• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Book types...

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
When you read do you go for a specific type like chick lit, fantasy, sci fi, or author name aka garth nix or marian keyes or just whatevers there??

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
I pretty much collect and read fantasy books only. There are a few exceptions, and I'm ok with a bit of sci-fi too. But mainly it's fantasy! Favorite would be the Kingkiller Chronicles, I just hope we get book 3 within the next 10 years...

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
usually fantasy or suspenseful novels that get you hooked to see what happens, like the Hunger Games. Sci fi's also pretty neat. Love darker themed stories, but I actually haven't read many published horror novels yet. I've been meaning for the longest time to read dracula, or listen to an audiobook of it, just haven't gotten around to it. I do love to read scary stories online though, about paranormal stuff or whatever else they come up with, they're really fun

but yeah, definitely read fiction the most. non-fiction's neat, but a well-crafted story is just so awesome to me

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I don't specifically read the genre, but recently I've been fixated on "hard" science fiction. It's a subgenre of science fiction that tends to put a bit more emphasis on the real world realism and feasibility of its more fantastical elements. Project Hail Mary is probably my favorite, followed closely by Children of Time.

My favorite genres are Fantasy/Heroic Fantasy and detective storie. I also read a bit of sci-fi.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
Fantasy or mysteries/thrillers
Anything by Sanderson is usually good, the last thriller I read was the girl with the dragon tattoo. Despite the adult content it's pretty enjoyable

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I never read books anymore but I prefer fantasy. I remember reading the whole LotR trilogy in 2 weeks (before watching the movies) and also reading the Silmarillion when being on the bus for work when my car was broken.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom