• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Boring overworld and poor mechanics.

title.

I found the overworked to be extremely bland and hated the new mechanics they added such as the stamina meter, weapons breaking, and lack of proper dungeons.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Okay. I thought the mechanics were fine and replaced the contrived and hyper situational stuff that Zelda games usually include. Additionally, Breath of the Wild does have dungeons. Five of them, in fact.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
title.

I found the overworked to be extremely bland and hated the new mechanics they added such as the stamina meter, weapons breaking, and lack of proper dungeons.

I think there were some places of beauty in the overworld but there weren't a lot of outstanding terrains which couldn't be found in other game world's. What didn't help was the lack of meaningful secrets and rewards to be found in the overworld after a while. Once you get the powerful weapons nothing you really find in any shrine is exciting or particularly useful oftentimes is worse than what you already have.

I liked the divine beasts. They were dungeons but had samey interiors which made me also miss the themed dungeons of past games.

The stamina was annoying but not as bad as weapon breaking. It was highly unrealistic and annoying and because weapons and shields and bows broke almost all the treasures in the games were perishable items and didn't really feel exciting to get.

The Bread Pirate

Youtuber/Student/Christian

That's a hot take, but I see your point. Even though a lot of people liked the new mechanics I also felt a little put-off by the way Nintendo handled weapons and dungeons.

(Note: I DO believe that the Divine Beasts were dungeons, but I don't believe they are comparable to traditional dungeons. They are just completely different.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom