• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Bok's Fantasy Book Mafia

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
You're usually one of the first to call me out when townies are getting lynched
Yeah. If I had a bit more to go off of, I'd have felt better calling you scum. I knew there was scum in ex and minish, but I also couldn't feel confident calling anyone town.

ye he did a good job of being different from the last time I saw him
this was before I even subbed in too

You were pretty obvious town, at least. It's sad that you died before you could get whatever I sent you.

Town Role PMs
I can only attach 10 files so I'll do mafia/third party in a sperate post. Also I got lazy with flavour for the last 4 people on the sign up list since I was rushing to get them out to start.
Hello Mido, you are Tyrion Lannister, The Hand of the King, from A Song of Ice and Fire.

Tyrion.jpg

As one who plays the game of thrones, you can never be sure who is an friend, and who is a foe. All you have are your wits and judgement to determine who to trust and to distribute information to.

Item
  • A golden necklace of linking hands
Skills
Note: All letters will be sent through me, do not communicate with anyone outside of the game thread yourself.
  • Letter 1
    • Send a letter to a player of your choice. The contents of the letter will read "Mido is Town."
    • 1 Shot
    • Blockable
  • Letter 2
    • Send a letter to a player of your choice (player x) and pick a player whos alignment to reveal (player y). The letter will read "Player Y's Alignment is: _____"
    • You will not be able to view the contents of this letter.
    • 1 Shot
    • Blockable
  • Letter 3
    • Write a letter to a player of your choice to be delivered by Bok.
    • 1 Shot
    • Blockable
    • 250 word limit
Win Condition
  • Eliminate all enemy players
Once you have read your role pm remember to confirm in the sign up thread. Do not share any information within this message. Direct any questions to me here, or on discord. Have fun.

Hello Rubik, you are Kvothe, The Artificer, from the Kingkiller Chronicles.

Kvothe.jpg

As a skilled artificer, you are able to give other players several of your inventions. However, you do not know what effect these inventions will have.

Item
  • Lute
Inventions (All 1 shot)
  • A chest with seemingly no seems, latches or openings.(1 shot cop)
  • A object resembling a metal lantern with no holes or openings.(1 shot redirector)
  • A wax doll. (See notes)
Win Condition
Once you have read your role pm remember to confirm in the sign up thread. Do not share any information within this message. Direct any questions to me here, or on discord. Have fun.

Hello Mr. Sooshi, you are Inquistor Sand Dan Glokta, from The First Law.

Glokta.png

While you were once the most skilled swordsman in the unions army, your fortunes took a turn when you were captured by the Gurkish and tortured for two years, leaving you crippled and physically broken. After being released, you became the thing you feared most for those two years. With the help of your praticals, Frost and Severard, you cut treason out from the heart of the union, one finger at a time.

Item
  • Cane
Skills

Severard
  • Select a player, you will be informed of everyone who targeted them that night
  • Two shots (1 shot reamins)
  • Can be blocked
Frost
  • Select one target to interrogate. Find out their alignment as Town of Not Town.
  • 1 shot
  • Blockable

Win Condition

Hello Minish Link, you are Rand al'Thor, The Dragon Reborn from The Wheel of Time.

Rand.jpg

You, the most feared person in human history, are also humankinds only chance of surviving Tarmon Gai'don, the final battle between the light and the shadow. As one of the most powerful channelers of Saidin, as well as a Ta'vern (one who weaves the thread of fate around them rather than be caught up in it's web), you have access to several powerful abilities.

Item
  • Callandor (A crystal sword that is not actually a sword)
Skills
  • Blossoms of Fire
    • Select a target at night to kill.
    • 1 shot
    • Can be blocked
  • Weaves of Air
    • Roleblock a target to prevent them from taking any action
    • 1 shot
    • Can be blocked
  • Ta'vern
    • Select a player. Your target will start the day with one extra anonymous vote on them. This vote will last until the end of the day and cannot be removed once placed.
    • 1 Shot
    • Can be blocked.
    • Will have no effect in mylo/lylo
Win Condition

Hello Libk, you are Dazen Guile, The Prism from Lightbringer.

Dazen.jpg

Item
  • Blinding Knife (A knife made of black and white metals)
Skills
  • Black Luxin (See notes)
    • Nullifies passive effects for the night
    • 1 Shot
    • Can be blocked
  • Blinding Knife
    • Drains target of one ability shot. You can then use this shot any other night.
    • 1 shot
    • Can be blocked
  • Superchromat Vision
    • Target a player to see their held item
    • 1 Shot
    • Can be blocked.
Win Condition

Hello SMS, you are Kaladin Stormblessed, The Windrunner from the Stormlight Archives.

Kaladin.png

As a Knight Radiant of the Windrunner order, you have sworn to protect those who cannot protect themselves.

Item
  • Shardspear
Skills

Stormlight
  • Protect a selected player from kills
  • Can use once per night
  • Cannot target the same player two nights in a row
  • Cannot self target
Win Condition

Hello Chevy, you are Jorg Ancrath, The Prince of Thorns, from The Broken Empire.

jorg.jpg

After your family was murdered in front of you and you thrown in a hook briar, believed to be dead, you left the safe halls of your fathers castle to join a band of murderous brothers on your quest to ascend to the empire throne and subject the Broken Empire under your tyrannous rule. Oh, and you also ate a necromancers heart along the way, transferring some of his powers to you.

Item
  • A handgun
Skills

Necromancy
  • Select a dead player. You will learn all the skills they were capable of AND who they targeted each night.
  • Once per night
  • Blockable
Win Condition

Hello Rag, you are Vin, The Mistborn from Mistborn.

Vin.jpg

Item
  • A bag of regular coins.
Skills
  • Atium
    • Leave the game for the night. All actions targeting you will either fail or miss.
    • 1 Shot
    • Unblockable
  • Follower
    • Learn what action a player performed (informative, killing etc) but not who they targeted.
    • 1 shot
    • Can be blocked
  • Motion Detector
    • Target a player and learn if they used an ability or if they were targeted, but not what the actions were or who was involved.
    • 1 Shot
    • Can be blocked.
Win Condition

Hello Pendio, you are Geralt of Rivia, The Witcher from The Witcher.

Geralt.jpg

Besides being a renowned monster hunter, your superior senses grant you excellent investigative skills. Unfortunately, one look at your medallion and yellow eyes are enough for people to look down on and assume the worst about your character.

Item
  • Two swords
Skills
  • Witcher's Face
    • Alignment checks show up as Not Town
    • Passive
  • Cat Potion
    • Track and player to see who they targeted
    • 1 shot
    • Can be blocked
  • Investigative Ability
    • Select a player. You can learn what was done to them that night (investigated, protected etc) but not who targeted them
    • 2 Shot
    • Can be blocked.
Win Condition

Notes
  • Dazen/Libks "Black Luxin" ability would negate Ishamael/Mikeys ability to be read as town by cops as well as Geralt/Sunfans miller ability. It would also negate Rashek/Eslights chosen Feurchemy for the day (see mafia role pms).
  • Kvothes/Rubiks wax doll worked as so: A voodoo doll given to player x. Player x has 24 hours to pick a target. They can stab it in the first 48 hours of any day. Once stabbed, player x will receive an extra vote on them. Cannot be used to hammer. Cannot be stabbed in mylo/lylo. Can be un-stabbed. Can only be stabbed once.

Last edited:
Mafia Role PMs
Hello Mikey, you are Ishamael, The Betrayer of Hope, from The Wheel of Time.

Ishamael.jpg

While most people joined the shadow for the promise of immortality if the Dark One won, you joined for a logical reason, that if the wheel turns endlessly and the cycle of ages repeats itself, the Dark One will eventually win and the cycle will be broken. You long for your soul to be released from this endless cycle and to be granted the gift of eternal death. Since your reasons are not completely selfish like other followers, you are the Dark Ones most trusted ally and his representative among humankind on earth.

Item
  • Mindtrap (A necklace containing a crystal gemstone encased in wire).
Personal Skills

Balefire
  • Kills and roleblocks target. Death by balefire is final.
  • 1 shot
  • Unblockable
  • Used in place of factional kill
Mirror of Mists
  • Alignment checks appear as Town.
  • Passive
Compulsion
  • Learn the actions of one target(Blockable)
  • Chose which action to use as well as a target(Blockable)
  • 1 shot
Dark Ones Touch
  • Upon dying, you can continue to communicate with your allies, as well as use any remaining skills.
  • Can not use mafia factional kill (Can however use balefire)
  • Can not communicate in the game thread
  • You do not count towards the mafias majority win condition in this state.
Team Skills

Factional Kill
  • Choose one player to kill and a team member who will carry it out.
  • Whoever performs the kill can also use an individual skill
  • You get the final say in who to kill
  • Blockable
Learn Dead Players Role
  • Can see what abilities a dead player was capable of using
  • 3 Shot
  • Use once per cycle.
Win Condition
  • Eliminate enough players so that it is impossible for enemy factions to win.
Your teammates are Exlight and Kirino. Their roles, as well as the discord mafia chat will be accessible after all three of you have confirmed your roles.
Also, are you NoctuneOfShadow on discord? (Reply to this directly to me please)

Hello Exlight, you are Rashek, The Lord Ruler, from Mistborn.

Rashek.png

While most people capable of using investiture on Scadrial are only capable of only Allomancy or Feruchemy, you are a fully fledged Mistborn (capable of buring all allomantic metals) and a Feruchemist.

Item
  • Several metal rings and bracelets
Personal Skills

Feruchemy (Selected during the day)

• During the day phase, select one of the following abilities
    • One skill targets an extra person (cannot be used on killing skills). (Applies to teammates skills as well).
    • Bulletproof (Self)
    • Cop checks read as town (Self)
    • Ninja (Self)
    • Strongman (Self)
  • Whatever is picked during the day will affect your (and possibly your teammates) night abilities.
Allomancy (Used at night)

Copper Cloud
  • Protects target from all investigative actions
  • 1 shot
  • blockable
Atium
  • Leave the game for the night. All actions will miss you, however you cannot use any other actions of perform the factional kill.
  • 1 shot
  • Unblockable
Steelpushing/Ironpulling
  • See what roles were used on a player at night.
  • 1 shot
  • Blockable
Team Skills

Factional Kill
  • Moe gets the final say in who to kill
  • Blockable
Learn Dead Players Role
  • 3 Shot
  • Use once per cycle.
Win Condition
Your teammates are Moe and Kirino. Their roles, as well as the discord mafia chat will be accessible after all three of you have confirmed your roles.

Hello Kirino, you are Bayaz, First of the Magi, from The First Law.

Bayaz.jpg

Item
  • The seed (A small, black, seemingly inconspicuous stone)
Personal Skills

Roleblock
  • Prevents target from using action
  • 2 shot
  • Blockable
Renew
  • Renew one shot of any team members individuals skill (Except Moes balefire).
  • 1 Shot
  • Blockable
Busdrive
  • Choose two players. Any actions targeting either player will target the other instead.
  • 1 shot
  • Blockable

Team Skills

Factional Kill
  • Moe get the final say in who to kill
  • Blockable
Learn Dead Players Role
  • 3 Shot
  • Use once per cycle.
Win Condition
Your teammates are Exlight and Moe. Their roles, as well as the discord mafia chat will be accessible after all three of you have confirmed your roles.

Third Party

Hello Winston, you are Levi, Humanities Strongest Cleanest Soldier, from Attack on Titan.

Levi.jpg

As someone who grew up in the filthy underground before being recruited into the survey corps, you have always longed to have a clean home. Because of this, you are known as a clean freak.

Item
  • Feather Duster
Skills

Broom Giver
  • Select one player per night. They will be given a broom and notified of it. They will however not know what it does or who it was from.
  • Unlimited shot, once per night.
Stomping
  • Stomp on (kill) one (mostly random) player who targets you
  • 1 shot ACTIVE skill (You must say when you want to use this)
  • You can still target a player to give a broom when this is used
  • Protects against kills
  • Kill priority is as follows: Player attempting to kill you -> Broomless player -> Anyone else
Win Condition
  • At any point in the game have half of all living players be in possession of a broom (EXCLUDING yourself).
  • Survive. You can win with either town or mafia.

Last edited:
Night Actions
Night 1
Town
  • Rubik: Kirino Lantern, 1 shot redirector
  • SMS: Protects Mikey
  • Johnny: Watching Chevy
  • Chevy:
  • Minish: Kills Chevy
  • Pen:
  • Libk: Steals a shot of Chevys info gathering
  • Mido: Letter 2 (Johnny target, Mez reveal alignment)
Mafia
  • Ex Feruchemy: Allows one skill to affect two people
  • Ex: Copper cloud on self (protects from investigative actions)
  • Mikey: Compulsion (motivated) on Mido and Tristan
  • Kirino: Roleblock Chevy
  • Kill: Ex kills SMS
Third Party
  • Tristan: Gives Kirino broom
Night 2

Town
  • Rubik: Gives sun the wax doll (Succeed but he’s dead)
  • Johnny: Severard(watcher) on Tristan (Sunfan)
  • Minish: Roleblock Kirino (Succeed)
  • Sunfan: Learns what happens to tristan (Rip son)
  • Legacy: Sends letter to Minish (Compelled, fails)
Mafia
  • Ex Feruchemy: Nothing
  • Ex: Atium (Commuter)
  • Mikey: Compels Legacy to send letter to Rubik
  • Kirino: Redirector, targets Minish (blocked)
  • Kill: Kirino kills Johnny (blocked)
Third Party
  • Tristan: Gives SunFan broom and stomps (Kills sunfan)

Some extra notes on Mikeys "Balefire" ability.

• It would bypass all protection, except for Vins Atium(commuter) ability.
  • If Libk/Dazen stole it with blinding knife and used it against Moe, he would not be able to keep playing as a dead player.
  • Chevy/Jorg would not be able to retrieve the results of a dead player killed by balefire.
  • The mafias factional ability that allowed them to see a dead players role would fail if the target was killed by balefire.
  • I originally had the idea to also undo the targets vote for the day, possibly even changing the outcome of the vote, but holy ****, that was getting too op lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom