• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Borat: Good or Bad?

What did you think of the movie: Borat?

• Funny

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Boring

• Stupid

• Propagandistic

• Oh, no! Not El Bagu again.

• Other

• Total voters

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
This is a movie that was quite popular a couple of years ago (at least in Sweden). I wonder what do you think about it? Any interesting reflections?

I would consider it a decent movie, more fun then boring (and I guess it was supposed to be a comedy). But it was overhyped!

Anyone, feel free to post but I am mostly interested in what my american friends thought of it.

Amelie

Air Dancer
I laughed at a few parts. But it was kind of piggish at some parts. I thought it was funny how they escaped the jews house. Its hard for a comedy to be a comedy without being to stupid and I think Borat did a OK job. Maybe when I am older I might understand it better. My mother liked it and my father did not. I kind of thought it would be the other way around.

chrisbg99

OBEY THE FIST!
It was a hoot and a holler. I especially liked how the disc and case were made to look like bootlegs.

That's nice!

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
It was a hoot and a holler. I especially liked how the disc and case were made to look like bootlegs.

That's nice!

Ha ha ha :lol:! I just love your post! I never noticed how the disc and case looked like bootlegs but that is awesome and suddenly I remember more and more funny things from that movie! (First time I saw the expression: hoot and a holler, that is something I will never forget :clap:)

I think that Borat is a very overrated movie.
It's funny for about 30 minutes,then the jokes start to get old.
It's just a guy putting on a accent.

Akiranon

Fallen Knight
It's not a great movie or anything, but it does have its moments. I especially liked the first few parts of the movie (the driving lessons, etc.). After they escaped from the jew house things were starting to get a bit repetitive though. Still, it's definitely good for a laugh. Just don't watch it more than once. :P

Zero

The Vanished
Uhh, that movie was terrible in my opinion. Honestly, it just made me lose faith in humanity, just like South Park and the "Jackass" series.

linkman8

True and Noble
I got this movie for Christmas, actually, but I have been too busy to watch it. Looking at these posts, it would seem it's not the greatest movie ever, but of course I'll have to see it to form my own opinion.

Its worth watching once just for a laugh or 2 then toss it..you'll never want to see it again.

linkman8

True and Noble
I just saw it a couple of days ago. It was alright, like it wasn't horrible and there were admittantly some very funny parts, but some things like the nudity really dragged it down imo.

General Lee

Classic Gamer
Oh, no! Not El Bagu again.
hahahaha

Anyways, I thought it was funny the first few times but not the whole movie. It had its parts that were rofl funny but other then that, it wa kinda lame. But did love the disk art. Real creative lol. (I actually thought this was a fake when I rented it for the first time lol)

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
I thought the movie was very funny:) The scene in wich I will only quote "Is that Cheese" was awesome, and when he found his friend watching the mags with Pamela anderson and they started to run around naked... lolz

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom