• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Boss of the Ancient Cistern

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The Boss of the Ancient Cistern, Koloktos. As seen in the Gamespot 44 Minute Video, this boss will have multiple stages to it. It looks quite formidable, though with the measly one heart worth of damage, I am afraid certain hit and run tactics which were employed back in the days of OoT TAS' will be used for this battle. Still, I'm rather happy that multiple phases within any battle will be present, and especially love that enemies' items are able to be used by Link again!

Gamespot 44 Minute Video

What are your thoughts on this enemy? Easy or hard, and are you even slightly wavered by its form standing up?

Last edited by a moderator:

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I just love the bit after it has its legs smashed off and it gains it's arms back yet again, where it summons zombies and slashes wildly. This looks like a truly fun and challenging boss to fight and one of the ones I am most eager to face.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Koloktos looks a lot like the Hindu god Shiva, especially with its multiple arms. I'm thinking its design was deliberately based off him.

Koloktos.png

Last edited:
Looks like a she? It's an automation/robot, it doesn't have a gender. :\

After watching Mases spend a good 15 minutes trying to beat this thing, I can't wait to play against it. This boss is just absolutely relentless in attacking you, and it takes quite a bit of damage to even defeat it. And, having to use one of its gigantic swords to tear slash this thing to pieces? This game is going to help me release quit a bit of anger. :)

Koloktos looks like a she, based off her facial expression. But that's only to be expected, as her structure seems to be taken from the goddess of Hindu religion, Shiva, hinted by her multiple arms.

Koloktos.png

Oddly enough, the Hindu god known as Shiva is male. Personally, I believe it [Koloktos] is genderless, as it is an automaton, as Josh mentions.

At any rate, I can't wait to face this formidable opponent. I've been patiently anticipating such a challenge in the Zelda series...

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer

After watching Mases spend a good 15 minutes trying to beat this thing, I can't wait to play against it. This boss is just absolutely relentless in attacking you, and it takes quite a bit of damage to even defeat it. And, having to use one of its gigantic swords to tear slash this thing to pieces? This game is going to help me release quit a bit of anger. :)

Comparing it to Shiva, I decided to use her/she contexts in there.

This boss does indeed look hard. A lot of strategy will be required to avoid its well-calculated attacks. Even though the fight might be frustrating, it's going to be tons of fun to bring Koloktos down. Probably the boss I look most forward to combating so far.

Oddly enough, the Hindu god known as Shiva is male. Personally, I believe it [Koloktos] is genderless, as it is an automaton, as Josh mentions.

I never knew that...but I'll fix it right now.

Last edited:

Katelynn

Flirtatously Flirty
This is the giant statue Ghirahim was sitting on in the very first few of the SS trailers, right?

Simply amazing. Exhilarating to hack through it with the big sword, sounds like Link is really mad at him.

Looks challenging, no heart drops until later on and it's a lengthy battle. Thinks might get very hairy when the zombie bokoblins appear.

Although I found unnecessary to hint the big-swords usage that much, without the highlight I think that in the heat of the battle many players would ignore it, thinking that it's only a "decorative" element on the floor. And then go nuts when find out...

Last edited:

It's nice to know Mases is so far along with Skyward Sword.

This is the giant statue Ghirahim was sitting on in the very first few of the SS trailers, right?

Exactly.[break]insert30charactershere[/break]

Simply amazing. Exhilarating to hack through it with the big sword, sounds like Link is really mad at him.

Looks challenging, no heart drops until later on and it's a lengthy battle. Thinks might get very hairy when the zombie bokoblins appear.

Although I found unnecessary to hint the big-swords usage that much, without the highlight I think that in the heat of the battle many players would ignore it, thinking that it's only a "decorative" element on the floor. And then go nuts when find out...

No need to frustrate players and waste their time over a small detail that isn't even a puzzle.

Z

zelda448

Looks pretty good. At least the attacks take a full heart, and the boss' reaction times are pretty quick. I wouldn't say it looks exactly challenging, but it's definitely a step up from what we had in Twilight Princess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom