye when she's on the ceiling, jump slash, crouch stab until dead. It's laughably easy, but understandable being as she's the first boss.

And +1 for bringing up Barinade. It rarely gets mentioned in OoT boss discussions, yet it's such a fun battle with the different phases and fast pace, and is definitely no pushover like the other 2 child bosses. Barinade is for sure one I would refight many times if given the choice to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom