• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Book and Movie Quotes.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
"Even thus early had the child saved her from Satan's snare." -- The Scarlet Letter

Sorry, just had to throw this in here because it's pure, unadultered irony.

tumblr_m6aen2mw6H1qaakcho1_400.jpg

Master of Disquise
Pistachio Disquisey: Am I not turtley enough for the turtle club? Turtle, turtle, turtle!

Pistachio Disquisey: [to snake] Come get the cheese, Buttercup!

Grandfather Disquisey: Ahhh, you're too young for the job. Go home and ask your mommy to change your diaper.
Barney Baker: I don't wear a diaper.
Grandfather Disquisey: Hey Pistachio! There's a talking baby out here!
Pistachio Disquisey: I want to see the talking baby coochy coochy choo! Brave Barney Baker nice to see you again!
Grandfather Disquisey: You know this baby?
Pistachio Disquisey: Yes, yes of course I do!
Barney Baker: Actually I was potty trained when I was two.
Pistachio Disquisey: Yes, you are the conductor of the potty train!

Pistachio Disguisey: [as Gammy Num-Nums] Appraise this! [Slams "Nest in a Box on counter]
Art Dealer: It appears to be of 12th century Tuscan design...
Pistachio Disguisey: I knew it was old, you fool! Let me appraise you; you're an idiot. A complete and total idiot!

Pistachio Disguisey: Can I help you?
Grandfather Disguisey: I have come to help you, Pistachio.
Pistachio Disguisey: Help me what?
Grandfather Disguisey: Find your mother and your father. My son.
Pistachio Disguisey: My father... your son... Holy canoli! You are my sister!

Pistachio Disguisey: [Dangling cheese above reptile] You like the cheese. Go get the cheese, Buttercup. You know you love it.

Last edited:

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
"Now. First thing's first. Be honest. How do I look?"
"Different."
"Good different or bad different?"
"Just different."
"Am I... ginger?"
"No, you're sort of just... brown."
"Aww, I wanted to be ginger. I've never been ginger! And you, Rose Tyler, fat lot of good you were, you gave up on me. Ooh, that's rude. Is that all I am now? Rude? Rude and not ginger?" - The Tenth Doctor and Rose Tyler

"Legs, I've still got legs, good. Arms, hands, ooh, fingers, lots of fingers. Ears, yes, eyes too. Nose, I've had worse. Chin, blimey. Hair...I'm a girl! No, no! I'm not a girl. I'm still not ginger. There's something else, there's something important. I'm, I'm, I'm... Ha! Crashing! Haha! woohoohoo! Ah! Geronimo!" The Eleventh Doctor

Naga

MUSICALITY!
"Once upon a time, before there were kingdoms of owls, in a time of ever-raging wars, there was an owl born in the country of the Great North Waters and his name was Hoole. Some say there was an enchantment cast upon him at the time of his hatching, that he was given natural gifts of extraordinary power. But what was known about this owl was that he inspired other owls to great and noble deeds and that although he wore no crown of gold,the owls knew him as a king, for indeed his good grace and conscience anointed him and his spirit was his crown. In a wood of straight, tall trees he was hatched, in a glimmering time when the seconds slow between the last minute of the old year and the fist of the new, and the forest on this night was sheathed in ice."
- opening of the Hoolian legends in Guardians of Gahoole

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
[Bond stares at the porcelain bulldog statue on M's desk]
"The whole office goes up in smoke and that bloody thing survives?"
"I've always valued your advice on interior decorations, 007." - James Bond and M from Skyfall

Martha: "Oh, my, God! You've got a hand? A hand in a jar? A hand, in a jar, in your bag."
Doctor: "Bu-tha-tha-that's my hand."
Jack: "I said I had a Doctor Detector."
Chantho: "Chan, is this a tradition amongst your people, tho?"
Martha: "Not on my street. What do you mean that's your hand? You've got both your hands. I can see them."
Doctor: "Long story. I lost my hand, Christmas Day, in a sword fight."
Martha: "What? And you... grew another hand?"
Doctor: "Um, yeah. I did, yeah. [waves] Hello." - Doctor Who

Last edited:

Zorth

#Scoundrel
"May the force be with you" ~ Various Star Wars Characters
"Do or do not, there is no try.." ~ Master Yoda, Star Wars.

"Heeeereee comes JOHNNY!!!" ~ Jack, The Shining.

"Bond. James Bond." ~ James Bond.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
"Daleks be warned, You have declared war upon the Cybermen"
"This is not war. This is pest control." - Cybermen and a Dalek from Doctor Who

"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try." - Yoda from Star Wars V

"Potter, take Weasley with you. He looks far too happy over there." Professor McGonagall from Harry Potter 6

"Will you stop eating? Your best friend is missing!"
"Turn around, you lunatic!"
"He's covered in blood again. Why is it he's always covered in blood?"
"Well, it looks like it's his own this time." - Hermione, Ron, and Ginny from Harry Potter 6

"Proximity alert. Must be coming up on something."
"Oh my god. What can it be? We're all doomed! Who's flying this thing? Oh right, that would be me. Back to work." - Zoe and Wash from Firefly

Cfrock

Keep it strong
"They look at you... and see who they want to be. They look at me... and see who they are."

From Oliver Stone's Nixon, a brilliant biopic about Richard Nixon. The line is spoken when Nixon looks upon a portrait of John Kennedy after sigining his resignation. Powerful stuff.

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

From Taken (2008)

I win

Igos du Ikana

Maldorok
My favorite two (that I can think of) are

"I'm not gonna hurt ya, I'm just gonna bash your brains in"-Jack Nicholson, the Shining
and
"You Mr. Mother ****er"-Prostitute from Phone Booth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom