• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Bok's Fantasy Book Mafia

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
ExLight
Mellow Ezlo
Mido
Kirino

Mikey the Moblin
Morbid Minish
Johnny Sooshi
Libk
Rubik

Pen/TheSunFan

Ok, so Tristan is towncore to me due to the sheer amount of dedication he's been putting in this game. They've been putting out quality content with good insights. They've been taking multiple instances and have been proactively poking around, which is great. So far he's been townleading and I feel like it's probably one of the best players to do so.

Kirino and Mido are townleans but it's nothing too insanely strong. I feel like both had good posts that contributed to the discussion in some way. They both kinda have the same spacing out feeling going on around them which I feel like is holding them back, I'd kinda like to see more activity from them in the form of maybe scumhunting or sharing original thoughts/reads.

Moe is annoying, NAI, null; all over the place and a pain to analyze in-thread, would prefer a mechanical solve if possible to save us from the stress.
Minish has me getting mixed feelings, I guess her not being around after SMS made his ISO on Rag makes sense so I don't know if I have anything to go on other than gut feeling? Null too, I guess.
I had Johnny above Moe before but after realizing he was throwing shade at Tristan rather than Moe it kinda made me drop him a bit lol, I usually have a hard time reading him since his aggressive playstyle comes off as scummy to me a ton. I had a theory in mind but the way they worded it kinda shot it down? I'm not sure what to think of this slot.

Libk is a scumlean mainly because of the RVS vote after real discussion had started and disappearing until EoD. If I had not called him out and tried to make a counterwagon I feel like he could've successfully pushed for my mislynch by doing something akin to what Rubik/Pen did to Rag.

WHICH brings me to the reason why they're at the bottom of my list yeet. Two RVS votes that were never moved and lack of participation in the thread overall. Rubik being slightly above Pen/Sunfan because of toDay's interaction with Kirino that suggests they know something we don't. This might kinda tie both (Rubik and Kirino) together in a few ways depending on what might've happened. I can only think of something that might be an instaclear for both but I really doubt it's the case. In any case I'm looking forward some thoughts from TheSunFan to maybe breathe some fresh air into the thread and maybe help sort stuff out in my reads.
How do you have kirino as a town lean and then have me a scum lean despite him largely clearing me?

I've been celebrating my birthday with my dad, furniture shopping at IKEA, and watching anime with my brother over the weekend and forgot to check into the game.

Also, how is Mido your third most town rated player?

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
catch up please
Weird request, but sure:

0001300000115_1_A1C1_1200.png

Okay, I'll try to get caught up.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
How do you have kirino as a town lean and then have me a scum lean despite him largely clearing me?
I cannot think of anything that mechanically townclears you that requires you to take the initiative of step forward to prod his reaction. Most of them might make you look good but are ambiguous at best. I’d prefer not to dwell much on this since the host already called out to it being close of becoming a modkill, though.

I’m going based on what I’m seeing in-thread, whatever happens during the night is WIFOM when brought here because we can’t properly discuss it. I know it was your birthday but I still do not like the fact you left your RVS vote there and didn’t take sides on any major discussion, and I find highly likely that at least one of the players that had a similar attitude (You/Pen/Libk) is likely scum.

As for Mido, I don’t see why not? It’s just a lean and I have to take a position on some players since I already have a bunch of nulls. I liked his entrance in the game and despite it dying out to what seemed like lack of motivation I feel like he has less ambiguity on his posts than most players. I still want to see his reads and thoughts, but as of right now he doesn’t strike me as scummy in any way.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
I cannot think of anything that mechanically townclears you that requires you to take the initiative of step forward to prod his reaction. Most of them might make you look good but are ambiguous at best. I’d prefer not to dwell much on this since the host already called out to it being close of becoming a modkill, though.

I’m going based on what I’m seeing in-thread, whatever happens during the night is WIFOM when brought here because we can’t properly discuss it. I know it was your birthday but I still do not like the fact you left your RVS vote there and didn’t take sides on any major discussion, and I find highly likely that at least one of the players that had a similar attitude (You/Pen/Libk) is likely scum.

As for Mido, I don’t see why not? It’s just a lean and I have to take a position on some players since I already have a bunch of nulls. I liked his entrance in the game and despite it dying out to what seemed like lack of motivation I feel like he has less ambiguity on his posts than most players. I still want to see his reads and thoughts, but as of right now he doesn’t strike me as scummy in any way.
I thought rag was a good wagon.

I saw no reason to remove my vote.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
wait this was throwing shade at Tristan
I kinda dislike this
If Tristan had said he was going to follow his meta when reading someone he would've been quite the hypocrite so I feel like this joke post actually puts him between a rock and a hard place because if he says he won't use the meta Johnny hounds him down and if he uses meta he also gets hounded down so it seems like an easy post to cling on?
???
All I said was it was weird to make that a bit when it's clear everyone has a meta to a degree. Tristan intentionally called it out like it was something that was an issue when we all know Mikey makes these blanket statements. I just thought it was a weird home idk

Ok, so Tristan is towncore to me due to the sheer amount of dedication he's been putting in this game. They've been putting out quality content with good insights. They've been taking multiple instances and have been proactively poking around, which is great. So far he's been townleading and I feel like it's probably one of the best players to do so.
I'm gonna disagree here. It's plenty easy to find town leads, but wolf town leads aren't exactly uncommon, not are they difficult roles to assume. Having knowledge of who's town and who's scum makes it easy to paint someone as good or bad when you're scum or sk. Tristan has come in with good posts, yes, but I still get a vibe that I don't like necessarily.

Kirino and Mido are townleans but it's nothing too insanely strong. I feel like both had good posts that contributed to the discussion in some way. They both kinda have the same spacing out feeling going on around them which I feel like is holding them back, I'd kinda like to see more activity from them in the form of maybe scumhunting or sharing original thoughts/reads.
I disagree again. Kirino feels opportunistic, hopping on the Rag wagon when he said he might rather PL Chevy. That's not amazing basis, but the wagon already had 4 votes, with 2 RVs, and Kirino genuinely thought backing a skewed lynch was a good idea.

Mido is pretty radio silent, with some barebones reads. Nothing stands out especially scummy, but he's done nothing to look as townie as you have him. I get that it's a slight town lean, but on as little info as there is, null would sit better with me.

Moe is annoying, NAI, null; all over the place and a pain to analyze in-thread, would prefer a mechanical solve if possible to save us from the stress.
Minish has me getting mixed feelings, I guess her not being around after SMS made his ISO on Rag makes sense so I don't know if I have anything to go on other than gut feeling? Null too, I guess.
I had Johnny above Moe before but after realizing he was throwing shade at Tristan rather than Moe it kinda made me drop him a bit lol, I usually have a hard time reading him since his aggressive playstyle comes off as scummy to me a ton. I had a theory in mind but the way they worded it kinda shot it down? I'm not sure what to think of this slot.
Curious about said theory, for the sake of transparency. Regardless, I'd kinda agree on Mikey. I did like how quickly he moved on Chevy, but smart wolves will do that, so I won't clear him solely on that. Min is kinda the same as Kirino to me. She moved on a wagon with 2 rvs. I get she had her reasons for it, but it still looks bad picture wise imo.

Libk is a scumlean mainly because of the RVS vote after real discussion had started and disappearing until EoD. If I had not called him out and tried to make a counterwagon I feel like he could've successfully pushed for my mislynch by doing something akin to what Rubik/Pen did to Rag.
I want to town lean Libk, if only for the sudden uptick in participation, but realistically that's not a good move. He's more null to me atm. I think you were right to push him though, and would agree with your assessment there, though idk if it was malicious or his genuine scum hunting.

WHICH brings me to the reason why they're at the bottom of my list yeet. Two RVS votes that were never moved and lack of participation in the thread overall. Rubik being slightly above Pen/Sunfan because of toDay's interaction with Kirino that suggests they know something we don't. This might kinda tie both (Rubik and Kirino) together in a few ways depending on what might've happened. I can only think of something that might be an instaclear for both but I really doubt it's the case. In any case I'm looking forward some thoughts from TheSunFan to maybe breathe some fresh air into the thread and maybe help sort stuff out in my reads.
Yeah these two I want to scum lean, but I really want to see what TSF will say. Rub being cleared by an interaction with Kirino means he's at best town. It doesn't clear Kirino, and at worst, they're scumbuds.

At work ATM so I'm trying to reread a couple of things, I'll probably decide on a vote tonight.

Kirino

Tatakae
I’m don’t particularly like Libk’s vote on Chevy, looking back. Initially, he actually town read Chevy around the same time as his Rag vote, saying he liked the way he was playing. Once he saw Chevy’s vote, however, he updated his post to reverse this and instead voted for him. I think it had the least basis of the Chevy votes last EoD, as the other two had at least suspected/pressured him, whereas Libk reversed his read based on what I thought was a weak justification. At the start of today, moreover, Libk said he was “not too surprised” at Chevy flipping town, which makes his vote look even more dubious. The whole situation ends up seeming somewhat lazy and contrived on his part.

Otherwise, his suspicions against me and Johnny were largely based on OMGUS, which, to be fair, was also the case with his suspicion of Moe last game, where he was town. He also voiced slight suspicions on Mido and Pendio for inactivity, somewhat ironically.

Why not the other way around? SMS looked super scummy to me too
I don’t think he did, and neither did most people. Besides, there’s no reason for scum to have killed Chevy when he was so likely to have been lynched the following day, not to mention his inexperience. This is an odd take, really.

why? Him leaving his RVS vote on early Rag looked like a pretty good position for scum to sit comfortably
It was essentially meta-based: I’ve seen a game where Pen did the exact same thing (i.e. completely ignore Day 1 and nonchalantly and unapologetically acknowledge it when pressed), and I think he’s more excited and active as scum in general. The read was always weak, though, and as I said, I think he’s still worth looking into for his Rag vote.
Can you remind me what was your opinion on the Rag x Chevy debate/interaction?
I think some interpreted it favorably for Rag because it showed her prodding, but my view was kind of the opposite: that it was negligible and didn’t really lead anywhere. As for Chevy, it made me town read him more, because he seemed genuinely uncertain and then reassured after what Rag told him.
I disagree again. Kirino feels opportunistic, hopping on the Rag wagon when he said he might rather PL Chevy.
Not quite. I said I could see why others would want to PL him, but not that I myself would want to, as I was pretty adamant in my belief that he was town. If I was trying to opportunistically lynch Rag, moreover, I probably would’ve done so earlier instead of going for Libk. And the only reason I removed my vote on Libk was because he started contributing with his read list, which took away the reason for my vote. That’s not something I could have planned either, unless Libk and I were scum together. Basically, my actions aren’t indicative of someone looking for an excuse to lynch Rag, which seems to be what you’re saying.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
I’m don’t particularly like Libk’s vote on Chevy, looking back. Initially, he actually town read Chevy around the same time as his Rag vote, saying he liked the way he was playing. Once he saw Chevy’s vote, however, he updated his post to reverse this and instead voted for him. I think it had the least basis of the Chevy votes last EoD, as the other two had at least suspected/pressured him, whereas Libk reversed his read based on what I thought was a weak justification. At the start of today, moreover, Libk said he was “not too surprised” at Chevy flipping town, which makes his vote look even more dubious. The whole situation ends up seeming somewhat lazy and contrived on his part.

Otherwise, his suspicions against me and Johnny were largely based on OMGUS, which, to be fair, was also the case with his suspicion of Moe last game, where he was town. He also voiced slight suspicions on Mido and Pendio for inactivity, somewhat ironically.
Not quite. I said I could see why others would want to PL him, but not that I myself would want to, as I was pretty adamant in my belief that he was town. If I was trying to opportunistically lynch Rag, moreover, I probably would’ve done so earlier instead of going for Libk. And the only reason I removed my vote on Libk was because he started contributing with his read list, which took away the reason for my vote. That’s not something I could have planned either, unless Libk and I were scum together. Basically, my actions aren’t indicative of someone looking for an excuse to lynch Rag, which seems to be what you’re saying.
I actually really like this response. I may flip my opinions on Libk and Kirino because of this, but I'll double check their posts first. That said, there absolutely is a world where you both are scum. I'm not insinuating that you were looking for an excuse to kill Rag, more so that it seemed somewhat convenient for a wolf to do, and thus you're potentially a wolf. But for scum to push a specific kill rather than go with the flow on D1 is something that would look scummy, and I don't usually get that from your meta, so that is an argument in favor of town leaning you.

I'll take some more time on this one.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Minish's reply to me as a whole isn't too bad. I just had a 4 hour call with my grandma so I'll dissect it properly either after work or tomorrow, depending on how tired I am tonight.

Kirino coming in hot with a wallpost that in my brief skim looks pretty OK.

Ex is strongly townreading me and his reads seem kinda similar to mine so I'm slightly concerned about sheeping from that slot but need to think about it a bit more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom