• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Bok's Fantasy Book Mafia

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
Unvote

I can, at the very least, remove my random vote. Been busy(my work schedule hasn't changed from the last game) so I'll try to look into things tonight before the deadline. If I end up the lynch, so be it, but I will try to look into things more later. There is something about Chevy that feels off to me, and I think Mikey brings up a good point about Chevy ignoring posts.

it isn’t actually, if it was to protect myself I’d’ve voted somewhere that had more votes

I legit find him doubling down with his rvs joke vote weird when the thread already had real discussion ongoing

This is only my second mafia game in years. I'm not used to RVS stopping so quickly into day one. Not much of a defense there but again, if I die, so be it. I'll try to post again at lunch time but no promises

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
yes, you said the post made you think me OR mezlo were scum. What specifically about my post made you think mezlo was scum?
You said you weren't surprised I was suspecting you, but weren't thrilled with being paired with Mez. Based on my conversation with Rag, the way you took my suspicion of you and pairing with Mez seemed very townie. Vote Mez with me? :senpaipls:
I'm wanting to scumlean Libk, but I thibk that's just my automatic internal omgus

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Giri for example, as scum I've seem him do some off the wall stuff and his scumbuds didn't seem to pull the reigns in on him (I'm thinking back to like last year when he was still a relatively new player). I think a well built scum team might recognize that given the player is new, they could probably get away with a lot more than an experienced player might.

I remember being on a scum team with Giri and he would actually ask a lot what he should do.
Though he just mildly guided him and mostly let him do his own thing.

lol

I remember a previous game in which Pen basically did the exact same thing as here (barely posted D1 and flippantly shrugged it off) and ended up being town. So I’m slightly town reading him for this I guess, even if I’m not really a fan of it.

This is the same feeling I had about Pen. He's much more eager when he's mafia and chill when he's town.

Anyways, a light reads list.

Rubik - Hasn't said too much yet which is the norm for him. Null so far.

Mellow Ezlo - I tend to scum read Mez when he's town and vice versa. So no solid read on him yet, but he feels a bit scummy to me so we'll see if tradition keeps.

Mikey the Moblin - Slight town read. He doesn't feel like he does when we were scum together, granted we couldn't directly communicate. I like his pushing of Chevy's thoughts.

ExLight - Was originally slightly scum leaning him, but I'm doing less so now. His start had me feeling like his scum game and he didn't feel as genuine with his responses. I'm not sure what it was exactly that made me change. I think partially it was that he felt a bit like last game where I thought he seemed kinda scummy first off but then started town reading him.

Spiritual Mask Salesman - I think if Tristan is scum SMS is town. If Tristan is town though SMS can go either way for me. I do kinda feel a bit more of his scum play, but I could also just be reading him wrong like I often do. I'll just need more info there.

Johnny Sooshi - I usually have no clue how to read Johnny. He hasn't done anything to make me suspect him yet though. Pretty null at the moment.

Chevywolf30 - Chevy has had some thoughts that are all over the place and I didn't like his original sus of Johnny for voting Mikey when he was as well. But he seems a bit bold to be scum, and some of his posts sound genuine.

Pen - Mentioned it briefly before but slight town read because he seems chill and laid back which reminds me of town Pen. Scum Pen seems to like to get down to business early, and he loves being scum so I would have expected him to pop in sooner if he were.

Libk - Null. Kinda feel like he could be an easy mislynch here and that's why he's gaining so much traction. But I don't like the "if I'm lynched then so be it" attitude much, because yeah he did it last game as town but I don't think it's AI for him.

Kirino - Has had some solid posts so far that I've agreed with. But that's just Kirino in general so I won't have a decent read on him for a bit. Wouldn't want to lynch him though because we have some similar reads, so I feel like he might be in the same town mindset I am.

Mido - Have liked his posts a good bit so far. I don't quite remember scum Mido at this point, but he feels like he has the last few games he's been town, and once he hits a stride he's a strong player so I'm hoping to see that.

Ragnarokio - I was originally town reading Rag for her prodding of Chevy, but the more I read the more I kind of went in the opposite direction. Her posts remind me a bit of when me and her were "scum" in an NGA game together. However we weren't truly scum as our goal was to just take down one person. But we were still hiding stuff that game so it's a bit similar.

Unvote

Vote: Rag

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
I still dont know how I feel about chevy. Their latest responses have been ~fine~ I guess but it's just not what I've come to expect from ol chevs already and I legit cant figure out if it's alignment indicative

Gonna sponge your kirino and pen reads, minish I hate trying to solve them so much

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Sorry, sorry, I haven't learned that mafia take priority over all yet.
Basically:
I don't like Mezlo pretending to meta read you but then going back on it, so I scumleaned the both of you, but the way you reacted made me think that y'all aren't together.

Or it was just good distancing.

Any questions now?
Well, it's not impossible for them to be a scum pair, the best way to find out is to get them to actually interact in thread and see how it goes. If Mikey is willing to vote Ezlo at some point if Ezlo was a leading wagon, then they probably aren't scumbuds since Mikey would never bus a scumbud. The inverse won't work and isn't true, Ezlo would more than likely bus Mikey if it came down to it.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Well, it's not impossible for them to be a scum pair, the best way to find out is to get them to actually interact in thread and see how it goes. If Mikey is willing to vote Ezlo at some point if Ezlo was a leading wagon, then they probably aren't scumbuds since Mikey would never bus a scumbud. The inverse won't work and isn't true, Ezlo would more than likely bus Mikey if it came down to it.
I mean, I did ask Mikey if he'd vote Mez with me in a later post. Lemme do it again:
@Mikey the Moblin Let's start a wagon on Mezlo.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
We were still keeping our alignment hidden and Rag feels like she's acting more like that than like she's town.
yea I follow your logic there lol
it's just a funny game to use as a reference because everything was so backwards

I feel like rag can be tricky to read as scum
she used to be really low posting but after someone pointed that out she destroyed us by completely changing her meta just to flex that she has no strings attached to meta

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
it's just a funny game to use as a reference because everything was so backwards

she used to be really low posting but after someone pointed that out she destroyed us by completely changing her meta just to flex that she has no strings attached to meta

Yeah I don't try to read her by activity any more. I moreso try to look at if she feels like she's solving, or if she feels like she's prodding to look like she's solving.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
Ragnarokio - I was originally town reading Rag for her prodding of Chevy, but the more I read the more I kind of went in the opposite direction. Her posts remind me a bit of when me and her were "scum" in an NGA game together. However we weren't truly scum as our goal was to just take down one person. But we were still hiding stuff that game so it's a bit similar.

how does it remind you of that game, or is it just a vibes thing?

fwiw i can't control my meta, if i could i'd have a much more successful track record as scum. Its just that my play isn't absolutely invariable as either alignment and so there are going to be exceptions.

with that said I think my play this game so far matches my scum meta much more than my town meta. I haven't attacked anyone and that should probably be a big red flag in theory. In reality its just an exception though. As town my plan of attack day 1 is to wait until someone pings me and then relentlessly attack them for the rest of the game in an effort to read and possibly kill them. Chevy and SMS both pinged me (chevy b/c they seemed to feel guilty at having received attention and persecution complexes are more common among scum than among town ime and SMS b/c they said they liked my contributions despite my having not contributed anything, which struck me as them wanting to throw a read out without it being substantiated). In both cases their followup made me lose interest though, and no one else has really stuck out so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom