• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Bok's Fantasy Book Mafia

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
I'M NOT SAYING IT'S A SPECIFIC FRAMER THAT CAN ONLY TARGET A SPECIFIC INVESTIGATIVE ROLE. IT'S MOST LIKELY A BLANKET USE ABILITY AND THEY SEEM TO HAVE GOTTEN A HIT ON THAT ROLE.
so you think we have a messenger cop with multiple uses plus usual alignment cop? unless you believe that you’re straight up saying the framer role was made just for that

If you think it disrupts literally all sorts of investigative abilities I already pointed out this is absurd because it implies a ridiculous amount of interactions that are unpredictable and unlikely to be in the game

and how would the disruption even happen? do you think Sun was framed or do you think the investigative role was meddled directly?

This actually brings up another problem which is the priority of actions. Should both the frame and the check go through on someone who died? From my experience non-tracker variant investigative roles have their priority to happen after night kills

If it was you, instead if me yesterday, who had learned that Tristan was "neither town nor scum" what would you have done yesterday, and then said today, learning Rub's shared info?
If I had received a letter saying tristan isn’t town I would’ve said I have good reason to believe he’s not town without further explanation and lynch him on the spot to verify if this sort of information is trustworthy to avoid this scenario we’re in right now

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
it’s pretty clear to me both messages shouldn’t be trusted blindly at this point

tristan is the only viable lynch today and I see no excuses to not do it

worst case scenario the first letter is real and he’s indept who is causing MyLo to happen earlier and (arguably) best case scenario the first letter is a lie which prolly implies tristan is scum who fake claimed 3p after sending a letter as some sort of alibi to get away with it

it’s pretty clear to me both messages shouldn’t be trusted blindly at this point

tristan is the only viable lynch today and I see no excuses to not do it

worst case scenario the first letter is real and he’s indept who is causing MyLo to happen earlier and (arguably) best case scenario the first letter is a lie which prolly implies tristan is scum who fake claimed 3p after sending a letter as some sort of alibi to get away with it
If we chop Mellow today we autolose. This is MyLo (F8) and we will move to 6 players if they die. That's parity for the scum.

I buy heavily into Mellow being 3p. Can probably explain more on this but we never kill them today. Vig them if you need to.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Yeah I dunno why Ex thinks a sabotaging role would only interact with the messages role. Seems like it interacts with anything. And tbh I could see a role like that because in one of the series used there is an evil chick who can basically mind control people.

Also Legacy's insistence that he wouldn't clear anyone here as scum is funny. Because after the last game we played together he mentioned that that's a thing he does as scum (clears town). Like yeah it's mylo but outing information that someone already outed isn't much, and Rubik wasn't even top lynch for today.

Anyways all this info speculation is honestly close to breaking the rules so could people tone it down a little? I don't want to lose because of modkills.

Right now if Tristan is mafia then that means Johnny is very likely mafia. The inverse isn't necessarily true though. The whole questioning what alignment Tristan was and Tristan actually claiming 3rd party felt odd but I honestly don't know. Just kind of want to believe Tristan there.

Mikey has felt pretty townie to me. He actually feels like he's putting in the effort to hunt, rather than just pushing stuff. I'll probably ISO him again at some point though. I feel like the only way sunfan was a mafia kill is if Mikey is scum, but like I'm not worried about that at the moment.

Ex honestly hasn't felt super townie to me. I feel like he hasn't felt like he's actually scumhunting. There's also the whole back and forth I had with him d2. But I also have a theory that matches up with certain things that makes me think he's maybe just town. Not certain by any means though.

Rubik doesn't feel like he's playing his scum game but his town game can be frustrating at times. The nonchalant, low effort attitude fits his town play. Also kinda think if he were scum I would have been killed n1.

Legacy I still have to see a bit more on. He went under the radar and was town read by everyone when he replaced in as scum in the previous game I played with him. And his arguement to Rubik has me a little hmm because of that.

And I've already said my thoughts on Kirino. I'll ISO him later and see if anything else sticks out now. But I just got Kirino scum vibes from last eod.

Yeah I dunno why Ex thinks a sabotaging role would only interact with the messages role. Seems like it interacts with anything. And tbh I could see a role like that because in one of the series used there is an evil chick who can basically mind control people.

Also Legacy's insistence that he wouldn't clear anyone here as scum is funny. Because after the last game we played together he mentioned that that's a thing he does as scum (clears town). Like yeah it's mylo but outing information that someone already outed isn't much, and Rubik wasn't even top lynch for today.

Anyways all this info speculation is honestly close to breaking the rules so could people tone it down a little? I don't want to lose because of modkills.

Right now if Tristan is mafia then that means Johnny is very likely mafia. The inverse isn't necessarily true though. The whole questioning what alignment Tristan was and Tristan actually claiming 3rd party felt odd but I honestly don't know. Just kind of want to believe Tristan there.

Mikey has felt pretty townie to me. He actually feels like he's putting in the effort to hunt, rather than just pushing stuff. I'll probably ISO him again at some point though. I feel like the only way sunfan was a mafia kill is if Mikey is scum, but like I'm not worried about that at the moment.

Ex honestly hasn't felt super townie to me. I feel like he hasn't felt like he's actually scumhunting. There's also the whole back and forth I had with him d2. But I also have a theory that matches up with certain things that makes me think he's maybe just town. Not certain by any means though.

Rubik doesn't feel like he's playing his scum game but his town game can be frustrating at times. The nonchalant, low effort attitude fits his town play. Also kinda think if he were scum I would have been killed n1.

Legacy I still have to see a bit more on. He went under the radar and was town read by everyone when he replaced in as scum in the previous game I played with him. And his arguement to Rubik has me a little hmm because of that.

And I've already said my thoughts on Kirino. I'll ISO him later and see if anything else sticks out now. But I just got Kirino scum vibes from last eod.
Town clearing people as scum early in a 21 player game is great for looking towny. Town clearing people as scum in F7 is how you lose the game, no matter how much cred you get for it.

3 wolves in this list:

Morbid Minish
Mikey the Moblin
ExLight
Johnny Sooshi
Kirino

Now I'm working on finding out who.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
Redirect them? Like it's not entirely insane. It could be like a framer/redirector in one role.
redirect the investigative or the framed?

Town clearing people as scum early in a 21 player game is great for looking towny. Town clearing people as scum in F7 is how you lose the game, no matter how much cred you get for it.
I actually disagree
if the person townclearing is being townread (which is likely to happen because townclearing helps pocketing) then they just need one person to misvote with them and it’s game
which is why I’m bothered by rubik

redirect the investigative or the framed?

I actually disagree
if the person townclearing is being townread (which is likely to happen because townclearing helps pocketing) then they just need one person to misvote with them and it’s game
which is why I’m bothered by rubik
I did not sub into a slot that could pull that off effectively. As a wolf in this game, I just go under the radar, kill somebody with meta on me, and draw very little attention to myself. Not to be arrogant but I would almost always win this game by playing that way unless literally the entire PoE are wolves.

In what crazy world does would-be attempt to lock clear both counterwagons from yesterday AND draw attention in the process?

Kirino

Tatakae
I’ve slept through most of the phase so far and am at work now. I’ll try to post during break, but won’t really be active until I get home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom