• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Boss Subtitles

This might seem like an odd topic to bring up, but it's one I've dwindled on for a while.

With the exception of The Wind Waker, every 3D Zelda game features a boss subtitle.

Does anyone here actually like those? Do you always want to seem some creative thing to go along with the name or do you just not care about the name or subtitle and want to just face the boss? Personally, I rather like them because of how creative and sometimes cheesy they can be, like "Pyroclastic Fiend: Scaldera" or "Parasitic Armored Arachnid: Gohma".

Last edited:

Fig

The Altruist
I love seeing the creativity that Nintendo has come up with for the bosses! In fact, I love to replay boss battles just to see those boss subtitles again! :xd:

I always like to think about and imagine who gave them their titles. It gives them a bit of mystery while at the same time gives you slight insight on them.

The boss titles are cool, its nice to see twilit and armoured versions of things, and i bet to some theorists they helped decide where games went in the timeline, maybe. I like the subtitles and like ALIT said it ramps it up when some last bosses don't have one.

It kind of gives the game a scale in general when it has to announce the name of the boss like its impressive. like its telling you its an Armoured Arachnid just so you know the name of what it is that most likely just killed you. :P

I think their awesome! Most are rather creative as well so that makes it better :)

everything should have a name :P

This is not not something that is going to make or break the game, nor is it something I dwell on while playing, but boss subtitles are a nice aesthetic and I think Nintendo should keep them around for tradition's sake. It did feel a little off when The Wind Waker's bosses had no subtitle.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
I am terrible at remembering Bosses names, and the subtitles help. They are iconic in their own right. Always classic to read and well thought through. My favourites have to be "Dark Lord" and "Thousand-Year Arachnid".

Darklinkrules45

Bow Down to the Dark Lord
I've always enjoyed the boss subtitles. They certainly don't make or break a game but they are an interesting addition. I did find it strangely fitting though that Demise had no subtitle to boot.

yeah. i agree. it would've been cool if the made it be all like

The Apocalypse
DEMISE

that would be the coolest subtitle ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom