• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Book and Movie Quotes.

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
"I am bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There is no one I'd rather be than me."
Villians, Wreck-It-Ralph.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
"I think you'll find that I am universally recognized as a mature and responsible adult."
Pulls out the psychic paper.
"It's just a bunch of wavy lines."
"Its shorted out, finally a lie too big." - The eleventh Doctor and Kazran

"You fought her off with a water pistol? I bloody love you" - Donna Noble from Doctor Who

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
"A wizard is never late Frodo Baggins, nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to." - Gandalf, The Fellowship of the Ring, book one of The Lord of the Rings Trillogy.

I love the LotR books. <3

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
"I'm the Doctor, I'm an alien from outerspace, I'm a thousand years old, I've got two hearts and I can't fly a plane!" - The Doctor from Doctor Who

"Am I speaking Russian? How come I'm speaking Russian?"
"Now? We have to do this now?"
"Are THEY speaking Russian?"
"Seriously? Now? It's the TARDIS translation matrix."
"Are they?"
"Yes! They're Russians!" - Clara and the Doctor

Books:
"You know," said Arthur, "it's at times like this, when I'm trapped in a Vogon airlock with a man from Betelgeuse, and about to die of asphyxiation in deep space that I really wish I'd listened to what my mother told me when I was young."
"Why, what did she tell you?"
"I don't know, I didn't listen."
Arthur & Ford from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

"It's really a wonder that I haven't dropped all my ideals, because they seem so absurd and impossible to carry out. Yet I keep them, because in spite of everything I still believe that people are really good at heart."
"Parents can only give good advice or put them on the right paths, but the final forming of a person's character lies in their own hands."
"People can tell you to keep your mouth shut, but it doesn't stop you having your own opinions. Even if people are still very young, they shouldn't be prevented from saying what they think."
Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl

'I wish it need not have happened in my time,' said Frodo.
'So do I,' said Gandalf, 'and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.'
Frodo & Gandalf from LotR: The Fellowship of the Ring

All children grow up, except one.
Peter Pan

Movies:
In ancient times, the land lay covered in forests, where, from ages long past, dwelt the spirits of the gods. Back then, man and beast lived in harmony, but as time went by, most of the great forests were destroyed. Those that remained were guarded by gigantic beasts who owed their allegiances to the Great Forest Spirit. For those were the days of gods and of demons...
Princess Mononoke

Kiki: You know that painter that found the stuffed cat? She wants to do a picture of me.
Jiji: Naked?
Kiki: Jiji!
Kiki & Jiji from Kiki's Delivery Service

So many quotes from the Joker in The Dark Knight!

"Dr Grant, my dear Dr Sattler. Welcome...to Jurassic Park!"
John Hammond from Jurassic Park

"It's all right, Andy! It's just bolognaise!"
Andy Wainwright from Hot Fuzz

Elwood: It's a hundred and six miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.
Jake: Hit it.
The Blues Brothers

"Apart from the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh-water system, and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?"
Reg from Life of Brian

"You got the message that the time had been changed?"
"I must have missed it. But by a happy mistake, I arrived at the Ministry three hours early."
Cornelius Fudge & Albus Dumbledore from Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

"I was elected to lead, not to read."
President Schwarznegger from The Simpsons Movie

sailorgirl221

What a fearsome beast!!
"life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you'er going to get." - forest gump
"Be a man
we must be swift as a coursing river
Be a man
with all the force of a great typhoon
Be a man
with all the strength as a raging fire
mysterious as the dark side of the moon" - mulan/ cause hell yeah
"so long gay boys!"- hangover
"could it be? one more lone wolf, for my lone wolf pack."-hangover
anything from hangover lol.

BONUS: song line! Tracy Chapman Remember The Tinman:
Who took away the part so essential to the whole
Left you a hollow body
Skin and bone
What robber what thief
Who stole your heart and the key?

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Davy Jones said:
Do you fear death?

One of my favourites!

Gibbs said:
Let's put some distance between us and this island and head out to open sea!
Jack Sparrow said:
Yes to the first, yes to the second, but only insofar as we keep to the shallows as much as possible.
Gibbs said:
That seems a bit contradictory, Captain?
Jack Sparrow said:
I have every faith in your reconciliatory navigational skills, Mr. Gibbs, now where is that monkey, I want to shoot something!

Jack Sparrow is truly awesome!

Gibbs said:
So, we're setting out to find whatever this key unlocks?
Jack Sparrow said:
No. If we don't have the key, we can't open whatever we don't have that it unlocks. So what purpose would be served in finding whatever need be unlocked, which we don't have, without first having found the key what unlocks it?
Gibbs said:
So, we're going after this key?
Jack Sparrow said:
You're not making any sense at all

Are these Dead Man's Chest quotes getting old yet?

I have one more...

Jack Sparrow said:
I've gotta jar of dirt, I've gotta jar of dirt, and guess what's inside it!

bunny

birb overlord
" I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a man with a gun in his hand. It’s when you know you’re licked before you begin but you begin anyway and you see through it no matter what." -Atticus Finch from To Kill a Mockingbird

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
"How did you do that?"
"Disgracefully" - Jenny and River Song from Doctor Who

"Natalie is here!"
"I want one."
"No." - Pepper and Tony from Iron Man 2

"Stark We need a plan of attack."
"I have a plan: attack." - Steve and Tony - The Avengers

"you know that Stark trusts me about as far as he can throw me" - Natasha from The Avengers

Luke's Wife

peaked in 2015
“Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies...we cross, criss-cross and recross our old tracks like figure skaters.”
-Timothy Cavendish, Cloud Atlas

“What kind of awful civilization wouldn’t invent orange creamsicles? Not one I’d want anything to do with.”
-Terezi Pyrope, Homestuck

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom