• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Bokoblin civilization and their God Demise

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
Why are Bokoblins and other races fight? This question arose in me after I watched AoT and Tokyo Ghoul

Ok, we know Hylians are a civilization and that they worship Hylia

What about Bokoblins? Let's see

1) Community:
Bokoblins have the sense of community, we can clearly see this from the camps
images.jpeg-38.jpg
images.jpeg-39.jpg
While there are so many enemies in Zelda, only Bokos are civilized enough to chat around a camp fire.

2)Communications
This is where they seem to lack but don't. Though we can hear only grunts and screams from Bokoblins, it can be compared to that of Titan scream. Only they can understand it. It may be possible that their vocal chord is poorly developed, but they make up for it with those horns
images.jpeg-40.jpg
*regimental skills

3)Technology
Bokoblins are fairly advanced in tech in BotW. But don't let that fool you At the beginning of civilization, they were far more advanced than Hylians. Yes, I'm referring to technoblins. Their ability to manipulate electricity was not found in human civilizations eras after.
download.jpeg-5.jpg
They were able to build watch towers too.
In a mission in Skyward Sword, Bokoblins abduct Link. While playing that, I was shocked to see jail to constrain Link, the lamps held by them, the sophisticated mazes, watch towers, and most importantly, the ballista at the top of the mountain.

4)Regimental skills
The Bokoblins are successfully able to wield a Sword, Use a bow , call for help and ambush using *horn.
They're even able to conquer the whole Eldin volcano therefore they not only attack in packs like animals but are also able to lead to lead a military coop and are beasts of conquests.

This is further evident after the Bokoblin horde battle.

In BotW, Bokoblins can even ride horse!

5)Food and clothing
Great! Bokoblins too seem to cook their food instead of eating it raw. They also have quite a fancy for clothing.
They also wore ornaments like Ornamental skull and Golden Skull.

6)Morphology
In Wind Waker Bokoblins have; fur, batlike ears, piglike noses, arrow shaped tails, a horn on their forehead, and three fingers.

In Twilight Princess, Bokoblins have a more humanoid appearance with: Hylian like ears, noses instead of snouts, no tail, and five fingers.

In Skyward Sword Bokoblins have an appearance resembling Oni from Japanese mythology. They have: rotund noses, no tail, floppy ears, two black horns on top of their head, five fingers and white hair.

Demise-God
Just as we worship Hylia, Bokoblins worship Demise. They followed him to the outer world and fought beside him. And they have loyalty towards him. This can be seen when they're fighting Link in the horde battle to facilitate the reincarnation of their master.

After that they seem to serve Ganondorf.

Ganondorf possesses the triforce of power?
So what? Even Zelda possesses triforce.

Why did they conquer the surface?
Simple. It must be cramped like hell down below. So they were forced to enter the human world and conquer it.
Demise, as a god, desired to provide better living space for them.

Or simply, from a Bokoblin's point of view, human beings are oppressive.

So, just not their accepted in the world it cannot be denied that Bokoblins are just like Gorons, Hylians and Zoras

Reference Zelda Dungeon Wiki

Last edited:

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
First, a lot of these points sound very familar to me for some reason, I can't place whether it was from a Youtube video or an article I read, but in either case, if you drew inspiration from either of those sources they should be cited. I could be mistaken though, just asking.

Technoblins were only present via Timeshift Stones, and technology was commonplace in Hylia's timeframe, the humans had technology too, and long before the Technoblins probably.

Demise came above ground for one reason only: to get the Triforce. He wasn't some caring leader trying to help the Bokoblins out, he was just using them to his own advantage. It is also worth pointing out that throughout the series fissures in the ground tend to be interdimensional portals, Demise and the Bokoblins probably weren't living cramped underground, rather, they may have came from some other dimension.

GrooseIsLoose

ZD Legend
if you drew inspiration from either of those sources they should be cited
I have gathered information from Bokoblin page of ZD wiki now linked at the end of op. Thank you for headsup. I forgot to cite the source
Technoblins were only present via Timeshift Stones, and technology was commonplace in Hylia's timeframe, the humans had technology too, and long before the Technoblins probably.
It maybe possible that Hylians had technology before Bokoblins. But the bottomline is that they too can use technology.
After the war, we can see that both humans and Bokoblins are without ancient technology.

Demise came above ground for one reason only: to get the Triforce
But if we consider that, he desired to create a new kingdom. He wanted to make the dream a reality that's why he came for triforce. who do you think will be the inhabitants of the kingdom? Bokoblins.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
After the war, we can see that both humans and Bokoblins are without ancient technology.
Actually, there is still electric lighting in Skyloft. So the humans retained some ancient knowledge longer, meanwhile on the surface the Bokoblins have lost all advance weaponry. You are right though, they did manage to use asvance weapons for a brief time at least, but I chalk it up to beings like Ghirahim or Demise supplying them with those weapons. If they really grasped what the advance weapons were, they would have probably continued to make them.

But if we consider that, he desired to create a new kingdom. He wanted to make the dream a reality that's why he came for triforce. who do you think will be the inhabitants of the kingdom? Bokoblins.
My personal theory is that Demise existed "when all was chaos" in the myths of Hyrule's creation. I think his hatred of the gods stems from them disrupting that chaos to bring order and life. So Demise's grand vision is to kill the gods and destroy all life to bring back the lifeless chaos of the cosmos. Now, unless Chaos simply means "evil and orderlessness" suggesting that before the gods intervened Hyrule was a formless planet overran by monsters and demons, then in that case your interpretation could be valid.

TheTrueHero

The Skeleton of Judgement
as I said, just a thought
There’s definitely a reason, I think it’s just to pay homage to the older appearances of Ganon as a overweight bipedial pig. Not to make it sound stupid but srsly

GrooseIsLoose

ZD Legend
as I said, just a thought
There’s definitely a reason, I think it’s just to pay homage to the older appearances of Ganon as a overweight bipedial pig. Not to make it sound stupid but srsly
Ganondorf is definitely a Gerudo. But I still haven't figured out what Ganon is. So establishing a relation between Ganon and BotW Bokoblins are difficult at the moment.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
Ganondorf is definitely a Gerudo. But I still haven't figured out what Ganon is. So establishing a relation between Ganon and BotW Bokoblins are difficult at the moment.
Great great great grandpa??

TheTrueHero

The Skeleton of Judgement
but Ganondorf is still alive, which means Ganon is not a a more powerful form of ganondorf

Ganondorf does however, turn into Ganon at the end of twilight princess

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
but Ganondorf is still alive, which means Ganon is not a a more powerful form of ganondorf
Ganondorf does however, turn into Ganon at the end of twilight princess

Ganon, is literally Ganondorf when he taps into the full power of his part of the Triforce, and considering it's the Triforce of Power, he kinda turns into a horrific monster, and pigs have always been an image of gluttony and it's a good image for him as he lusts for power alot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom