• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Bongo Bongo

I posted this on the Spirit vs Shadow thread and thought I had to ask.
Is there any one else out there that finds Bongo Bongo incredbly easy. People keep saying he is hard, but he is easy. I find him a no damage (or close to) boss.

I've always found Bongo Bongo to be a rather easy boss; in fact, I've beaten him within a matter of minutes.
First time, I had a slight amount of difficulty, but after that, I was able to defeat Bongo Bongo easily. I found that using the Biggoron's Sword allowed to kill him in a few hits (roughly four or so attacks). Whilst using either Master Sword or Biggoron Sword, I usually loose (that I can remember) only a few hearts.

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
Yeah, this is where I am right now in the Shadow Temple. I can't beat him for an odd reason. In my first run through, I pretty much beat him in around 45 seconds. But, then again, I had a big load of hearts and a few fairies. I now find it difficult, for I have 3 hearts, no fairies, magic cannot be doubled, etc.

bellum

Gamer since age 2
I always thought he was hard. beacause the first few times I played, I stunned both hands and then I didn't use the lens of truth to see him, so I though it was a glitch in the game at first. Now I know how to beat him and I find him rather easy.

ShellShocker

adjective spaceman
On the first fight, it was a little difficult, but now I think I could defeat him without taking damage, he just got me with that stupid charge attack twice on my first little visit. It's actually a pretty easy boss, heck, pretty much all the bosses in Ocarina of Time are easy.

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
I usually don´t have any problems and they go smoothly things, don´t have to lose any hearts at all. But when things start bad in the fight and I get upset, I can actually die, it´s in a way about the rythm I would guess ;)

First time I played OoT I actually thought the boat "cruise" to Bongo Bongo was harder then Bongo Bongo himself :lol:

I found this guy to be brutal the first time I fought him. I didn't use a guide or anything for help, so it took quite a few tries to take him down. But now, after about 6 years and many re-runs through OoT, I can beat him without being hit one single time.

Kybyrian

I don't really think any of the bosses in the game are incredibly hard, but it gets that way when you play it so often. I think that Bongo Bongo was a relatively easy boss to beat, granted it has been a while since I've actually played the game.

Hylian Hobbit

Delightfully Delicious ;P
I've always found Bongo Bongo to be one of the easiest bosses in the game. On my first try, I only lost one heart and beat him in about 40 seconds or so. Maybe it just depends on the person. I've had trouble with some bosses that other people thought were a piece of cake, but said people had trouble with Bongo Bongo.

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
I haven't played OoT for a few years now, but I remember him being very simple to beat. I often state that as long as the boss battles are satisfying in their entertainment value, then it doesn't matter if they're simple, but Bongo Bongo's fight was almost over before it began. So, he was easy, and it was an unsatisfying battle. The two got together to make a fairly weak boss battle in my opinion.

When I first played Ocarina of Time and got to this point in the game, I beat him easily. I played it again about a year ago, and for the life of me I could not beat him. I really couldn't. I brought about 3 fairies with me each time, I thought I did pretty well against him, but every time I could not finish him off. After about 20-30 times of going through the shorter pathway to the room he's in, I finally beat him. I don't know why I couldn't do it that time still. So I guess you could say he's easy, most of the time.

Cool glad I am not the only one. Just some questions on him. After you hit his hands do you use arrows or spin attack to take him down? Also do you use the lens of truth for the whole battle or just turn it on for the charge?

Myself, I use the spin attack, makes him fall in front of you, and turn it on and off. (Though you can beat him without it judgining from his fists and the fact he 'appears' after you stun him.

For the record he is one of my all time favorite bosses.

Cool glad I am not the only one. Just some questions on him. After you hit his hands do you use arrows or spin attack to take him down? Also do you use the lens of truth for the whole battle or just turn it on for the charge?

Myself, I use the spin attack, makes him fall in front of you, and turn it on and off. (Though you can beat him without it judgining from his fists and the fact he 'appears' after you stun him.

Personally, after I've hit his hands, I turn the Lens off so I can use the super-charged spin attacks to hit him. For some reason, if the Lens are still on, you can only do a normal spin attack. I never use the arrows because I want to save them for hitting the hands.

link to present

Four Year ZD Member

You can use the lens of truth for the whole fight but you be wasting magic.:nod:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom