• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Book and Movie Quotes.

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
Frodo: I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

Gandalf: So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring, in which case you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought.

- Dialogue between Frodo Baggins and Gandalf the Grey in The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring -

I love any references to "Badges!? Badges!?!? We don't need no steenking badges!!" Especially in Eldest, when the villagers are travelling by sea and the only option is barges, one man says "Barges!? Barges!? We don't want no stinking barges!!!"

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
I just recently found all my old Dr. Seuss books so I thought this would be fitting: "You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And you are the one who'll decide where to go."

As for movies, anything from Monty Python And The Holy Grail is pure gold.

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
"Your whole arm's off!'
"No it's not"
"Then whats that?"
"Just a flesh wound"
"What are you going to do, bleed on me?"
"If i have to!.................. Get back here and I'll bite your legs off!"

-an attempt at the dialogue between King Arthur and the Black Knight from Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Naga

MUSICALITY!
Aragorn: Legolas, fire a warning shot past the person's ear.
*Legolas pulls back bow*
Gimli:Mind yer aim. *taps bow just as Legolas releases, and the arrow kills the guy next to the guy whose ear the arrow was supposed to go past* That's it, we warned you.
- Lord of the Rings:Return of the King

Last edited:

Dan

Monty python and the holy grail

God: Every time I try to talk to someone it's "sorry this" and "forgive me that" and "I'm not worthy"...
God: If it's one thing I can't stand, it's people groveling.

GoD is pretty cool guy in this movie.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
"The house of Godric Gryffindor has commanded the respect of the wizarding world for nearly ten centuries. I will not have you, in one night, besmirching that name by behaving like a babbling, bumbling band of baboons!"
"Try saying that five times fast."
"Babbling, bumbling band of baboons."
"Babbling, bumbling band of baboons." - McGonagall, Fred, and George from Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

Naga

MUSICALITY!
Buck: (sniffing a tuft of Sid's fur) smells like a buzzard's butt fell off... and then got sprayed in by a bunch of skunks.
Diego: that's Sid.
--later--
Buck: Here's what I think happened. Dinosaur attacks sid, sid fights back with piece of brocoli, leaving dinosaur: a vegtable
Diego: are you nuts? Sid's not violent...or coordinated
Manny: and wheres the dinosaur?
Buck: Allright, allright. THEORY TWO! sid's eating brocoli, dinosaur eats sid, dinosaur steps on brocoli, leaving brocoli: a vegtable
Manny: Buck, when exactly did you loose your mind?
Buck:hmm... 3 months ago! i woke up one morning married to a pineapple... an ugly pineapple. *sigh* but i loved her.
-Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs

Last edited:

theoathtoorder

“Zinga-dingding!”
Paprika

"Discipline calls for a search of the DC Mini rather than Paprika's bikini. This is true happiness."

"Even the five court ladies danced in sync to the frog's flutes and drums. The whirlwind of recycled paper was a sight to see. It was like computer graphics. That I don't support Technicolor parfaits and snobby petit bourgeois is common knowledge in Oceania! Now is the time to return home to the blue sky! The confetti will dance around the shrine gates. The mailbox and the refrigerator will lead the way! Anyone who cares about expiration dates will not get in the way of the glory train! They need to fully realize the liver of the triangle rulers! Now, this festival was decided by the third grade class with the telephoto camera! Move forward! Come together! I am the ultimate governor!"

"You're the feisty country girl I saved some time ago. How are you? If he was not home when i passed by around 7:30, then he probably disappeared into the instant noodle soup."

"The ecstasy that blooms in synapses is Paprika-brand milk fat! 5% is the norm. The safety net of the ocean is nonlinear, even with what crabs dream of! Lets go!"

"An overweight spirit needs no diet! Go forward, superhero, to anywhere you please!"

"The one I've been waiting for since historic times! Your flute's melody is a sound for sore neurons!"

"A fragrant fat is a first class lunch! (eats Atsuko) It needs a little more spice. Maybe a little paprika?"

"Well-rounded achievement is missing a spice. Paprika found!"

Naga

MUSICALITY!
Mittens: I'm gonna seriously wound you with this... this styrofoam!

Rhino the hamster: All of my training has prepared me. DIIIE!!!! *rushes at the actor with his hamster ball and runs into his leg, and the actor picks him up*
Actor: Awww, you're so cute! I had a hamster like you when I was a boy!.........
-Bolt

Scoby

France
"Does it look like I'm ordering pizza!?" ~ John mcclane from die hard
"english motherf**ker do you speak it!?" ~ samuel l. jackson in pulp fiction
"SURPRISE MOTHERF**KER!" ~ seargeant doakes, dexter

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
"The universe has to move forward. Pain and loss, they define us as much as happiness or love. Whether it's a world, or a relationship... Everything has its time. And everything ends." - Sara Jane Smith from Doctor Who

"I guess you really gotta watch where you step in a game called "Hero's Doodie"!" - Vanellope Von Schweetz from Wreck-it Ralph

"Captain, can you stop her from bein' cheerful, please?"
" I don't believe there's a power in the 'verse can stop Kaylee from bein' cheerful." - Jayne and Mal from Firefly

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
"Say hello to my little friend!" - Scarface

Al-Pacino-in-Scarface-198-001.jpg

Gotta love that movie :xd:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom