• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Book and Movie Quotes.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
Don't want this thread to fade away so...

"These aren't the droids your looking for" - Obi Wan from Star Wars 4

"Why's the rum gone" - Jack Sparrow from Pirates of the Caribbean 1

"Happiness can be found in the most darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore from Harry Potter 3

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
Just bumping this up.

"What would Zack Effron say at a time like this, we're all in this together." Dumbledore from A Very Potter Musical

"I have an Army" - Loki
"We have a Hulk" - Tonk Stark (Iron Man) from The Avengers

S

Sadlyzombiebait

"Fire. Wang Fire.", "My cabbages!", and "Flameo, Hotman" from Avatar: The Last Airbender have to be my favourites, (despite the fact that's a T.V. show). "You shall not pass!" from Lord of the Rings is a good one, too. I really like "Do or do not do, there is no try" from Star Wars.

Lady_Yuna

GoodNight SunShine!
He was just all alone. He couldn't enjoy a game with anyone else. Like living in a dream... That's the kind of man he was... - Spike "Cowboy Bebop The Movie"

selicyc

i never knew daylight could be so violent.
a mystery inside of an enigma wrapped in a soft fuzzy blanket of I don't even know what
"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!" - Dr. Strangelove

"Uh-uh, Mother-m-mother, uh, what is the phrase? She isn't quite herself today." Psycho

Zelda-Rocks

The King of all Rocks
"Of corse it's in your head Harry, but why does that mean it's not real?" Albus Wilfric Brian Dumbledore, Harry Potter 7 Part 2 and everything Jack Sparrow says.

"If you're edged 'cause I'm weazin all your grindage, just chill. 'Cause if I had the whole brady bunch thing happenin' at my pad, I'd go grind over there, so dont tax my gig so hard-core cruster."-Stoney

Linksister82

Setterwind
Oh geez, I have about a million on my mind at any given time. I'll just pick one and put it on here. It isn't really well known though.

"Oh no Marnie, it's too dangerous! There are things about vegetables that you just don't understand." - Marnie Cromwell from "Halloweentown"

My favourites are all from the Discworld books by Terry Pratchett they are just soo funny :D

so here is some lines of text from some of the books

"It could be worse," he said by way of farewell. "It could be me."

Picturesque meant - he decided after careful observation of the scenery that inspired Twoflower to use the word - that the landscape was horribly precipitous. Quaint, when used to describe the occasional village through which they passed, meant fever-ridden and tumbledown. Twoflower was a tourist, the first ever seen on the Discworld. Tourist, Rincewind had decided, meant 'idiot'.

I've seen excitement, and I've seen boredom. And boredom was best.

The pen is mightier than the sword ... if the sword is very short, and the pen is very sharp.

Of course I'm sane, when trees start talking to me, I don't talk back.

Ankh-Morpork!
Pearl of cities!
This is not a completely accurate description, of course — it was not round and shiny — but even its worst enemies would agree that if you had to liken Ankh-Morpork to anything, then it might as well be a piece of rubbish covered with the diseased secretions of a dying mollusc.

One reason for the bustle was that over large parts of the continent other people preferred to make money without working at all, and since the Disc had yet to develop a music recording industry they were forced to fall back on older, more traditional forms of banditry.

It was a small village, and wouldn't have shown up on a map of the mountains. It barely showed up on a map of the village.

It would seem that you have no useful skill or talent whatsoever' he said.
'Have you thought of going into teaching?

That's mortals for you, Death continued. They've only got a few years in this world and they spend them all in making things complicated for themselves

It wasn't blood in general he couldn't stand the sight of, it was just his blood in particular that was so upsetting.

Some people think this is paranoia, but it isn't. Paranoids only think everyone is out to get them. Wizards know it.

Seeing, contrary to popular wisdom, isn't believing. It's where belief stops, because it isn't needed any more

Mere animals couldn't possibly manage to act like this. You need to be a human being to be really stupid

'Kiddo? I'll have you know the blood of Pharaohs runs in my veins!'
The other boy looked at him unabashed, with his head on one side and a faint smile on his face.
'Would you like it to stay there?' He said

He nodded to the troll which was employed by the Drum as a splatter [footnote: Like a bouncer, but trolls use more force].

You have the effrontery to be squeamish, it thought at him. But we were dragons. We were supposed to be cruel, cunning, heartless, and terrible. But this much I can tell you, you ape – the great face pressed even closer, so that Wonse was staring into the pitiless depths of his eyes - we never burned and tortured and ripped one another apart and called it morality

The senior wizard in a world of magic had the same prospects of long-term employment as a pogo stick tester in a minefield.

Windle shook his head sadly. Five exclamation marks, the sure sign of an insane mind

Ah, an awesome chance to quote one of my favourite movies to buggery. Can you guess what it is?

Cappa: So if you wake up one morning and it's a particularly beautiful day, you'll know we made it.

Cappa: When a Stellar Bomb is triggered, very little will happen at first -and then a spark, will pop into existance, and it will hang for an instant, hovering in space and then, it will split into two, and those will split again, and again, and again... detonation beyond all imaging - the big bang on a small scale. - a new star born out of a dying one... I think it will be beautiful... No, i'm not scared.

Pinbacker: I am Pinbacker, Commander of the Icarus One. We have abandoned our mission. Our star is dying. All our science. All our hopes, our... our dreams, are foolish! In the face of this, we are dust, nothing more. Unto this dust, we return. When he chooses for us to die, it is not our place to challenge God.

Pinbacker: At the end of time, a moment will come when just one man remains. Then the moment will pass. Man will be gone. There will be nothing to show that we were ever here... but stardust.

(Sunshine 2007 - dir, Danny Boyle) Sunshine Trailer - YouTube nice trailer for you all =]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom