• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Book and Movie Quotes.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
From 'Gone With The Wind' (both movie and book)

Scarlett: But if you leave, where will I go? What shall I do?

Rhett: Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.

At some point in the same argument:

Scarlett: But I love you!

Rhett: That's your misfortune.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
"If we, citizens, do not support our artists, then we sacrifice our imagination on the altar of crude reality and we end up believing in nothing and having worthless dreams."
- Yann Martel, Life of Pi

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
Frank Herbert (Dune said:
“Proper teaching is recognized with ease. You can know it without fail because it awakens within you that sensation which tells you this is something you have always known.”

Carl Von Claustwitz (On War said:
Two qualities are indispensable: first, an intellect that, even in the darkest hour, retains some glimmerings of the inner light which leads to truth; and second, the courage to follow this faint light wherever it may lead.

Arthur C. Clarke (2001: A Space Odyssey said:
“He was moving through a new order of creation, of which few men had ever dreamed. Beyond the realms of sea and land and air and space lay the realms of fire, which he alone had been privileged to glimpse. It was too much to expect that he would also understand.”
― Arthur C. Clarke, 2001: A Space Odyssey

Major T. J. "King" Kong. (Dr Strangelove) said:
Survival kit contents check. In them you'll find: one forty-five caliber automatic; two boxes of ammunition; four days' concentrated emergency rations; one drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills; one miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible; one hundred dollars in rubles; one hundred dollars in gold; nine packs of chewing gum; one issue of prophylactics; three lipsticks; three pair of nylon stockings. Shoot, a fella' could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff.

Casablanca said:
Annina: Monsieur Rick, what kind of a man is Captain Renault?
Rick: Oh, he's just like any other man, only more so.

The Shawshank Redemption said:
Red: [narrating] I have no idea to this day what those two Italian ladies were singing about. Truth is, I don't want to know. Some things are best left unsaid. I'd like to think they were singing about something so beautiful, it can't be expressed in words, and makes your heart ache because of it. I tell you, those voices soared higher and farther than anybody in a gray place dares to dream. It was like some beautiful bird flapped into our drab little cage and made those walls dissolve away, and for the briefest of moments, every last man in Shawshank felt free.

|

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
"One day, I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine." - The 1st Doctor

"Well, of course I'm being childish! There's no point being grown-up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The 4th Doctor

“Know what you are? A great, big, outer space dunce.” – Donna Noble

"You know how it is; you put things off for a day and next thing you know, it's a hundred years later." - The 5th Doctor

“Time isn't a straight line. It's all bumpy wumpy. There's loads of boring stuff. Like Sundays and Tuesdays and Thursday afternoons. But now and then there are Saturdays. Big temporal tipping points when anything's impossible.” – The 11th Doctor

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
"Dad I'm 31, I don't have a Christmas list anymore."
"I DO!" - Rory and the Eleventh Doctor

"What are you doing here?"
"Well I was on my way to this gay Gypsy bar mitzvah for the disabled when I suddenly thought "Gosh, the Third Reich's a bit rubbish. I think I'll kill the Fuehrer." - A Nazi officer and River Song

"My stocking seams were straight, my lipstick was combat-ready, and I was packing cleavage that could fell an ox at twenty feet."
"But I am Melody Melone, with ice in my heart and a kiss on my lips. In the city that never sleeps and should never blink, mysteries are my business." - The Angel's Kiss: A Melody Melone Mystery

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
"Are these beds made out of bombs?"
"Yes, but they are very old and highly unlikely to blow up. But try not to toss and turn."
"Cool!" - Edith and Gru from Despicable Me

"Goodbye, Mister Sheepsbutt."
"That's Ramsbottom"
"Yea, 'cause that's better." - Gru and Silas Ramsbottom from Despicable Me 2

"We can either sit here and do nothing or grab those flare guns and do something really stupid." - Herc Hansen from Pacific Rim

"One, don't you ever touch me again. Two, don't you ever touch me again." - General Stacker Pentecost from Pacific Rim

"I'm a pencil inside a mug"
"Yes you are. 4H somes you up." - Donna Noble and the Doctor

"Madame De Pompadour you look younger everyday."
"O, this is my lover the King of France."
"O yeah, well I'm the Lord of Time." - The Doctor and Reinette

"Just stand still and let the defabricator work its magic."
"What's a defabricator? Ok defabicator does exactly what it says on the tin. Am I naked in front of millions of viewers?"
"Absolutely."
"Ladies your viewing figures just went up." - Female Robots and Captain Jack Harkness from Doctor Who

"State your name, rank and intention."
"The Doctor, Doctor, Fun." - Adele and The Doctor

"You threw the manual into a super nova, why?"
"Because I disagreed with it! Stop talking to me when I'm crossed!" - Amy Pond and The Doctor

"I'm your new undercover agent on lone from Scotland Yard, code name The Doctor. These are my top operatives the legs, the nose and Mrs. Robbinson."
"Hate you."
"No you don't" - The doctor and River Song

"Do you remember me"
SLAP
"She remembers me"
"Same old Amy."
"Don't you know how to make someone into a Dalek. Subtract love add anger, doesn't she seem a bit too angry to you."
"Well somebody's never been to Scotland." - Rory Williams, the Doctor, Oswin Oswald, Amy Pond

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
"Courage isn't a matter of not being frightened, you know. It's being afraid and doing what you have to do anyway." - The Third Doctor

"Ood on the loo" - Rory from Doctor Who Pond Life

"I am fluent in over six million forms of communication" C3-PO from Star Wars

"Hello. Laptop. Gimme."
"No no no!"
"It's fine give it here. Blimey. Get a girlfriend, Jeff." - The Doctor and Jeff from Doctor Who

"Rory! Do I have noticeable lines on my eyes now?"
"No."
"You didn't look."
"I noticed them earlier. DIDN'T notice them. I specifically remember not noticing them." - Rory and Amy from Doctor Who

"Just a minute! Would you like some jelly babies?"
"Where did you get those jelly babies?"
"Same place you get them. your pocket." - Romana I and The Forth Doctor

pkfroce

Skelepuns
"Courage is not a man with a gun in his hand. It's knowing you're licked before you begin but you begin anyway and you see it through no matter what. You rarely win, but sometimes you do..." -Atticus Finch, To Kill a Mockingbird

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
"You know that feeling you get when you're standing in a high place... sudden urge to jump?... I don't have it." -Jack Sparrow

"Jack, our sands be all but run. Where's the harm in joining the winning sides?"
"I understand everything... except that wig." - Barbossa and Jack Sparrow

"You've stolen me. And I'm here to take meself back." - Jack Sparrow

"The Black Pearl in a bottle. Why is the Black Pearl in the bottle?" - Jack Sparrow

"Captain, I wish to report a mutiny. I can name fingers and point names." - Jack Sparrow from Pirates of the Caribbean On Stranger Tides

"This won't hurt a bit."
"Ouch"
"I lied" - (River Song, Rory Williams, The Doctor) and (Amy Pond, Brian Williams, Clara Oswald) from three different episodes of Doctor Who

"Shut up dad, I'm focusing on a dress size." - Melody Pond from Doctor Who

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom