• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Boomerang?

Pikacondon

Title.
probably not, the Beetle serves that role. and Beetle plus Boomerang would make one of them useless. By the way, that's a HUGE signature.

I haven't found the boomarang really useful since the original Legend of Zelda. In that one it was really helpful for killing bats in the dungeons. In that one you could also throw in at angles better. In all of the other games I stopped using it very quickly within the game.

Djinn

and Tonic
To me the boomerang is only really useful in 2D games. In 3D it requires aim and sometimes setup with things like picking out multiple targets. And this is often a little too tedious for a weapon that does not even kill any enemies, sometimes it will not even stun them. Also in the time it takes to make the targets and throw, the enemies will wonder off or the items I want to pick up have disappeared. So usually in any 3D game I will not bother with a boomerang. I imagine this is why they tried to add a few extra gimmicks to the Gale boomerang just to keep a classic weapon around but keep it useful in some way.

If you could just quickly toss it in the general direction and whack an enemy or grab a rupee like you could in the 2D games it would be much more useful. The 3D environment just screws this up too much. So it becomes the least used item in any of the newer games. Because of that I would not at all be sad to see it gone in SS. Maybe if the boomerang had some kind of automatic homing ability to seek out an enemy on it's own without having to target or aim it might be nearly as useful. But it still cannot kill an enemy so people might still choose a more potent weapon over it.

As Pikacondon said, the Boomerang would be an obsolete item, with the Beetle being present and all. The last time I really used the Boomerang was during my 100% of OoT, and that was just so I could get all the gold skulltulas. And I suppose it was useful in WW, but after the Forbidden Forest, it just kind of dropped off my radar.

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
I use the boomerang a lot especially on difficult fights so If they did put it would be a good item and the Beetle would go farther than the boomerang making the Beetle a useful item still.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I don't know. I guess it could, I mean it's not like you're controlling its path after you throw it. Yeah, I guess it would. It'd be fun to use, too. Actually getting to throw it... (and how far it would go!)

By the way, just because the Beetle is in the game, doesn't mean the Boomerang can't be in it. But, I guess it would kinda make it obsolete. However, the Boomerang is a quicker item and can also be used as a weapon, so it could still be used. Plus, certain puzzles can be used for the Boomerang that the Beetle couldn't solve.

no one thought what would be a boomerang with WM+? maybe it can be launched in many angles and have diferent effects

I think it can work, the beetle is not really the same

TopherD05

Hyrulian Knight
i could take or leave it myself..as some people have said its really annoying to try and aim it fast in some games but then again it can be a fun weapon to have. If they decide to not put it in then i would be completely fine with the beetle.

Problem is it's not much of a weapon, and as a non weapon item you probably have the beetle. There isn't much room for it unless they up the strength making it a functional attacker. The possible motion+ control is a nice gimmick however is its originality enough to validate an appearance in SS. I don't think so.

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
I do for the exact reason you just said and with saying the Boomerang is obsolete.

Why have a bow and arrow and also a cross bow in the same game doesn't make much sense either.

MikauIncarnate

Hero of the Zora
I feel like with the wii motion plus it would probably be a lot quicker to use than it has been. Hold wiimote like a boomerang, tilt upwards, throw. NOT LITERALLY

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom