• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Bok's Fantasy Book Mafia

ok, I'll be real.
I'm not going to be able to really catch up or do much today, at least I don't think I will.

When does the phase end? Soon? Tomorrow? Wednesday?

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
Current read list.

1. Rubik - scum leaning
  2. Mellow Ezlo - Town Leaning
  3. Mikey the Moblin - Slight scum
  4. ExLight - slight scum
  5. Johnny Sooshi - null
  6. Morbid Minish - slight town
  7. Pen The Sun Fan - null
  8. Libk - Town
  9. Kirino - town leaning
  10. Mido - Town leaning
I'll explain these in a moment. But I want to address a couple of things first.

Libk is a scumlean mainly because of the RVS vote after real discussion had started and disappearing until EoD. If I had not called him out and tried to make a counterwagon I feel like he could've successfully pushed for my mislynch by doing something akin to what Rubik/Pen did to Rag.
Only thing I can really say to this is, sorry for my first post of the day being a joke post? That seems pretty normal to me. I think the fact that I, one, removed my vote on you, and two, called out others for leaving their joke votes is honestly a pretty good thing if I were looking at me from the perspective of another player. I don't see a world in which I would leave a joke vote until end of day, especially as town.
I’m don’t particularly like Libk’s vote on Chevy, looking back. Initially, he actually town read Chevy around the same time as his Rag vote, saying he liked the way he was playing. Once he saw Chevy’s vote, however, he updated his post to reverse this and instead voted for him. I think it had the least basis of the Chevy votes last EoD, as the other two had at least suspected/pressured him, whereas Libk reversed his read based on what I thought was a weak justification. At the start of today, moreover, Libk said he was “not too surprised” at Chevy flipping town, which makes his vote look even more dubious. The whole situation ends up seeming somewhat lazy and contrived on his part.

Otherwise, his suspicions against me and Johnny were largely based on OMGUS, which, to be fair, was also the case with his suspicion of Moe last game, where he was town. He also voiced slight suspicions on Mido and Pendio for inactivity, somewhat ironically.

As far as my vote on Chevy, and lack of surprise, it's as I explained in my post coming back to the day phase day one. Chevy just didn't seem like scum to me in general, however putting Rag to L-1 like that was highly suspicious and I felt that was the proper vote for the day for me. Chevy making his sudden Rag vote happened while I was posting and I wanted to get more info in based on what had happened. I left that in my post with my reads list and made the note at the end of the post so you all could see my thought process as I was typing out my reads. It's clear that I updated the thread before posting, and had plenty of time to remove and change my read of Chevy before I made the post and I didn't. I wanted my thoughts to be seen as they happened.

Imo my thoughts on you and Johnny aren't really omgus, I just found it odd you weren't committed to a vote, at least until you voted Rag iirc but I have to look back at that.

On to reads, starting with nulls. Johnny Sooshi and sun fan, Johnny I just can't get down right now. I need to reread his posts and will probably do so soon. Sun Fan, nothing yet and while they basically said they won't really have content today(amd that's honestly concerning) I just don't have anything to go off of except for Pen keeping his RVS. If Pen didn't sub out, this would be a scum lean.

Mellow and Kirino seem to be genuinely scumhunting(even though they both are slightly sus of me) and I like what I've seen from them so far. I actually agree that it's probably good to sus me for activity. I don't think Mez has posted too much and all posts so far seem good from me so I'm not worried about me trying to lead as scum atm. Kirino has less posts but as I said, they seem to be hunting posts and I like that here.

Morbid and Mido, I liked Morbid day one, by the end of the day,, I liked the few posts we got from Mido day one. I am a little worried about Morbid and Mido both though because of activity, and Morbid specifically I'm used to seeing much more from. I want to see more from them but feel good about them for now.

Mikey and Exlight are slightly in scum direction. I feel one of them could flip for me at any moment but so far this gameplay from Mikey seems really familiar, not just from jojo but the game I just ran as well. More so this day phase, Mikey seems to have an attitude of giving up, and that's what flipped me from my read on Mikey yesterday. With Ex, honestly it comes from the sudden push for me. It seems opportunistic to me, possibly an easy mislynch for scum to push. I think the argument against me there is pretty weak but I've explained why above.

Rubik has done basically nothing this game though and it's kind of annoying. Funnily enough, I also went to Ikea this weekend and while I didn't celebrate a birthday I am at least catching up, something I would hope someone more active than I could do. At least a reads list. Something. I also feel the interaction at the beginning of the day does not clear Rubik at all and I'm afraid it's potentially some sheeping. I know we can't ask them for more info, but I really am suspicious of Rubik the most.

Vote: Rubik

I don't think you're clear yet at all, despite Kirino feeling good about you and to me it just seems you're trying to "ride your clear" to victory, so to speak.

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
I’m don’t particularly like Libk’s vote on Chevy, looking back. Initially, he actually town read Chevy around the same time as his Rag vote, saying he liked the way he was playing. Once he saw Chevy’s vote, however, he updated his post to reverse this and instead voted for him. I think it had the least basis of the Chevy votes last EoD, as the other two had at least suspected/pressured him, whereas Libk reversed his read based on what I thought was a weak justification. At the start of today, moreover, Libk said he was “not too surprised” at Chevy flipping town, which makes his vote look even more dubious. The whole situation ends up seeming somewhat lazy and contrived on his part.
+1 to this

Mikey the Moblin

I actually really like this response. I may flip my opinions on Libk and Kirino because of this, but I'll double check their posts first. That said, there absolutely is a world where you both are scum. I'm not insinuating that you were looking for an excuse to kill Rag, more so that it seemed somewhat convenient for a wolf to do, and thus you're potentially a wolf. But for scum to push a specific kill rather than go with the flow on D1 is something that would look scummy, and I don't usually get that from your meta, so that is an argument in favor of town leaning you.

I'll take some more time on this one.
mindmelding so hard with johnny, gotta be town this game

what universe are we in

Mikey the Moblin

Mikey and Exlight are slightly in scum direction. I feel one of them could flip for me at any moment but so far this gameplay from Mikey seems really familiar, not just from jojo but the game I just ran as well. More so this day phase, Mikey seems to have an attitude of giving up, and that's what flipped me from my read on Mikey yesterday. With Ex, honestly it comes from the sudden push for me. It seems opportunistic to me, possibly an easy mislynch for scum to push. I think the argument against me there is pretty weak but I've explained why above.
I don't plan on giving up
ex just really hit me in a sore area and I lost my temper

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Softclaiming the way Rubik did seems pretty bold in a no-claim game. I want to feel like scum would be more careful and townread him for that but it's admittedly weak reasoning.

Vote Count 2.2

The Sun Fan
(2) (Mellow Ezlo, ExLight)
Rubik (2) (Mikey, Libk,

Not Voting: (6) Rubik,, Johnny Sooshi, Morbid Minish, The Sun Fan, Kirino, Mido

With 10 alive it takes 6 to reach the majority. The day ends Tuesday March 23rd at 10pm MST.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
I don't like these wagons.

Feels like opportunism against slots with low engagement because they're easy lynches that aren't likely to defend themselves well in a timely manner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom