• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Bok's Fantasy Book Mafia

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
- I can't afford to not vote unless Mellow decided to vote and decides to vote in favour of town. Otherwise, the three wolves can just all vote as soon as I leave and win.
If Mellow weren't willing to vote with Town he'd've just voted with scum and made a 4-votes tie as soon as they Day began
and if he's a hostile 3p he wants to get rid of some mafia immediately

so this paranoia is unfounded on anything reasonable

I don't know about a Johnny lynch, since I was actually feeling more positively about him as per my last post. That Legacy seems willing to go after him is also interesting: I could potentially see it if they're scumbuds since Legacy also has a fair amount of suspicion on him and might want to bus, but I think it'd be more likely that they'd just try to force a town lynch today if they can. Their suspicions on each other don't necessarily seem committed, though, and if they're scum, they'll probably just end up voting me anyway. I imagine they'd only bus each other if they viewed a lynch on me as unviable and attracting suspicion, and decided to accept the loss and keep playing.

I'm still ultimately focused on Legacy as a lynch target, because I really can't look past his unreasonable desire to lynch me earlier, given other potential targets based on his PoE that he comparatively paid little attention to, and especially given the timing. It's still possible that Minish is scum with him, but it arguably looks even worse if Minish is town, because it seems like he's taking advantage of a townie strongly scumreading another townie in order to mislynch them during MYLO.

I suppose we could also no lynch to have more time for discussion and to hope the PoE gets smaller, but I think it's possible that we'd still lose the game in that case, depending on what Tristan is and what he does, or the existence of some other killing power. Besides which, the smaller the amount of players, the easier it is for scum to force a lynch. As for thunderdoming, I'd normally be fine with it given my scum reads, but I think Ex brings up a good point about it being too easy for scum to manipulate, and the fact that Legacy keeps suggesting it makes me somewhat suspicious.

I really dislike this post for a few reasons:

My "unreasonable desire to lynch you" was actually because I liked one of Minish's posts. Yet you go after me and not the person who made the post and I think that's because you see me as an easier target to convince a townsperson to vote on. All I have said about you is that you're my top scumread. That's not unreasonable at all given you're making a lot of posts I strongly dislike. Do you have any sort of case that isn't tunneling me out of OMGUS because I voted you?

We never no chop today because that means that we no longer have a majority vote and that Mellow decides if we win or lose tomorrow.

No, I'm talking about thunderdoming Mikey as it is literally the optimal play in a world where Mimey only wants to vote me. Think about the logic of it for a minute: I explained it in my last post. If Mikey is town, Mikey voting me means we lose and therefore if Mikey only insists on voting me then either he is a wolf or we have already lost and therefore a thunderdome is quite literally the only option.

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
No, I'm talking about thunderdoming Mikey as it is literally the optimal play in a world where Mimey only wants to vote me. Think about the logic of it for a minute: I explained it in my last post. If Mikey is town, Mikey voting me means we lose and therefore if Mikey only insists on voting me then either he is a wolf or we have already lost and therefore a thunderdome is quite literally the only option.
there is a world where mezlo votes with town on non-legacy scum and I'm the sole voter on you since this is mylo and not lylo
but if johnny sounds good today probably we thunderdome

If Mellow weren't willing to vote with Town he'd've just voted with scum and made a 4-votes tie as soon as they Day began
and if he's a hostile 3p he wants to get rid of some mafia immediately

so this paranoia is unfounded on anything reasonable
No...

If we no eliminate today (and no extra kills, we can't count on them and even if they happened they would have to hit scum anyway removing the entire point of no eliminating) then tomorrow is 3v3v1.

See the issue?

Mellow has to actively choose to save town tomorrow. If Mellow is a role that wins by surviving, Mellow should never choose actively to save town.

It's not just about him choosing not to go against is. If we don't eliminate today he has to actively choose to assist us despite that potentially making it harder for him to win and we get zero benefit from that at all.

there is a world where mezlo votes with town on non-legacy scum and I'm the sole voter on you since this is mylo and not lylo
but if johnny sounds good today probably we thunderdome
How confident are you on Kirino being town? I'm confident Kirino is a wolf now I think and can probably convince you that it's a Kirino/Johnny/other team if you'll hear me out.

And yes I know you think Kirino/Johnny aren't w/w for some reason. Please remind me why?

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
No...

If we no eliminate today (and no extra kills, we can't count on them and even if they happened they would have to hit scum anyway removing the entire point of no eliminating) then tomorrow is 3v3v1.

See the issue?

Mellow has to actively choose to save town tomorrow. If Mellow is a role that wins by surviving, Mellow should never choose actively to save town.

It's not just about him choosing not to go against is. If we don't eliminate today he has to actively choose to assist us despite that potentially making it harder for him to win and we get zero benefit from that at all.
Ties aren't No Lynch, they remove the last vote placed. So the wagon that reached the tie number first goes through. It's what happened in both Day Phases and I'm not sure if you're feigning ignorance now.

If Mellow was a role that just has to survive they'd hop in here as soon as the day started or when everyone seemed to be here and say "hey, mafia team, if we all vote the same person now the tie rules make so our lynch go through" and then the game would probably end on the spot as soon as the mafia team voted
or the Day probably wouldn't even happen if they directly talked to the host and showed how it's an unstoppable win potential

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
How confident are you on Kirino being town? I'm confident Kirino is a wolf now I think and can probably convince you that it's a Kirino/Johnny/other team if you'll hear me out.

And yes I know you think Kirino/Johnny aren't w/w for some reason. Please remind me why?
oh yeah kirino exists and is a fine alternative tm
it seemed really weird to me for wolf johnny to come in here and say "kirino can die yep"
and the overwhelming nonchalance towards a kirino lynch also scares me
but other than that fine

Kirino

Tatakae
My "unreasonable desire to lynch you" was actually because I liked one of Minish's posts. Yet you go after me and not the person who made the post and I think that's because you see me as an easier target to convince a townsperson to vote on. All I have said about you is that you're my top scumread. That's not unreasonable at all given you're making a lot of posts I strongly dislike. Do you have any sort of case that isn't tunneling me out of OMGUS because I voted you?
It wasn't just because you liked her post, but because you explicitly said you were very confident I was scum yourself, and you did so after Minish's suspicion of me. And surely you can understand how things look from my perspective: I know I'm town, and right at MYLO, I get two people suddenly having strong scum reads on me and saying they're fine with my lynch, one with reasoning that seems weak, the other with no explanation at all. Not only that, but even after I show your PoE could include scum teams without me, you don't even seem to take that information into account in your read on me. I think my suspicion on you makes complete sense.

I also never stopped being suspicious of Minish, but I already talked about how I at least preferred her explanation and her willingness to shift onto other targets. And you say your suspicion on me isn't unreasonable given I'm making posts you dislike, but I don't recall you ever specifying that until now, and your entire given reasoning, as far as I saw, was based on PoE. Which, again, doesn't make sense, given your own PoE shouldn't have made you at all as confident as you were in me being scum.

Ties aren't No Lynch, they remove the last vote placed. So the wagon that reached the tie number first goes through. It's what happened in both Day Phases and I'm not sure if you're feigning ignorance now.

If Mellow was a role that just has to survive they'd hop in here as soon as the day started or when everyone seemed to be here and say "hey, mafia team, if we all vote the same person now the tie rules make so our lynch go through" and then the game would probably end on the spot as soon as the mafia team voted
or the Day probably wouldn't even happen if they directly talked to the host and showed how it's an unstoppable win potential
I think we get nothing to gain from not eliminating and the possibility of just immediately losing if Mellow does not feel merciful. We should really not do that.

Counting on Mellow to break any ties in our favour is a bad move. He also said earlier that he's not voting today.

oh yeah kirino exists and is a fine alternative tm
it seemed really weird to me for wolf johnny to come in here and say "kirino can die yep"
and the overwhelming nonchalance towards a kirino lynch also scares me
but other than that fine
To add a bit on why I don't think that stops them from being paired... if you look at when Johnny did it then you'll see it's only after we sort of started agreeing that Johnny/Kirino was a likely pairing. If I was a wolf in that situation then the first thing I would do is throw you off my partner like that.

It wasn't just because you liked her post, but because you explicitly said you were very confident I was scum yourself, and you did so after Minish's suspicion of me. And surely you can understand how things look from my perspective: I know I'm town, and right at MYLO, I get two people suddenly having strong scum reads on me and saying they're fine with my lynch, one with reasoning that seems weak, the other with no explanation at all. Not only that, but even after I show your PoE could include scum teams without me, you don't even seem to take that information into account in your read on me. I think my suspicion on you makes complete sense.

I also never stopped being suspicious of Minish, but I already talked about how I at least preferred her explanation and her willingness to shift onto other targets. And you say your suspicion on me isn't unreasonable given I'm making posts you dislike, but I don't recall you ever specifying that until now, and your entire given reasoning, as far as I saw, was based on PoE. Which, again, doesn't make sense, given your own PoE shouldn't have made you at all as confident as you were in me being scum.
Then please give me good reasons why you're not a wolf instead of OMGUSing me (and specifically me although I think Minish pressured you harder). I do scumread you now, quite a bit in fact. Approach this like how I'm approaching Mikey right now except my vote isn't locked on you yet. If you're town then starting a thunderdome with me definitely shouldn't be what you're trying to do... because that's what the end result of this conversation is looking like it was going to go before I started making this post!

Kirino, let's say I'm town and you're town. Help me work out who the wolves are please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom