• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Bok's Fantasy Book Mafia

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
I'm not even sure if you're pushing for Tristan as Survivor-esque or Serial Killer-esque.

They can't be Survivor-esque because otherwise they would've won already and if they're Serial Killer-esque they seem to be literally our only hope of winning against scum since they're the ones that can recover the gap even if we mislynch. And if he's Serial Killer he has to get rid of Mafia as soon as possible so they don't lynch/shoot him at some point.

So no, Tristan does not seem to be reliant on just surviving and no if he's hostile this isn't about being merciful it's about him having to shoot mafia.

Unless you're aware of some crazy specific wincon but you'd be doxxing yourself as a rolecop here which would just make me raise the biggest of eyebrows.

Votecount 3.5

Kirino
(1) (Legacy of Smiles)
Legacy (1) (Mikey the Moblin)

Not Voting (6) (Rubik, Mellow Ezlo, ExLight, Johnny Sooshi, Morbid Minish, Kirino)

With 8 alive it takes 5 to reach majority. The day ends Saturday, March 27th (today) at 7pm MST. (About 7.5 hours)

Kirino

Tatakae
Then please give me good reasons why you're not a wolf instead of OMGUSing me (and specifically me although I think Minish pressured you harder). I do scumread you now, quite a bit in fact. Approach this like how I'm approaching Mikey right now except my vote isn't locked on you yet. If you're town then starting a thunderdome with me definitely shouldn't be what you're trying to do... because that's what the end result of this conversation is looking like it was going to go before I started making this post!
It's true that Minish pressured me harder, but yours felt more opportunistic and somewhat less reasoned, is my main point. As for reasons I'm not a wolf, I think the fact that everyone but Rubik (who you yourself are also townreading) has expressed a willingness to lynch me is one. There'd definitely be reason for scum to bus me, but given that it's MYLO and the PoE is so narrow, I don't think it'd be so widely and easily risked, especially given that it's still quite uncertain whether I get lynched.
Kirino, let's say I'm town and you're town. Help me work out who the wolves are please.
The remaining players are as follows: Rubik, Kirino, Ex, Johnny, Minish, Tristan, Legacy, Mikey.

If both you and I are town (and Rubik too, since I haven't stopped townreading him), then that only leaves Ex, Johnny, Tristan, Mikey, Minish.

In this case, you're town and are confident that Tristan is third party, so that would leave the remaining potential scum as the following four: Johnny, Ex, Mikey, Minish.

In that case, I'd be most suspicious of Minish, and would have a hard time seeing a scum team without her. By contrast, I'd probably have my strongest town read be on Ex out of those four, mostly for reasons previously stated, and because he's avoided my wagon, which would be easy for him to do as scum. As for Mikey and Johnny, they'd fall somewhere in-between, and might be close to null (my previous town read on Johnny was primarily based on his reception of the letter being legitimate with you as scum, but that obviously changes if you're town.)

Mikey has expressed a willingness to go after both you and me, but interestingly, he just said he'd consider thunderdoming if Johnny became the main wagon, which would make them a likely scum team in this scenario. Likewise, while I'd have to check, I don't think Johnny has expressed much suspicion of Moe, either.

In that case, my main target would still be Minish, but I could also go for either Johnny or Mikey, especially since I think they'd be likely to be paired in this scenario.

you're not listening
noone said anything about not lynching

and as it is right now town loses if Tristan shoots wrong no matter what, I already pointed that out like a dozen pages ago
Well yeah of course we do and I don't think Mellow is going to try to sabotage us but I also don't trust him to help us at all... what's your point?

I'm not even sure if you're pushing for Tristan as Survivor-esque or Serial Killer-esque.

They can't be Survivor-esque because otherwise they would've won already and if they're Serial Killer-esque they seem to be literally our only hope of winning against scum since they're the ones that can recover the gap even if we mislynch. And if he's Serial Killer he has to get rid of Mafia as soon as possible so they don't lynch/shoot him at some point.

So no, Tristan does not seem to be reliant on just surviving and no if he's hostile this isn't about being merciful it's about him having to shoot mafia.

Unless you're aware of some crazy specific wincon but you'd be doxxing yourself as a rolecop here which would just make me raise the biggest of eyebrows.
Well there are reasons to believe that Mellow is a survivor and reasons to believe that he is a SK and I'm not sure what he is but we should account for anything that makes sense.

It's true that Minish pressured me harder, but yours felt more opportunistic and somewhat less reasoned, is my main point. As for reasons I'm not a wolf, I think the fact that everyone but Rubik (who you yourself are also townreading) has expressed a willingness to lynch me is one. There'd definitely be reason for scum to bus me, but given that it's MYLO and the PoE is so narrow, I don't think it'd be so widely and easily risked, especially given that it's still quite uncertain whether I get lynched.

The remaining players are as follows: Rubik, Kirino, Ex, Johnny, Minish, Tristan, Legacy, Mikey.

If both you and I are town (and Rubik too, since I haven't stopped townreading him), then that only leaves Ex, Johnny, Tristan, Mikey, Minish.

In this case, you're town and are confident that Tristan is third party, so that would leave the remaining potential scum as the following four: Johnny, Ex, Mikey, Minish.

In that case, I'd be most suspicious of Minish, and would have a hard time seeing a scum team without her. By contrast, I'd probably have my strongest town read be on Ex out of those four, mostly for reasons previously stated, and because he's avoided my wagon, which would be easy for him to do as scum. As for Mikey and Johnny, they'd fall somewhere in-between, and might be close to null (my previous town read on Johnny was primarily based on his reception of the letter being legitimate with you as scum, but that obviously changes if you're town.)

Mikey has expressed a willingness to go after both you and me, but interestingly, he just said he'd consider thunderdoming if Johnny became the main wagon, which would make them a likely scum team in this scenario. Likewise, while I'd have to check, I don't think Johnny has expressed much suspicion of Moe, either.

In that case, my main target would still be Minish, but I could also go for either Johnny or Mikey, especially since I think they'd be likely to be paired in this scenario.
Thanks!

If almost everyone is willing to vote you then the real people who are being opportunistic (if you're town) are probably the less vocal ones who are letting me (and Minish possibly) take the heat for pushing you but are still willing to vote you. That's how I played with Ex last game when I was a wolf... let him push wagons I wanted and then he got the flak from it while I was widely townread.

I could probably be persuaded to vote Johnny instead of you today. In my mind, having you and Johnny as the two wagons would be ideal to me at the moment.

Kirino

Tatakae
If almost everyone is willing to vote you then the real people who are being opportunistic (if you're town) are probably the less vocal ones who are letting me (and Minish possibly) take the heat for pushing you but are still willing to vote you.
I could definitely imagine this, although it's probably less pertinent given that it's MYLO, as scum wouldn't be able to take much heat after my flip since they'd win; that's why I'm willing to believe that they'd be more bold now. If you are town, then I hope you can take the constructive criticism that your suspicion on me could've at least been better explained, since the awkward suddenness and lack of a real explanation are largely what's led me into this scum read on you in particular.

Thinking about it, I'm also finding it increasingly unlikely that both you and Minish are scum, mostly just because it'd seem too brazen of a play: if Minish were scum, I'd expect you to be more hesitant before immediately jumping onto me, and to at least feel the waters over how likely it would be to go down, since you'd hardly be able to lynch me without town support. If Minish is town, by contrast, you'd likely feel a lot more confident with a townie by your side, and so I could see that level of brazenness from scum during MYLO.

If Minish is scum, then I think Johnny and Mikey are just always her scumbuds. Ex is still possible, but pretty dubious, imo. In that case, I could be willing to go for either Johnny or Mikey as a potential alternative wagon, since they'd be about as likely to catch scum as a Minish vote would. But I'm doubting that Johnny (or Mikey) would be scumbuds with you, which makes me hesitant, and I'm also a little concerned about being pocketed here. Ultimately, I'm fairly uncertain about all of this except that I think one of you or Minish is very likely to be scum.

Would anybody be actively opposed between choosing to vote between Kirino and Johnny
I could definitely imagine this, although it's probably less pertinent given that it's MYLO, as scum wouldn't be able to take much heat after my flip since they'd win; that's why I'm willing to believe that they'd be more bold now. If you are town, then I hope you can take the constructive criticism that your suspicion on me could've at least been better explained, since the awkward suddenness and lack of a real explanation are largely what's led me into this scum read on you in particular.

Thinking about it, I'm also finding it increasingly unlikely that both you and Minish are scum, mostly just because it'd seem too brazen of a play: if Minish were scum, I'd expect you to be more hesitant before immediately jumping onto me, and to at least feel the waters over how likely it would be to go down, since you'd hardly be able to lynch me without town support. If Minish is town, by contrast, you'd likely feel a lot more confident with a townie by your side, and so I could see that level of brazenness from scum during MYLO.

If Minish is scum, then I think Johnny and Mikey are just always her scumbuds. Ex is still possible, but pretty dubious, imo. In that case, I could be willing to go for either Johnny or Mikey as a potential alternative wagon, since they'd be about as likely to catch scum as a Minish vote would. But I'm doubting that Johnny (or Mikey) would be scumbuds with you, which makes me hesitant, and I'm also a little concerned about being pocketed here. Ultimately, I'm fairly uncertain about all of this except that I think one of you or Minish is very likely to be scum.
Criticism taken, I sort of forgot to explain earlier sorry. It's a fairly common thing to do on MU and I forget it isn't here.

Ok so think of it this way: you know from your pov that you're town. Let's assume I'm scum.

Johnny/Minish/Mikey - You said they are probably not my scumbuddies.
Ex/Rubik - I believe you at least somewhat townread these two.
Mellow

So doesn't that not make sense? Who are my teammates here? Gotta be Mellow surely... but then got to also be somebody you townread or don't think is my partner?

My town playstyle sometimes comes off as (and in some ways, I suppose, is) pockety because I want to try to talk properly with everyone.

Better vibes on Kirino, reconsidering.

Unvote

Would anybody be actively opposed between choosing to vote between Kirino and Johnny

Criticism taken, I sort of forgot to explain earlier sorry. It's a fairly common thing to do on MU and I forget it isn't here.

Ok so think of it this way: you know from your pov that you're town. Let's assume I'm scum.

Johnny/Minish/Mikey - You said they are probably not my scumbuddies.
Ex/Rubik - I believe you at least somewhat townread these two.
Mellow

So doesn't that not make sense? Who are my teammates here? Gotta be Mellow surely... but then got to also be somebody you townread or don't think is my partner?
So to explain my point... I think you've sort of just come to the conclusion that my interactions with everyone from my perspective have spewed me town here? I mean admittedly you don't strongly TR Ex so me/Mellow/Ex as the scum is possible but that's such an ehh team.

Looking back, Mikey saying he is willing to vote Johnny but then saying he wants to thunderdome is Johnny is the wagon is incredibly scummy and I don't know how I missed that. Mikey, what were you thinking there please?

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
I'm pretty occupied for the rest of the day, but I'll try to get a vote in before deadline because it's probably an autoloss otherwise.

Kirino

Tatakae
It’d definitely have to be you and Mellow, at least. As for the third, I was thinking Ex, as he’s been cooperating with you and has also defended Tristan, so this seems like a viable scum team to me, even if my town lean on him is a point against it.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Day 1 Vote Count 1

ExLight
(3) (Kirino, Libk, Rag)
Mikey the Moeblin (2) (Chevy, Johnny)
Rubik (1) (Minish)
Morbid Minish (1) (Ex)
Pen (1) (Mido) waves to Mido
Ragnarokio (1) (Rube)

Day 1 Vote Count 2

ExLight (3) (Kirino, Libk, Rag)
Mikey (2) (Johnny, Chevy)
Ragnarokio (2) (Rubik, Pen)
Rubik (1) (Minish)
Pen (1) (Mido)
Chevy (1) (Mikey)
Libk (1) (ExLight)

Day 1 Vote Count 3

Ragnarokio (3) (Rubik, Pen, Minish)
ExLight (2) (Kirino, Rag)
Libk (2) (ExLight, Johnny)
Pen (1) (Mido)
Mez (1) (Chevy)

Day 1 Vote Count 4

Ragnarokio (4) (Rubik, Pen, Minish, mikey)
Libk (3) (ExLight, Johnny, rag)
ExLight (1) (Kirino)
Pen (1) (Mido)
Mez (1) (Chevy)

Day 1 Vote Count 5

Ragnarokio (6) (Rubik, Pen, Minish, SMS, Chevy, Kirino)
Chevy (3) (Mikey, Johnny, libk)
Libk (2) (ExLight, rag)
Pen (2) (Mido, Mez)

Vote Count 1.6

Ragnarokio
(5) (Rubik, Pen, Minish, Chevy, Kirino)
Chevy (5) (Mikey, Johnny, libk, SMS, rag)
Pen (2) (Mido, Mez)
Libk (1) (ExLight)

Ragnarokio (5) (Rubik, Pen, Minish, Chevy, Kirino)
Chevy (5) (Mikey, Johnny, libk, SMS, rag)
Pen (2) (Mido, Mez)
Libk (1) (ExLight)

Vote Count 2.1

The Sun Fan
(1) (Mellow Ezlo)
Rubik (1) Mikey

Vote Count 2.2

The Sun Fan
(2) (Mellow Ezlo, ExLight)
Rubik (2) (Mikey, Libk,

Vote Count 2.3

Rubik
(2) (Mikey, Libk)
The Sun Fan (1) (ExLight)
Mellow Ezlo (1) (Sunsun)

Vote Count 2.4

Rubik
(2) (Mikey, Libk)
Mellow Ezlo (2) (The Sun Fan, Rubik)

Vote Count 2.5

Rubik
(2) (Mikey, Libk)
Libk (1) Johnny Sooshi,

Vote Count 2.6

Rubik
(2) (Mikey, Libk)
Libk (2) (Johnny Sooshi, Legacy of Smiles)

Libk (3) (Johnny Sooshi, Legacy of Smiles, Exlight)
Mellow Ezlo (3) (The Sun Fan, Rubik, Kirino)
Rubik
(2) (Mikey, Libk)

I have to go get ready but wanted to have this to look at for later.
[/QUOTE]

Okay, Mikey and Rubik are never scum together. And Mikey and Legacy are never scum together.

So for Mikey to be scum it would have to be with Ex/Kirino/Johnny/Tristan. I think in a world where Mikey is scum it's with Ex (who he's been hard town reading) and probably Kirino. He's the only one I can really read into this way because he doesn't bus like that.

D1 ended with all town wagons which doesn't tell us much. On Rag we know Pen and Chevy were town. Which leaves Rubik, me, and Kirino. On Chevy Libk, SMS, and Rag were town leaving Mikey and Johnny. Pen had Mido (Legacy) and Tristan. If we go with the assumption that Tristan is 3rd party that leaves Legacy. And Ex on Libk. I know I'm town on the Rag vote and I think Rubik is just town here so that leaves Kirino. Of Mikey and Johnny I've town read Mikey more but I'm becoming more paranoid of him. I feel like scum probably spread themselves out across all town wagons so maybe Johnny/Mikey isn't a pair.

D2 was one known town wagon, and two unknown. Let's assume Tristan is 3rd party here so that leaves town/3rd party/unknown. We know none of the alignments on the town wagon. 3rd party had one known town. And the unknown had one known town. I don't think all scum vote Libk there so a Johnny/Legacy/Ex team is unlikely. I feel like one scum would probably be on Tristan so that leaves Rubik and Kirino. And then just Mikey on Rubik.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom