• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Bones in the overworld

We saw in BotW's trailer that there was a giant rib cage-like set of bones sticking out of the sand in the desert (when Link is fighting the skeletal bokos at night)...

In the Switch reveal trailer we see more of these bones in a forest area when Link shoots the gaint moblin.

Do you think there is anything to these bones?

My first thought was the Thunder Dragon in SS who leaves his bones in the present. Then i thought of the likes of Levias who would be big enough to leave bones like that...

But then again there is that giant Stalfos looking creature in the reveal trailer walking across the cliff edge so maybe there are a lot more skeletal enemies in BotW?

Anyway. Do you think these large scattered bones hold any value to the story, do you think they could be Levias or the SS Dragons or some Deity of Zelda (maybe Valoo?) Or are they just there for show. We know there's more than one set of these giant collection of bones in the overworld but are they significant?

Last edited:
I wonder! My favorite theory of yours is that its the Thunder Dragon, since this game is set sometime after SS. All your theories are plausible though. It will be interesting to see if they have any bearing on the story or if they are just there for visual and atmospheric intrigue. I'm trying to recall if significant landmarks like that have been included before without having bearing on the story...

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I dont think these large bones we have seen signify the death of an important character like levias. Instead I think we will be seeing a lot of bones of all shapes and sizes around hyrule. This is 100 years after a great apocalypse and I guess a lot of creatures died before Ganon was finally defeated.

Amy Lu Minati

The Triangle conspiracy
Maybe there were Titans? Or giant members of the Demon Tribe who died. Maybe whatever these were... Were what the Guardians were built to defend against! I sure hope we find out though because the other Zelda games don't have bones this big. (Besides STALLORD who was apparently a criminal)

Night Owl

~Momentai
Sometimes large scattered bones are just large scattered bones.
I think that they are there for effect and not necessarily for anything story related.

My guess is that they are just the remains of some large creature that died during the events that lead up to the game. I'll speculate further once I play and see for myself.

I think that this might give further evidence to the theory that this game is set in hyrule after the great sea has dries up they could possibly be the skeletons of huge sea creatures.

Aku

We saw in BotW's trailer that there was a giant rib cage-like set of bones sticking out of the sand in the desert (when Link is fighting the skeletal bokos at night)...

In the Switch reveal trailer we see more of these bones in a forest area when Link shoots the gaint moblin.

Do you think there is anything to these bones?

But then again there is that giant Stalfos looking creature in the reveal trailer walking across the cliff edge so maybe there are a lot more skeletal enemies in BotW?
I kind of butchered these quotes a little, but I think I have an idea now as to what that thing is that is climbing the mountain. I think it's another giant moblin, only one that died and got reanimated after the flesh rotted off.

If you look at the skull of that giant skeleton, you'll see a small horn about somewhere in the center of the head, and there seems to be the same kind of horn on the head of the living giant moblin. The living moblin appears to be about the right size to be seen from a long ways off, and seeing how both the skeleton and the living moblin have broad chests, stooped bodies, and have arms long enough to walk on, so I'm thinking that this is what it might be.

As to why it's wandering all over the mountain? Here is my theory, and it's a bit dark: Remember in SS how the reanimated moblins needed a reason to reanimate (even if it was for that game's cringy idea of not wanting to part with their goofy underwear)? Well, it might be that it's wandering about looking for the glowing bauble that is around the living giant moblin's neck. The giant moblin either stole it from that (soon to be dead) guy, or took it off his body. The dead guy cannot rest, so if he comes across the guy who stole it, he's going to take it back. This might end up being Link (if Link takes it) or the living giant moblin. The dead Moblin might be defeated for a time, but after a while he'll reanimate, and resume hunting after who-ever has that glowey thing (more then likely it will trail Link once Link takes it.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom