• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Bongo Bongo and the Hover Boots

Owner828

I'm not the muffin man!
To start this off, when you get to the boss in a temple you most likely automatically start thinking how to beat it. Well you think of the item you got in the temple right? Since you got it in there shouldn't it help you defeat the boss? Well that is true for all but one boss, Bongo Bongo. The only two items you need (Need not will help with) are your Bow and Sword. Now I leave out the eye of truth because if you just aim your bow between his fists you stun him. So really why did Nintendo make a boss that you don't need to use the temples item to defeat? It doesn't really affect your game play, but still isn't that a little odd? I don't believe there is a post about this, but correct me if I am wrong.

Blendercat

Riding Suicune
Well, yes, it's not required, but it makes the boss a nightmare(Pun unintended) because, in my experience, I can't get a good second to get a lock-on and draw, pull, and fire the bow.

Big Octo

=^)
Yeah, if you don't have the hover boots and you're locked on to him, once he beats the bongo you fly up and lose the lock-on

MW7

It definitely does set Bongo Bongo apart from the rest of the bosses (although Queen Gohma can be beaten with deku nuts, King Dondongo can be beaten with bomb flowers, Phantom Ganon can be beaten with the hookshot instead of the bow, and I'm pretty sure it's possible but very hard to beat Morpha with just the sword by jumpslashing into the water). I actually like this because many of bosses in the game had very predictable weaknesses in that you just had to use the dungeon item in some way.

D

DrDo0MxPHD

True he is different, but think this way, how could you ever kill sumthing with the hover boots?! BTW u do need them to kill him otherwise everytime he hits his drum you fly and can never get the lock on you need. the items needed to kill this boss are the hover boots, eye of truth, and the bow+arrows.

Justeazy

Todo is the pfuf!
To start this off, when you get to the boss in a temple you most likely automatically start thinking how to beat it. Well you think of the item you got in the temple right? Since you got it in there shouldn't it help you defeat the boss? Well that is true for all but one boss, Bongo Bongo. The only two items you need (Need not will help with) are your Bow and Sword.
Not true. It's completely possible to completely defeat Bongo Bongo with nothing but the Megaton Hammer. I've done it, slowly (the battle took over an hour) and used three fairies in the process, but you need neither the bow nor the sword to defeat him.

O

Ocarina_of_Time

you don't have to use them. People say it makes the battle easier though, while others say the boots make it harder (no friction). I didn't use the boots and got good aim, and killed Bongo Bomgo in about 5 minutes or less

M

magicgfx

I don't think I've ever used them against him, I just used the lens of truth, arrows, jump slash + crouch stab.

Blendercat

Riding Suicune
It definitely does set Bongo Bongo apart from the rest of the bosses (although Queen Gohma can be beaten with deku nuts, King Dondongo can be beaten with bomb flowers, Phantom Ganon can be beaten with the hookshot instead of the bow, and I'm pretty sure it's possible but very hard to beat Morpha with just the sword by jumpslashing into the water). I actually like this because many of bosses in the game had very predictable weaknesses in that you just had to use the dungeon item in some way.
Technically, using bomb flowers is the same as using bombs. Simply a different format, but I think that Nintendo did that so that players who didn't mind a challenge could try different methods. Phantom Ganon was sorta nice because he only used the bow for one phase.

you don't have to use them. People say it makes the battle easier though, while others say the boots make it harder (no friction). I didn't use the boots and got good aim, and killed Bongo Bomgo in about 5 minutes or less
I actually almost never moved during that battle(Except to slash, but then I used a jump attack) but the hover boots do let you get a good lock. While a good choice for people who get frustrated easily, it adds a good challenge.

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
Not true. It's completely possible to completely defeat Bongo Bongo with nothing but the Megaton Hammer. I've done it, slowly (the battle took over an hour) and used three fairies in the process, but you need neither the bow nor the sword to defeat him.

AN HOUR??? Woah! I just don't have the patience to do that!!!

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
I've never lost a lock on with Bongo Bongo due to his drum beating .. I just fire the first arrow at the peak of Link's "jump," land, then lock on the 2nd hand and shoot it. I guess the lock goes away if you land while a hand is Z-targeted?

D

DrDo0MxPHD

How about this?! Im playing OoT right now but im at the fire temple when i get to the shadow temple i have a screen recorder and ill show both sides, ill use the hover boots to stun him once and wont use them to stun him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom