• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Boomerang in SS

green goron

Best of the Gorons
At the E3 demo they showed five items. The slingshot, bow n arrow, whip, bombs, and the beadle. However they did not show the boomerang. Share your thoughts on why you think it will or will not be in SS. Personally I do because it is a classic zelda item from the very first dungeon of the very first game. But with Nintendo you never know.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
I don't think there's really a need for the boomerang anymore. Bow and Arrow already takes care of long distance damage. The Whip seems capable of stunning opponents and item retrieval to a certain degree. The Beetle seems to be able to take care of all the other long distance item retrieval or switch hitting or whatever else the boomerang used to do. Yes, the boomerang is classic, but it's also rather...outdated I think. There's not much use for it and I don't know how many more new uses they can make for such an old item. Plus, they said the item diversity was going to be limited, so I'd rather see the remaining spaces filled with new innovative items rather than an old dried up one (unless they can find a good innovative aspect for the boomerang; the Gale Boomerang was rather interesting, but they can't really repeat gimmicks).

S

Sevenyearwait

I think that the boomerang will make its apperence once more because it is such a popular tool and can be used in many different ways

disturbed42

I will win....eventually!
I don't think it will, or at least I hope not. We already have a lot of long distance items (bow and arrows, whip, slingshot - heck, the bombs can even be thrown/rolled far). If the boomerang shows up I'll be a little irritated. I don't particularly care for it, but that's just me. I'd rather have some other close range items, since it seems we don't really have any right now. And since Nintendo is all about refreshing Zelda, it probably won't show up. But then again, it's Nintendo. Ya never know.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
I would rather they make a new item than use the boomerang again. Although if it's the gale boomerang than I might not mind. I'll admit it certainly is a classic weapon and a really good one at that, but there are other items that can preform the same tasks (for puzzles and against enemies). As mentioned the beadle and whip will probably replace the need for one and as for putting out flames (in TP) couldn't the whirlwind item in ST do the same thing? or what about a war fan that can take out flames. I'm just saying that there are replacements for the boomerang now, but we might still get it. I also think that there will be a lot of weapons and items in SS so we might end up getting all those classic weapons and then some (the slingshot is pretty classic, right?) Hopefully they can make the gale boomerang more useful in the dungeon you get it and outside in the overworld, because I didn't need it very manytimes in TP.

The DS games made the Boomerang a fun item to use and I want all items and weapons to be like that but when I think about OoT the boomerang was one of my least favorite weapons, simply because after you get it you turn into an adult and can't use it. it helps you a bit in the well and the spirit temple but by that point the damage had been done, the boomerang felt like a lesser item (kind of like the deku nuts lol... although I try and use those more now). MM didn't even use the boomerang... but I suppose Zora form makes up for that. I just want them to make it good again, will be hard with all the alternatives we already have. I must say there are alot of long range weapons in SS so far. I just think if they can't make the boomerang stand out from the rest than they shouldn't try it at all. But who knows? Maybe they will suprise me? Gale/Flame Boomer! to extinguish torches or light them, or burn multiple targets? and it uses magic! just an idea (it would be neat if more great fairies were transformed into weapons..). But to be blunt if they can't put a twist on the powers of the boomerang like that I think they should just skip it.

WeeGee

TheHeroOfTime
I doubt it, you have a whip to stun enemies, and the beetle to pick up far items and solve more complex puzzles.

Austin

Austin
As others have said, with the addition of new items like the Beadle and the whip, it's become somewhat obsolete. However, that didn't stop them from putting the slingshot in TP.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
It would be better for them to create and include a new item in Skyward Sword.

Even though we don't know much about the beadle yet, I hope that isn't the only new item in the game. I think it would be fun to incorperate new things into the game as long as they make it work. But having said this I do like the initial idea behind the boomerang but it would be fun to add something to it. Hmm, maybe something you can put in it or something.

In conclusion I would like to see a new and improved boomerang in Skyward Sword if it is possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom