• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Boots with Abilities Poll

Do you still want different types of boots in SS? and if so which ones?

• No more boots, I'd rather have different items with similar abilities

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Iron Boots

• Hover Boots please!

• Give us Pegasus Boots

• All three

• Anything but the Iron Boots

• Only new kinds of boots

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
Should Skyward Sword even have Boots with different abilities? It's so tedious having to switch back and forth all the time, would you rather they made new items instead? Vote, not that it really matters much but maybe some of you are sick of the Iron Boots like me. oh yeah and there is a time limit of about 3 weeks for the voting so if you don't want to post at least pick one of the choices above. It's just that with SS coming out so soon this thread won't matter in a few months anyway, since we'll know if there is or isen't equipable boots.

Djinn

and Tonic
I was never a fan of the Iron Boots anyway. They never were very "magical" like so many other items that come from Hyrule. Just some metal boots that weigh a whole lot, I have trouble understanding just why someone would make something like that in the first place.

I liked the Pegasus boots but I can understand how they could create some problems in a 3D environment, however they were much more useful than the hover boots. I am hoping for something in between. Something that increases speed and would help with moving from platform to platform. Since Skyloft is described as a series of floating islands I can see how something like that would be useful.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Where's the poll o_O?
I personally only want regular walking boots and the iron boots. Nothing else. The Hover Boot concept was pretty cool, but I don't think it is something that should be brought back.

I don't really see the point here. Why boots? They aren't especially interesting or anything...

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
I actually didn't mind Equipping and un-equipping the iron boots. It was more of an automatic thing as time went on. And Iron boots can be used in a lot of different puzzles and various dungeons. I also like how they were incorporated with magnetism. I loved the hover boots too. They were pretty useful even in places you didn't need them, (If you were too lazy to time a jump right). The Pegasus boots, more or less, sometimes it was useful to dash, but I didn't do it all that much. I wouldn't mind not seeing the Pegasus boots, unless they did something really interesting with them.

squadala

I don't like you either
The sky and cloud factors of SS could lead to some great uses for the hover boots. I'd also love to see the pegasus boots return.

Tony

Stardust Crusaders
I would really like a form of Pegusus boots back, they were fun to use in alttp, but I don't know how well they would work in a 3-d game. I also would hope for new boots, but Nintendo seems to be doing the same thing that the first LoZ did few Items with lots of uses.

penguinboy82

Nature's troll
You know, it would be cool to incorperate some hover-pegasus boots.there could be a setting where you could do only pegasus, only hover, or a mixture of both. I agree with other people, hover boots would be cool to have in Skyloft, and pegasus-hover boots would be that much better.

Kybyrian

Personally I'd like to see the Iron Boots make yet another return. The Iron Boots have a lot of opportunities for use and are able to be used in a few different puzzles. The Pegasus Boots are a grand idea, of course, but I don't see how they would apply that greatly in a 3D Zelda game. They were brilliant in the 2D Zelda games, when there were an abundance of uses for them and even puzzles that could be designed for them, but I simply don't see a good use for them in a 3D Zelda game.
I believe there is to be a stamina bar in Skyward Sword, correct? If I'm right, then the Pegasus Boots could have a slightly... altered way of functioning. Instead of increasing your speed to an amazing level for a brief amount of time, it could decrease the length at which the stamina bar decreases. We could also use a slightly different form of the same idea... where it makes you run slightly faster, but you use up the stamina bar faster. Either of them sound like good options if we are to see the Pegasus Boots again.

As for the Hover Boots, they are okay, but the only real use they have is for clearing a slightly longer jumping distance. Otherwise they can even get in the way when you travel the overworld, seeing as how you slide when you attempt to stop. The hover boots were pretty cool, but I don't think they have much of a use. As far as usefulness and the different puzzles that can be designed to work them to the best of their ability, the Iron Boots seem to be the prime choice.
With all of that having been said, I would also love to see what other new ideas Nintendo could throw at us as far as new uses for different kinds of boots go. I'm always up for change.

As I said in the shoutbox earlier, I feel as though the iron boots should be the only boots in 3D Zeldas, and that pegasus boots and other special boots should be for 2D Zeldas. Since that's how it was in the earlier Zeldas, I just feel that's the way it should be, even though boots are such minor items. Although, if Nintendo can think of a way to incorporate boots with abilities into the game without it feeling forced, I'm 100% open to it. But one more thing to think about is that Skyward Sword is primarily built around the idea of using the WM+ for controls, and pegasus boots are sadly just a press of a button, which is not exactly the type of revolutionization that Nintendo is looking for.

Sgt. Backwash

JEALOUSY
Given that this is the first 3D game where Link can "dash," having the Pegasus Boots makes sense.

They could act as a sort of permanent upgrade a la A Link to the Past. They could prevent him from getting fatigued, increase running speed, and/or allow him to "boost" or move at extreme speeds after dashing for a period of time, Metroid-style.

I do like the Iron Boots, but how many things can you do with them?

I voted "All Three", but I don't want it to stop there. I was a big, BIG fan of the equipment system in Ocarina of Time and I have been consistently very disappointed in its lack of use in the games since (Twilight Princess kind of had one, but it was lacking). I'm very fond of the idea of many types of equipment with many different powers, boots included. Boots are the "mobility" equipment.

I fail to see what this commotion about the Pegasus Boots being difficult or impossible to do in 3D is about. How is it in any way difficult to implement the ability to charge forward in a 3D game? We already have the ability to run in Skyward Sword, so the charging would simply be a faster run with less or no ability to steer and an impact that damages or knocks things back. Some enemies would be designed to dodge or withstand this impact, creating strategy. I'd LOVE to be able to bull-rush my enemies, which is actually a fairly typical combat strategy of mine in any video game; extreme aggression and relentless assault.

The Pegasus Boots are definitely the item I want to see the most, but I want to see the other boots come back too as well as new boots, same as I feel with all equipment items. Iron Boots are classic, basic, and generally useful. We could have them expand your strength or weight in combat as well or do the same thing they always do. As for the Hover Boots, a nice expansion to its ability to briefly hover over space would be if it could make you hover indefinitely or longer over semi-solid surfaces. I'm talking water or lava mainly, but mist or other substances could work too. Now that sounds interesting doesn't it? I'm sure there are all kinds of new boots they can come up with too, plus other ideas for existing boots.

I was never a fan of the Iron Boots anyway. They never were very "magical" like so many other items that come from Hyrule. Just some metal boots that weigh a whole lot, I have trouble understanding just why someone would make something like that in the first place.
Steel-toed boots exist in real-life for protection purposes. Even in the context of fully metal footwear, it makes sense if you need armor, need to be weighed down (which could exist depending on unique jobs or tasks and this is how it's used in Zelda), and possibly other reasons. In Twilight Princess the boots allowed humans to face Gorons in wrestling matches, and they were also magnetic, allowing you to walk on magnetized surfaces. This implies they could have been mining equipment. There are possible explanations or practical uses, and there are ways to make them more useful and fun in-game.

Alex Arbiter

That Random Guy
Interesting fact, you can see something similar to the magnetic rock from tp in the ss e3 debut trailer 45 seconds in.

Michael Heide

The 8th Wise Man
To everyone still wondering how Pegasus Boots could work in a 3D game, I give you...

BunnyHood1.jpg

The Bunny Hood from Majora's Mask.

And yeah, I'm somewhat tired of the Iron Boots. It doesn't matter if I have to go into the submenu like in OoT or if I can use it like any other item like in WW or TP. They make you soooooo slooooooow. TP managed to give them a new purpose by incorporating magnetic puzzles, but doing that again would be redundant, so I'd rather have anything else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom