• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Bok's Fantasy Book Mafia

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
This whole not softing thing is killing me
We dont even know if mezlo was responsible for the chevy kill or not, which if they were allowed to clarify would give us a much easier time dealing with the role

Assuming 9v3v1 at start, currently at 6v3v1.

Chop 3P:
6v3 going into night.
5v3 going into day normally - F7 MYLO
5v2 if vigi that hits scum - LYLO-1
4v3 if vigi that hits town - F7 LYLO.

Chop Town:
5v3v1 going into night.
4v3v1 going into day normally - LOSS.
4v2v1 if vigi that hits scum - F7 LYLO.
3v3v1 if vigi that hits town - LOSS.
4v3 if vigi that hits 3p - F7 LYLO.

Chop Scum:
6v2v1 going into night.
5v2v1 going into day normally - MYLO.
5v1v1 if vigi that hits scum - F7 LYLO-1
4v2v1 if vigi that hits town - F7 LYLO.
5v2 if vigi that hits 3p - F7 LYLO-1.

Vote Count 2.5

Rubik
(2) (Mikey, Libk)
Mellow Ezlo (2) (The Sun Fan, Rubik)
Libk (1) Johnny Sooshi,

Not Voting (5) Morbid Minish, Kirino, Legacy of Smiles, Mellow Ezlo, ExLight

6 for majority, day ends 10pm MST (3.5 hours)

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I think my townreading of 2 confirmed townies and avoiding the Rag lynch should prove enough I'm here to cooperate. But I do realize all I can do to prove it otherwise is give my word.

I'm going to have to dip in a couple of mins I'm afraid, will try to crack on with reads in the night phase if possible. Will vote before I go.

Vote: Libk

Think all three wagons here are fine, don't mind which goes over because I honestly don't have any strong feelings on any yet besides two are pretty wolfy and one is an unknown 3p.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
I still don't trust Rubik, still haven't really seen anything I like from rubik. I'll be around for a bit but honestly not EoD. I'm asleep for work when day ends. If there's a better wagon than Rubik I'll try to be around.

I'm hesitant about mezlo reveal here. I've been SK too many times to.trust

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
If I get incorrectly meta lynched when people townread me for "reminding them of a game in which I was scum" I'm retiring from mafia forever.

If you townread someone because of their content, then you should townread them period. Scumreading someone because you want to townread them but they remind you of a scum game they played is really stupid.

Sorry for getting emotional but this is kind of ridiculous.
I'm a primarily mechanical player, which is next to useless in a game like this when players can't claim and I'm bad at reading subtle softs. This is the bread and butter of my strategy, regardless of alignment.

Perhaps my best scumhunting tool is my ability to detect certain subtle scumtells that are kind of hard to quantify. I haven't noticed any of these yet this game, but if I did I would certainly be following those ahead of anything else.

I also draw a lot from voting patterns. Currently we have a winning wagon on town, a losing wagon on town, and 3 Nader votes on unknown alignments. I lean towards the losing wagon on town being more scummy in terms of patterns because they didn't mislynch anyone and they could have "changed their mind" about whoever they voted for D1 or get away with being a part of it because it never worked in the first place. You were a Nader vote which is as bad or worse than the other two wagons probably, so you don't look great in terms of wagon patterns based on a very cursory look. I would estimate there were 0-1 scum players on Rag's wagon, realistically.

Meta is a common fallback for me. I can't use it for most players, but I can get a gut feeling about how a player's performance compares to their typical town/scum game. In the absence of useful mechanical information or voting patterns, it's one of the few things I can use (and I was forced to use it d1 on Rag to bad results). I don't want to townread you because of the content of your posts, I just don't want to kill you because I feel like you're putting in effort, which is unrelated to alignment. Unfortunately, I feel like you are more likely to want to put in effort as scum, but that alone isn't enough for me necessarily. Gut reading is only part of what goes into a read for me, and only some of that gut read is based on meta.

I consider an appeal to emotion like this to be a scumtell, personally, but not a strong one, and it's the kind of tell everyone knows about, so it's of limited usefulness in actually catching scum. It does reinforce my belief a bit, though.

EBWOP: I also consider a 3p claim to be a decently likely scumtell. It's a common deflection tactic for caught scum.

You're a solid wagon today, though I it wouldn't break my heart if we found a better wagon either.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
Assuming 9v3v1 at start, currently at 6v3v1.

Chop 3P:
6v3 going into night.
5v3 going into day normally - F7 MYLO
5v2 if vigi that hits scum - LYLO-1
4v3 if vigi that hits town - F7 LYLO.

Chop Town:
5v3v1 going into night.
4v3v1 going into day normally - LOSS.
4v2v1 if vigi that hits scum - F7 LYLO.
3v3v1 if vigi that hits town - LOSS.
4v3 if vigi that hits 3p - F7 LYLO.

Chop Scum:
6v2v1 going into night.
5v2v1 going into day normally - MYLO.
5v1v1 if vigi that hits scum - F7 LYLO-1
4v2v1 if vigi that hits town - F7 LYLO.
5v2 if vigi that hits 3p - F7 LYLO-1.
uhh
what do we do here? do we ask vigi to not shoot and maybe ask for disruption on Tristan just in case?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom