• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Boots with Abilities Poll

Do you still want different types of boots in SS? and if so which ones?

• No more boots, I'd rather have different items with similar abilities

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Iron Boots

• Hover Boots please!

• Give us Pegasus Boots

• All three

• Anything but the Iron Boots

• Only new kinds of boots

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alex Arbiter

That Random Guy
To everyone still wondering how Pegasus Boots could work in a 3D game, I give you...

BunnyHood1.jpg

The Bunny Hood from Majora's Mask.

And yeah, I'm somewhat tired of the Iron Boots. It doesn't matter if I have to go into the submenu like in OoT or if I can use it like any other item like in WW or TP. They make you soooooo slooooooow. TP managed to give them a new purpose by incorporating magnetic puzzles, but doing that again would be redundant, so I'd rather have anything else.

Sometimes you have to ask what would it be like with the bunny hood on at the same time as the iron boots.

Djinn

and Tonic
Steel-toed boots exist in real-life for protection purposes. Even in the context of fully metal footwear, it makes sense if you need armor, need to be weighed down (which could exist depending on unique jobs or tasks and this is how it's used in Zelda), and possibly other reasons. In Twilight Princess the boots allowed humans to face Gorons in wrestling matches, and they were also magnetic, allowing you to walk on magnetized surfaces. This implies they could have been mining equipment. There are possible explanations or practical uses, and there are ways to make them more useful and fun in-game.

I am still not so certain, I have some steel toe boots myself and they do not weigh so much that they greatly impede my ability to walk. I have also worn steel greaves, same story, nobody would want protection at the total expense of mobility. So I cannot see any real combat purposes in their creation. The idea of using them to wrestle Gorons was an interesting idea, and sounds like a fun way to cheat when taking them on. So for the purposes of sport it makes a little more sense.

To everyone still wondering how Pegasus Boots could work in a 3D game, I give you...

BunnyHood1.jpg

The Bunny Hood from Majora's Mask.

If they change the pegasus boots to work like the bunny hood and they just increase running speed then I think it would work. In fact that would be much more useful, but would take away the usefulness of Epona. If they do the same running in place for a second and then dash in a straight line until hitting an object or wall then they would become too dangerous to use. Hyrule field is already filled with chasms and bottomless pits everywhere. Much less the dungeons. I always thought the pegasus boots worked better in the old top down perspective where you could easily see what is in front of Link and stop him before he ran off something he shouldn't. It is a little harder in the third person looking from behind Link's head.

I voted for "only new types of boots" but really I wouldn't mind having the old ones ( especially the pegasus boots ) and I'd like new ones. However the pegasus boots seem to be replaced since you can sprint by holding down the "A" button so, that basically means no pegasus boots, but never the less I hope we get some new boots in this game, and hopefully a Two Handed weapon, maybe an Axe? :D

Anyways I'm surprised no one has posted this yet... nice post Raven!

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
I actually want both the Iron and Pegasus Boots but not Hover Boots, so I didn't vote. The Iron Boots are simply classic and deserve to return, especially after their use in TP (especially with the magnetic puzzles). Pegasus Boots are extremely useful, but I kind of want them implemented as an item equipped all the time like in ALttP. Hover Boots are OK, but their lack of friction limits their usefulness greatly.

Moon.Flower

I'm the crazy chicken. ;)
I would actually like to see different items with different abilities. Personally I like the boots but it's nice to see different items once in a while. :)

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Well, having the Pegasus Boots in the game as we currently imagine them would be sorta... useless. We've already got the dash command in SS, so having the Boots as they are wouldn't make much sense. I'm not entirely sure, but I'm pretty sure you could charge your enemies ala ALttP by holding your Wii Mote so that your sword is pointed forwards and then use the dash command. Maybe they could use the Pegasus Boots to make Link run faster (at the cost of depleting his stamina bar faster) and allow him to do things like run across water or air (and maybe even run up solid surfaces like walls). I'm not so sure about you, but with those I see PLENTY of possibilities in terms of puzzles.

And just for the record I voted for "Only New Types of Boots". Although, this doesn't mean that old boots can't return with different uses (like my suggested use of the Pegasus Boots above). I'd personally really like to see brand new types of boots used for all kinds of things like maybe allowing him to walk underwater as though he were on land (kinda like how the Gravity Suit works in Metroid: Zero Mission) or maybe jump farther, give him a Jump Command (like the Roc's Feather/Cape from the Handheld games), or maybe even some kind of wacky use like walking up walls and ceilings.

All in all, mostly new types of boots with old types (like the Pegasus Boots) returning with new uses is what I want to see if they incorperate Ability Boots in SS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom