• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Book and Movie Quotes.

Bob: The pain, so unexpected and undeserved had for some reason cleared away the cobwebs. I realized I didn't hate the cabinet door, I hated my life... My house, my family, my backyard, my power mower. Nothing would ever change; nothing new could ever be expected. It had to end, and it did. now in the dark world where I dwell, ugly things, and surprising things, and sometimes little wondrous things, spill out in me constantly, and I can count on nothing.

A Scanner Darkly

Squirrel

The Rodent King
Oblivion:

Jack: What Horatius said was, "How can a man die better than facing fearful odds for the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods"

Sally: I created you, Jack. I am your God.

Jack: **** you, Sally.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
"Did you take one of my eggs?"
[Joanna, with an egg in her shut mouth, shakes her head no]
"Open your mouth."
[Joanna opens her mouth, moving the egg on her tongue to the side and hiding it from McLeach's view]
"These are NOT... Joanna Eggs!" - McLeach and Joanna from The Rescuers Down Under

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
"[Using Heihei's beak to sign Moana's oar] When you use a bird to write with, it's called tweeting." - Maui from Moana

"Why are you acting weird?"
"I'm the village crazy lady. That's my job." - Moana and Gramma Tala

"Where are you from?"
"Nowhere."
"Nobody is from nowhere."
"Jakku."
"Yeah, that's pretty much nowhere." - Luke and Rey - The Last Jedi

"Permission to hop in an X-Wing and blow something up?"
"Permission granted." - Poe and Leia

"She drew them off! All of them!"
"Ah they hate that ship!" - Poe and Finn

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
[Aragorn and co. leaving camp on horseback]
Soldier: Why does he leave on the eve of battle?
Gamling
: He leaves because there is no hope.
Theoden: He leaves because he must.
Gamling: Too few have come. We cannot defeat the armies of Mordor.
Theoden: No. We cannot. But we will meet them in battle nonetheless.

Gandalf: If the beacons of Gondor are lit, Rohan must be ready for war.
Theoden: Tell me, why should we ride to the aid of those who did not come to ours? What do we owe Gondor?

Aragorn: The Beacons of Minas Tirith! The Beacons are lit! Gondor calls for aid.
Theoden: And Rohan will answer!

[Eowyn hands Aragorn a goblet, he drinks and moves away]
Theoden: [to Eowyn] I am happy for you. He is an honorable man.
Eowyn: You are both honorable men.
Theoden: It was not Theoden of Rohan who led our people to victory.

Theoden: Tonight we remember those who gave their blood to defend this country. Hail the victorious dead.
All: Hail!

Theoden: Eomer. Take your Èored down the left flank. Gamling, follow the King's banner down the center. Grimbold, take your company right, after you pass the wall. Forth, and fear no darkness! Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Spears shall be shaken, shields shall be splintered! A sword day... a red day... ere the sun rises!
[the King rides past his men, hitting their spears with his sword as he goes]
Theoden: Ride now!... Ride now!... Ride! Ride to ruin and the world's ending!
[He stops and faces Sauron's army]
Theoden: Death!
Rohirrim: [echoing] Death!
Theoden: Death!
Rohirrim: [echoing] Death!
Theoden: DEATH!
Eowyn, Merry: Death!
Theoden: Forth, Eorlingas!

Theoden: I have left instruction. The people are to follow your rule in my stead. Take up my seat in the Golden Hall. Long may you defend Edoras if the battle goes ill.
Eowyn: What other duty would you have me do?
Theoden: Duty? No... I would have you smile again, not grieve for those whose time has come. You shall live to see these days renewed. No more despair.

Theoden: I know your face... Eowyn. My eyes darken.
Eowyn: No. No. I'm going to save you.
Theoden: You already did... Eowyn. My body is broken. You have to let me go. I go to my fathers, in whose mighty company I shall not now feel ashamed. Eowyn...
[dies]

Or just basically literally every one of Theoden's lines...

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
"In Italy, for 30 years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed. But they produced Michaelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace - and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock." -Orson Welles, The Third Man

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
Favourites from Sons of Anarchy:

"There's an old saying: 'That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger'. I don't believe that. I think the things that try to kill you make you angry and sad. Strength comes from the good things - your family, your friends, the satisfaction of hard work. Those are the things that'll keep you whole. Those are the things to hold onto when you're broken." -
Jax Teller.

(For those of you who don't know the show, Venus is a transgender prostitute who developed a relationship with one of the bikers)

Venus: I know what this is, Alexander.
Tig: What are you talking about?
V: You're a man who dares to dance with the freaks. I perpetuate that deviance for you, all you to show the world that you live outside the box. But... I know that's where this ends for us, and I understand. It comes with the territory of my complicated identity. But my... my feelings for you are much simpler. They live very much inside the box. I'm afraid, Alexander... that I may have fallen in love with you.
T: Um, I don't know what to say.
V: Please, let me say it for you. I am... a man. I am a man who knows she's a woman. And that's exactly where I'm supposed to be; that's the criss-cross I've come to love. I don't want the surgery. I don't want to undo what God has given to me. I know how beautiful I am.
T: You are beautiful.
V: Thank you. I'm.. gonna put some distance between us. At least until I can.. climb back outside the box:
T: Well, you're right, baby, about me. About everything. This is my criss-cross...Because when I'm with you, I don't have any secrets. I mean, I can't. I have to open myself up for this... and you see everything. All the things that I hide. All the **** that I hate about myself. You see it all, baby. And through all that, you still love me? Wow. I mean, man, I never had that with anyone, in any box, you know? But when I try to get close... to feel...
V: Normal.
T: Yeah. I just... I can't hook it up.
V: I... I understand.
T: No, let me finish. But I want to. I want to... I want to feel... what it's like...for you to be mine. I want to be able to go anywhere, any place, with you being mine. Come on baby. Why don't you go get yourself cleaned up, put on a pretty dress, put those flowers back in your hair. 'Cause I want to hear your lilt when you say my name. 'Cause you are my sweet... my beautiful... Venus.

ccbd5125c6.jpg

--Legion, William Peter Blatty

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Castlevania

Trevor Belmont: Stone-Eye Cyclops, right out of the family bestiary. God sh*ts in my dinner once again.
__

Trevor Belmont: Right. I'll come back later. And see if you can find some beer.

Trevor leaves

Sypha Belnades: I could pee in a bucket and tell him its beer...

The Elder: Sypha... He saved your life.

Sypha Belnades. He's. Rude.
__

Alucard: Why are you here?

Sypha Belnades: The story. The messiah sleeps under Gresit. The man who will save us from Dracula.

Alucard: And you? Are you in search of a mythical saviour?

Trevor Belmont: I fell down a hole.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom