• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Bongo Bongo

I always thought he was a pretty difficult boss. Its been a while since I played OoT, or more specifically fought that boss in the game, but I do remember there being problems with me being able to shoot him in the eye. And also with him hitting the floor and making me bounce up and down caused some trouble with it as well. Considering the pretty simple difficulty of every other boss in the game, I believe Bongo Bongo is one of the more difficult ones. He's not fun/difficult like Twinrova, just more aggravating/difficult.

ShellShocker

adjective spaceman
Cool glad I am not the only one. Just some questions on him. After you hit his hands do you use arrows or spin attack to take him down? Also do you use the lens of truth for the whole battle or just turn it on for the charge?

Myself, I use the spin attack, makes him fall in front of you, and turn it on and off. (Though you can beat him without it judgining from his fists and the fact he 'appears' after you stun him.

For the record he is one of my all time favorite bosses.
Glad someone asked, anyway, this is how I did it:
I wore hover boots for some reason, (I think it was so I wasn't knocked straight off and got hurt by the poison?) and then I grabbed my bow and fires arrows at it's hands, dodging it's attack (or at least trying to), and then when both had been stun, I used the Lens of Truth + Bow to hit him, smacked him with the Biggoron Sword, and then turned off the Lens of Truth, then repeated that process. ^^

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
I've only ever faced Bongo Bongo about 2 or 3 times, but I don't find him that easy. The first time I faced him (her? it?) was brutal, and I died several times. I figure that now, as long as I have a fairy on me, I'm fine.
And I only use the lens after I hit the hands and I'm going for the eye.

Well, on my first try, he was quite easy; I had lots of hearts, lots of arrows, Biggoron Sword, fairies, everything. I don't think I died once. But on me most recent play-through, I was doing the 3-heart challenge, and I had a bit of trouble with him. I died several times (thank goodness I had Farore's Wind; I'd hate having to get back to the boss room that many times), but once I got his attack pattern down, I beat him quite easily. The only problem was that if I missed his big glowing red thing when he was charging at me (I'd decided to just use the sword for that, making it more difficult) it was an automatic death. I messed up a bunch doing that, but I beat it without using any fairies eventually.

So no, he's not nearly as hard as a last dungeon (or second to last dungeon, depending) boss should be. Twinrova should have been harder too.

Amelie

Air Dancer
At first he was really hard for me. One of the harder bosses in the game at first. But after I got better with the bow and figured out what I needed to do he got really really easy. He does take away the hearts though if he does hit you.

I heard that most people found him the hardest boss in the game and even quit playing because they couldn't beat him.

As for me... I found him very challenging the first time through. When I played through it a second time a few years later, I was expecting a rough fight, but I ended up pwning him really hard.

So... I guess he was just hard the first time for me. Morpha was actually the boss that gave me the most trouble my second time through.

H

Hero0fTimeLink

At first when i fought him i thought he was easy but the 2nd time it was incredibly easy to use the bow against his hands and sword swinging his head

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
Well, I finally beat him the night before. I think the boss is more about avoiding the hands' attacks and turning the camera as fast as you can so you can Z-target the hands, then perfectly timing the hit. I came out of there with only 1 out of 3 hearts remaining. Now, I take on the Gerudo's Fortress...

LinkAlmighty

Waker of the Winds
I've always found him to be easy, none of the bosses in OoT really gave me much trouble.

What I do is use the lens on & off, after I get his hands, I let him charge right at me & then shoot him with an arrow when he's infront of me. Then I just unleash the Biggoron Sword on him & after a couple times, he's dead.

He is one of the more difficult bosses in OoT but is still fairly easy.

T

Tappy

I thought Bongo Bongo was actually easy on my first time around but when I decided to do my 3 heart challenge I thought it was exceptionally harder considering any hit from him cost you 3 hearts. There was times in where I would shoo the arrow at the eye but this invisible shield like thing around his hands would stop it and it always caused problems for me to shoot his eye.

Johnny Boy

Doctor JB!
On my first time fighting Bongo-Bongo, I saw a huge resemblance to that of the giant stone guy with 2 floating hands in Super Mario 64 :P. He was incredibly easy to me. The trick is to wear the hover boots so you don't get swatted around like a fly while you are stunned from Bongo-Bongo's hands hitting the drum. The strategy is really quite simple. It takes quite a few hits to kill him though. Just slash as fast as you can once he's on the ground. Different people will say different things about him, because their skill levels or experience vary. All in all, for me, he is an easy boss, even on my first try.

First time through, I died a couple of times. Though once I got used to the pattern, it became a piece of cake.

I liked him though, Bongo Bongo, he was a very unique boss - creepy too in a way.

I wasted all of my two fairies. (From dying)
I always kept getting hurt when shooting the arrow.
I beat him (it?) with two hearts left... I was sweating all over and my heart rate was really, really, fast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom