• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Book and Movie Quotes.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
"Never underestimate a droid." - Leia from Rise of Skywalker

General Hux : "I'm the spy."
Poe: "I knew it!"
Finn: "No, you didn't."

"You lightspeed-skipped the Falcon?"
"You dropped a tree on BB-8?" - Rey and Poe

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
"Many of these trees were my friends... Creatures I had known from nut and acorn."
"I'm sorry Treebeard."
"They had voices of their own... Saruman... A wizard should know better!"
"WROOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR" - Treebeard and Pippin, The Two Towers

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
"Many of these trees were my friends... Creatures I had known from nut and acorn."
"I'm sorry Treebeard."
"They had voices of their own... Saruman... A wizard should know better!"
"WROOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR" - Treebeard and Pippin, The Two Towers
My favorite is:
"We have been blind Radagast. And in our blindness the enemy has returned."
-Gandalf

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
The Old Ones were, the Old Ones are, and the Old Ones shall be. Not in the spaces we know, but between them, They walk serene and primal, undimensioned and to us unseen. Yog-Sothoth knows the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the key and guardian of the gate. Past, present, future, all are one in Yog-Sothoth. He knows where the Old Ones broke through of old, and where They shall break through again. He knows where They have trod earth’s fields, and where They still tread them, and why no one can behold Them as They tread. By Their smell can men sometimes know Them near, but of Their semblance can no man know, saving only in the features of those They have begotten on mankind; and of those are there many sorts, differing in likeness from man’s truest eidolon to that shape without sight or substance which is Them. They walk unseen and foul in lonely places where the Words have been spoken and the Rites howled through at their Seasons. The wind gibbers with Their voices, and the earth mutters with Their consciousness. They bend the forest and crush the city, yet may not forest or city behold the hand that smites. Kadath in the cold waste hath known Them, and what man knows Kadath? The ice desert of the South and the sunken isles of Ocean hold stones whereon Their seal is engraven, but who hath seen the deep frozen city or the sealed tower long garlanded with seaweed and barnacles? Great Cthulhu is Their cousin, yet can he spy Them only dimly. Iä! Shub-Niggurath! As a foulness shall ye know Them. Their hand is at your throats, yet ye see Them not; and Their habitation is even one with your guarded threshold. Yog-Sothoth is the key to the gate, whereby the spheres meet. Man rules now where They ruled once; They shall soon rule where man rules now. After summer is winter, and after winter summer. They wait patient and potent, for here shall They reign again.
- "The Dunwich Horror" by H. P. Lovecraft.

Dr. Ishiro Serizawa: There are some things beyond our understanding, Mark. We must accept them and learn from them. Because these moments of crisis are also potential moments of faith. A time - when we either come together or fall apart. Nature always has a way of balancing itself. The only question is... What part - will we play.

Mark Russell: Did you just make that up?

Dr. Ishiro Serizawa: No. I read it in a fortune cookie once.

Dr. Ishiro Serizawa: A really long fortune cookie.

-Godzilla: King of the Monsters

Cfrock

Keep it strong
"What's that you're eating, then?"
"Prunes. Just a little nourishment to tide me through til lunchtime."
"Can I have one before I go?"
"Having one before you go is the whole point of prunes."

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
Lonna Bowstripe:
Rest not too deeply, Raga Bol! Know that I'm coming for you! As surely as night follows day, I am coming!
-Loamhedge

Star Lord : Groot, put that thing away now. I don't wanna tell you again......GROOT
Groot : I am Groot!

Ryuk:
You have lost, Light. Didn't I say in the beginning… when you die, the one who'll write your name down in a notebook will be me. That is… the deal between the Shinigami… and the first human to get their hands on the note in the human world. Once you enter the prison, I don't know when you'll die. It's annoying to wait… Your life is already over. You'll die here. Well, it was good while it lasted… We killed some boredom, didn't we? We did some various and interesting things

Cfrock

Keep it strong
"It's all guaranteed. Lose weight in one year or your money back. Here, have a leaflet."
". . . It says here that the management reserves the right to define one year according to any local calender it sees fit."
"That's right, sir."
"But the Troomellian calender year is three hundred and eleven months long!"

Creedy: You've got nothing. Nothing but your knives and your fancy karate gimmicks. We have guns!

V: No, what you have are bullets, and the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing. Because if I am, you'll all be dead before you've reloaded.

Cassie: Are you scared?

Capa: When a Stellar Bomb is triggered, very little will happen at first and then a spark, will pop into existence , and it will hang for an instant, hovering in space and then, it will split into two, and those will split again, and again, and again... detonation beyond all imaging - the big bang on a small scale. - a new star born out of a dying one... I think it will be beautiful... No, i'm not scared

Cassie: ...I am

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom