• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Boss Names!!! Xd

Sabel27

Advanced Ocarinaist
I think that showing the bosses' name when you encounter it is a great feature that Nintendo should keep in Skyward Sword. I remember encountering the first boss from the Wind Waker (Gohma). It was a bit odd just seeing the cutscene with no name or title. It didn't really feel like the cutscene was over and the battle had already begun. Plus, I bet that a LOT of Zelda fans are talking to themselves inside their head (or out loud) when fighting a boss. If you don't know the bosses' name, it feels weird not saying it in your head. Instead, you would probably call Gohma (WW) something like, "That scorpion thing," or, "That evil bug." Sounds weird doesn't it?

Another thing that I have noticed that I would like Nintendo to change, is that before fighting a mini-boss, sometimes you don't even get a cutscene. In Twilight Princess, before every mini-boss, you got a cutscene to go with it. In a lot of other Zelda games, you just walk into the room and start fighting like you would when defeating a normal enemy. Mini-bosses may be (at least in most Zelda games) harder than normal enemies, but when you have no cutscene, what else is there to distinguish it from a regular enemy. In A Link to the Past (and older games), there is no cutscene before the mini-bosses or the main bosses whatsoever. You just kind of walk into the room and start fighting. Sure the boss music starts up and, of course, you get a Heart Container afterwards, but for me, it doesn't feel like much of an accomplishment if there is no cutscene before the fight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom