• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Bongo Bongo Oddity

dadude1200

hero of...uh... somthing.
why is it that in the fight with bongo bongo his hands are always visible but in that cut scene when he escapes from the well his hands are invisible?

M

master of loz

Because you have to attack bongo bongo's hands and you can't shoot arrows with the lens of truth on.

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
why is it that in the fight with bongo bongo his hands are always visible but in that cut scene when he escapes from the well his hands are invisible?

You can't see them because Nintendo used the good old "Point Of Vision" trick in that part. Cliched as heck, but effective.

The trick was made popular in films like Jaws, which started out a lot like that. You see things from the point of view of the monster that roams the scene, and I doubt Bongo-Bongo would've looked at his hands.

Was that your question?

P.D. I don't remember the scene very well, though.

Last edited:

skybird11

state alchemist
but you still see bongo bongo's shadow and its not always from its point of view. he wants to know why cant you see the whole creature.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
I think it was Bongo Bongo in a different form. When he made his way back to the Shadow Temple he changed back to his original shape. That's what I always assumed.

Thats what I assumed all this time and with a pretty good reason.

When you kill bongo bongo, It melts away into that same liquidy/shadow substance when it attacked link in kakariko.

Kind of what Cel-Shaded Deku said. The way I see it, when he broke out of the Well, that was just his force, his spirit. When you fought him within the Shadow Temple, Bongo-Bongo fully manifested into a physical form. It wasn't necessarily his true form; he may not have had one, or it could even be true that the shadows themselves, the ones that emerged from the Well, are his true form. Perhaps he simply took physical form when he, a being of shadows, was confronted deep within shadows themselves.

...:P

It's not a question that'll be easy to answer, since we don't really know what Bongo-Bongo is. He's a Phantom Shadow Beast, according to his title, and he's referred to as an evil spirit. But it's unclear if he's a GHOST, or some other type of spirit creature. Either way, we don't know the rules that apply to... whatever he is... so we can only speculate.

Realistically though, it's simply a design choice. It was more epic, scary, and cinematic to be defeated by a disembodied foe, then to chase it down into the dungeon, finally witness its true form, and defeat it.

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time
Kind of what Cel-Shaded Deku said. The way I see it, when he broke out of the Well, that was just his force, his spirit. When you fought him within the Shadow Temple, Bongo-Bongo fully manifested into a physical form. It wasn't necessarily his true form; he may not have had one, or it could even be true that the shadows themselves, the ones that emerged from the Well, are his true form. Perhaps he simply took physical form when he, a being of shadows, was confronted deep within shadows themselves.

...:P

It's not a question that'll be easy to answer, since we don't really know what Bongo-Bongo is. He's a Phantom Shadow Beast, according to his title, and he's referred to as an evil spirit. But it's unclear if he's a GHOST, or some other type of spirit creature. Either way, we don't know the rules that apply to... whatever he is... so we can only speculate.

Realistically though, it's simply a design choice. It was more epic, scary, and cinematic to be defeated by a disembodied foe, then to chase it down into the dungeon, finally witness its true form, and defeat it.

Axle, could it be that Bongo Bongo is a being of the Dark Tribe that plagues the Legend of Zelda often? He's a shadow being and very well could be some ancient manifestation of the Dark Tribe. I know this post probably belongs in the theory section but it was something that I had to bring up. :P

Axle, could it be that Bongo Bongo is a being of the Dark Tribe that plagues the Legend of Zelda often? He's a shadow being and very well could be some ancient manifestation of the Dark Tribe. I know this post probably belongs in the theory section but it was something that I had to bring up. :P
Yeah, he could be. I still maintain that the Sheikah are essentially the Dark Tribe, and people speculate that the man who's house used to stand where the Well is was a Sheikah, AND that he's Bongo Bongo, so it's very easy to draw that connection. Not to mention Bongo Bongo has a single eye, and the flowery sections of his "neck" begin to vaguely resemble the Dark Tribe eye symbol on Agahnim's clothing. No way to prove it of course, but it's an interesting thought. Same theory can be made about the Death Sword in Twilight Princess, but that's a totally different discussion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom