• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Bok's Fantasy Book Mafia

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
I would tread carefully when it comes to claiming. Saying who you targeted is probably pushing the limits (the rules say the limit is essentially "I have reason to believe this person is town"). Which, actually, sounds like it would be fairly easy to fake especially for scum because there are countless roles that could fit that bill.
I meant as in just saying “I targeted/will target X in the night” or asking someone who they targeted. That doesn’t seem to push anything imo since it’s not necessarily related to role anyway?

The "if I was..." method might work, but I'd rather not do it. First, it risks information in a setup where claims are limited, and thus information is limited. Second, it could still result in a modkill, and that's statistically likely to hurt town more.
Yea, I’m not in favor of this method either.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
if you said "i'm going to target funnier tonight" then it would be the same as claiming "i have a role that can target funnier tonight" which would definitely be a claim about your role. Depending on the context it might further act as a soft (ie: if funnier was the top wagon when you said it people might speculate that you said that with the intent of communicating that it would be better not to lynch funnier today because of your role)

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
in any case it seems to go against the general spirit of having game discussion not be about roles at all and instead be about player actions, so i imagine bok wouldn't be happy with it.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
if you said "i'm going to target funnier tonight" then it would be the same as claiming "i have a role that can target funnier tonight" which would definitely be a claim about your role. Depending on the context it might further act as a soft (ie: if funnier was the top wagon when you said it people might speculate that you said that with the intent of communicating that it would be better not to lynch funnier today because of your role)
I guess? I’m not sure if saying something like that is too significant outside of extremely situational contexts tho?

funnier6

Courage~
Day 1 Vote Count 1

ExLight
(3) (Kirino, Libk, Rag)
Mikey the Moeblin (2) (Chevy, Johnny)
Rubik (1) (Minish)
Morbid Minish (1) (Ex)
Pen (1) (Mido) waves to Mido
Ragnarokio (1) (Rube)

With 13 alive it takes 7 votes to reach a majority. The day will end on Friday, March 19th at 10pm MST.

If any of you have any questions about the rules or what is and isn't acceptable softing do please ask. If you're unsure, run it by us first and we'll tell you, try not to make any assumptions.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mido

Version 1
Yeah a bit suspicious of Chevy, because he didn't sound joking and seemed to just flip to that when he was called out for also voting Mikey. It's hard to tell with him though because I kinda feel like he did something similar in a previous game.

Honestly, I'm not too sure about the oddness of Chevy's justification when approaching Johnny anymore. I gave him the benefit of the doubt there, and I think I'm going to sit on this porch for the time being if only because his pursuit of Mikey has been more brazen. I don't see scum making such a push on a player with dangerous skills as a townie (at least this early on) upon reflection. Of course, this is all assuming Mikey is a townie, which I haven't really thought about yet.

I’m not too suspicious of Chevy for withdrawing his Johnny suspicion, since it strikes me as a genuine expression of insecurity or a lack of self-confidence given that he’s still relatively new to Mafia, and I think it fits with his previous play. I agree it’s a bit odd that he described it as a “joke,” though, because it clearly doesn’t seem to be. His later comment that he “came in too hot” seems more truthful.

As for his suspicion of Mikey, while I think he’s tunneling, I get being paranoid given JoJo Mafia and the sheer presence he tends to have in most games.

I ultimately agree with your overall perception of the Chevy - Mikey - Johnny interactions, but your mentioning of paranoia got me thinking; I'm admittedly a touch paranoid of ExLight this game. The last two games where I tried to get more involved ultimately ended in a victory for ExLight and his merry band of cool friends, so I'm feeling a bit cautious; yet once again not having any major impressions of his work so far.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
So, I was at work and it looks like a lot of stuff happened. I do need to

Unvote

but I need to go back and remember why and who I was planning to vote.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
That seems disjointed, you just remembered everyone what happened what he rolled and how he dealt with that in the past few games. Is the streak thing a serious argument? lol
I was explaining why I was suspicious of Mikey, even if it was kinda early. Just some meta panic with some RVS mixed in tbh.

Ragnarokio

are you scared?

Ragnarokio

someone in your position might be scared when they suddenly become the topic of discussion

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
someone in your position might be scared when they suddenly become the topic of discussion
Well, I know exactly why it's happening that way, so if I get lynched I deserve it but y'all would be wasting your time to do it. I've actually got some irl crap going on that I might need to sub out for, but I'm not gonna get hasty on that.

Ragnarokio

why would it be your fault if you were lynched and not the fault of the people misreading you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom