• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Boss Drop Weapons

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
I've been thinking: Wouldn't it be really cool if we could use some more weapons the bosses use in future Zelda games?

TP's Darkhammer is a really good example of what I'm talking about. He fights you with it, you kill him, you take his ball-and-chains for your own. As well as the whip from ST. Same kinda goes for Koloktos, though you can't leave the room with it, which I find a shame now that I think about it.:wrong:

What about other weapons, like the lance Phantom Ganon uses in OoT? Or the axe from the Iron Knuckles? The Death Sword?

Would doing this break the game? Like, if I were to take Koloktos' giant sword out into the rest of the world, would it make it far too easy to kill everything?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Hmm

This would make for some interesting combat options....I am not into the whole droppable items or weapons in Zelda games! Like in TWW I just didn't see the point in taking enemies weapons, we could only use them as long as we kept it as our main weapons, if we could possibly keep the weapons for ourselfs it would be kina cool! However I just don't think this suits a Zelda game, I know a lot of people warm to the idea of droppable item's from enemies, kind of like how it worked in Darksiders!

Maybe its just me but for me I like to stick to Links arsenal of weapons, throwing random item's into the mix would lessen the importance of the weapons and items you receive from the Dungeons, plus as you mentioned it could make the game rather easy if we were able to yield a huge sword like Koloktos had...

It's an interesting idea that doesn't necessarily have to break anything (except your enemies' morale!). If the concept was thrown in as an afterthought, yes, it wouldn't gel with the game so well, but if the system was designed to allow numerous weapons and fighting styles, it could turn into a deep mechanic. I'm sure I'm not the only one who inwardly wanted to take one of Koloktos's swords with me. In addition to crafting and upgrading both your own weapons and ones you find throughout the world, you could take special weapons from certain bosses. Hidden bosses and dungeons could lead to rarer and more powerful weapons. Imagine using the twilight sword lodged in Stallord's head, Phantom Ganon's lance, Koloktos's massive sword...I think it would be amazing.

And to those who say, "But that's too much like an RPG, and Zelda's not an RPG!" I say, tough. First, as I've pointed out, Zelda is an RPG: an action RPG, to be precise. It utilizes role-playing elements in a different way than most are used to. Zelda's also no stranger to finding new items and weapons and upgrading them to more powerful forms, as this system was in even the first game. Giving players dozens of weapons to find and wield isn't anything drastically outside Zelda's core, but it would certainly be an interesting take on combat. Just so long as these new weapons aren't clunky, overpowered, or useless, it could add a deep, fun new aspect to the game.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Well, I liked picking up the Sword left by Koloktos in SS. I think it would be awesome, but more as fun power-ups. I'd like Phantom Ganon's spear; imagine if you could fly and shoot energy balls. What if you could use one of Ganon's sword of Tridents after you killed him on the second playthrough? This is a concept that has worked in other games, so I think nintendo should embrace it. It would a new element of fun and make a second or third playthrough more enjoyable.

It could certainly be a nice new element to play with, i'm not too fussed on them trying though, if they did it for every boss fight it'd get boring and if you were able to take it away like the other item that you found in the dungeon to get through the second half of itit may be too much all at once, unless it was a different kind of item and indeed more of a weapon for base combat which would be nice, so sure it'd be interesting to see.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
This is an interesting proposition but I do not like the idea of defeating bosses and taking their items. For one, this is just more room for whining about under/overused and/or under/overpowered items. I would much prefer that we get different weapon skins; that is, different appearances for items you get in field events and/or dungeons themselves, just for keepsakes and all that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom