• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Bok's Fantasy Book Mafia

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
how does it remind you of that game, or is it just a vibes thing?

It's more of a vibe thing, because I feel like that game you sounded really agreeable in thread, and would poke/question a lot of things. I'm not 100% positive that's how it was but that's my recollection of that game. And that's how I felt you were this time, rather than you pushing instead of questioning.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
i can't remember much about that game but my recollection of how i approached the thread was that most of what i said served the purpose of either gathering information or conditioning people to be more receptive towards the rebellion. I did do some camoflauging that game but probably not a lot of it, and most if not all of the questioning i did probably served the purpose of information gathering or advancing the gamestate rather than diverting attention away from me.

Its been a while though

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
i can't remember much about that game but my recollection of how i approached the thread was that most of what i said served the purpose of either gathering information or conditioning people to be more receptive towards the rebellion. I did do some camoflauging that game but probably not a lot of it, and most if not all of the questioning i did probably served the purpose of information gathering or advancing the gamestate rather than diverting attention away from me.

Its been a while though

Oh yeah, I don't think you were diverting attention from you in that game. And I don't feel like you usually do as scum except maybe when you've been inactive. It's moreso that information gathering that I feel you do a bit less as town. Though I could be mistaken but that's my recollection of your meta.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
It's more of a vibe thing, because I feel like that game you sounded really agreeable in thread, and would poke/question a lot of things. I'm not 100% positive that's how it was but that's my recollection of that game. And that's how I felt you were this time, rather than you pushing instead of questioning.
from my PoV in that game it was kinda clear you both were decently likely to be the rebels because you kinda kept discreetly agreeing and protecting me after I suggested that you should be protected rather than hunt

Rag would be pretty proactive but hesitate and step back whenever things started getting a bit too obvious but I feel like that was more because of the context of the game rather than an usual mafia style

Kirino

Tatakae
I agree that Rag’s contributions have been fairly lackluster. Her latest post seems to provide a believable townie explanation for them, but I could also see the way she lost interest as reflecting scum. She’s also offering information that seems to work against her (basically confirming the validity of the meta that people are using to scum read her), but I feel that’s typical of her, and in any case, could easily be used to make oneself look more town. I haven’t played with Rag as much as others here, though, and I have a somewhat difficult time reading her. IIRC, my first game with her was the one in which she completely reversed her meta and surprised everyone, which probably colors my perception.

Regarding who to lynch, I actually wouldn’t mind following Chevy’s suggestion and voting Tristan, for previously stated reasons. Libk is still the main wagon I believe, and I think he’s still a viable option. I could see Rag as well, although I’m leaning towards the other two at the moment. In any case, I probably won’t be deciding or doing much until later today, after I get off work.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Unvote

I can, at the very least, remove my random vote. Been busy(my work schedule hasn't changed from the last game) so I'll try to look into things tonight before the deadline. If I end up the lynch, so be it, but I will try to look into things more later. There is something about Chevy that feels off to me, and I think Mikey brings up a good point about Chevy ignoring posts.

This is only my second mafia game in years. I'm not used to RVS stopping so quickly into day one. Not much of a defense there but again, if I die, so be it. I'll try to post again at lunch time but no promises
I never know how to interpret posts like this. This is something I've done as scum, try to seem townie by essentially surrendering yourself (it's like AtE but not really). At the same time, Libk's post seems sincere, so I'm really conflicted. I take this kind of thing as a more subtle form of AtE because Libk could easily say something like this to make us pity him a little. I think he's a decent wagon and I would vote him in the interest of self preservation, something I normally try to avoid, if votes on me pick up steam.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Kirino looks good to me. He has been actively solving the game and has been quite consistent with his thoughts thus far.

Rag's recent posts seem quite sincere, but I'm never sure what to think about people who spend a lot of time defending their own meta. I kind of did that in the champs game and was scum, but I've seen people do it as either alignment. Either way I liked her early pushes of Chevy but I don't really remember much of what she has said since. I'd give her a slight town read for that and her recent posts but it's kind of a hesitant town read.

Chevy is really digging deep into that tunnel, but consistency is a good thing. I'm still reading him as a newb trying not to flip-flop, which admittedly isn't AI but I still think he started off being a bit too erratic to be scum. Like I said earlier though, a strong scum team would know not to coach him, and this game is pretty stacked with strong players, so he's not 100% townie, but I would not lynch him today.

Mido has only three posts, but those posts actually have some decent content in them; even his first RVS post contains content relevant to the happenings at the time. I like what he said about Minish's turnaround earlier being a townie look because maintaining that suspicion would have been easy as scum. It was a nice original thought that I can agree with. Would like to see more though, not sure how I feel about him only having three posts.

Speaking of Minish, she hasn't been super active as a whole, but she's been looking pretty good. I liked what Mido said about her earlier, and her opinion on SMS differing from everyone else's didn't seem like a manufactured opinion - if SMS is town and the majority of the people were townreading him, I don't think that would be a particularly easy mislynch to cause if Minish was scum, so I don't really see the point in saying those things if she is scum. She has also been making a good effort and made a reads list that admittedly has a lot of nulls but looks decent as a whole.

Rubik had a birthday so was largely absent for most of the first day. Those festivities are presumably over and he still isn't here so I'd like to see at least some form of content before the end of the day.

Libk - see my last post. Mild scum lean, wouldn't mind lynching, though could also be a very easy mislynch.

Mikey is super active and, at surface level, looks townie. Typical Mikey his post count consists of a few one-liners that add nothing and a lot of one-liners that do add something. I like how he isn't discounting Chevy as town and continued pushing him for a long time. It feels a little like a tunnel, Chevy wasn't delivering what was asked so it makes sense. Mikey hasn't given thoughts on a ton of other players though, so I'd like to see him move past Chevy a little bit.

ExLight has a good amount of posts that add nothing, but I don't think that's particularly atypical. I like his vote on Libk and attempt to get the game moving, but I believe that's the first real original thought he had given and it came after I mentioned not liking Libk's disappearance after the RVS stage. I'll give him a slight town lean, but I'm remaining wary because I feel like he's been rather CWAC. This read could easily change.

Johnny I think I misread earlier. I thought his vote on Libk seemed opportunistic, but upon going through his posts again he had actually been more involved than I remembered. That said, I don't think his content really screams either alignment yet. Probably my only true null read right now.

SMS's early proactivity still seems townie to me, and his initial response to my post about Mikey's meta that got a lot of attention is a really good post. I will keep the town lean on him, though I did notice that his recent posts look to me like he's responding to things that are easy to respond to (which, I know I've kind of been doing the same thing). I would like to keep the town read but I would also like to see him do a bit more.

Pen is in this game?

Right now I would be fine with the Libk lynch, but I also would probably be ok with Rag as an alternative despite my previous town lean on her. I'm not a big fan of the defending your own meta thing and she kind of disappeared until the topic of her meta came up. The people I would not lynch today are: Kirino, Chevy, Mikey, SMS, Minish.

I would like to vote for Rag but I'm slightly hesitant to due to Rubik and Pen still having their RVS votes on her. @Rubik @Pen could you either unvote or say whether you would actually like for her to be lynched?

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I have to go to work now and won't be around for EoD but I'll check in periodically when I can. I'll likely end up voting for Rag, but I would like for Rube and Pen to at least say something about their RVS votes still on her.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
So my #1 scumlean just posted a novel of a read list. From my experience, that's a massive town indicator. Someone prove me wrong or I'm gonna go crazy.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
So my #1 scumlean just posted a novel of a read list. From my experience, that's a massive town indicator. Someone prove me wrong or I'm gonna go crazy.

Hi, I make big read lists as scum because I actually find it easier to make them then. So it's not always a town indicator.

I can't speak for if it's AI for Mez because it's been too long to remember though. Just don't let that alone determine how you feel about him.

Kirino

Tatakae
I don't think long read lists are always necessarily indicative of town, but they do make me feel better about Tristan, and I think his reads are pretty reasonable. I'd rather not lynch him at this point, especially with players who have contributed far less.

@Mafia Host @funnier6 Vote count?

Mido

Version 1
good afternoon sir mido uwu

Good afternoon.

I didn't think so
maybe because I thought the logic distinguishing between who town vs scum blame was completely nonsensical
no, I've never seen town blaming other people, it's unthinkable!
but maybe that's just me

I see what you mean, as I suppose it's not truly AI when it comes to blame shifting in that of itself. Still, I appreciated the turnabout of opinion on the Minish end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom