• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Boating in Skyward Sword

Kazumi

chagy
A video was released in the latest Iwata Asks that details a few interesting mechanics of Skyward Sword, particularly in the desert area.

[video=youtube;S45mVKTBoWk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=S45mVKTBoWk[/video]

This video shows Link riding on boat, equipped with a canon, and time travelling in a section that looks like a dungeon. Destructoid Editor Jonathan Holmes talked about the video in this, where he states that Link uses a boat to travel around the desert sea (wtf), and that the desert has lots of time travelling sequences, where what you manipulate in the past stays there in the future.

I think that these are both very exciting editions, and definitely call back to previous Zelda games. I really cannot wait for this game.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I love how the cannon can be wielded as a first-person implement. It looks easier to aim that way, and differs a lot from the mechanics used in Wind Waker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom