• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Boat or Train

Dungeon killer

Dungeon's Shall Fall!
If you have played Ph you know you have a boat, but do you think that the train would be better or that the boat you prefer the most?>.>:thinking:
I think the train will be better and I hope that the speed is faster than the boat because man that really iratted me so much!:mad:

Last edited:

Shnappy

derp
Knowing me, I'm probably going to like the train better. The boat just kind of bothered me in PH. Sure, there was all the customization and everything, and that was pretty cool, but sailing was just a nuisance rather than a beneficial aspect for me. The sailing in TWW was much more convinient, and with the DS' controls I think that it was pretty boring to just draw a line and then have to shoot a bunch of enemies by simply tapping. Of course, we don't know much about the train at this point. I'm looking forward to what Nintendo has in store for us on this one. I think it'll be pretty unique. It'll be better than the boat, that's almost certain, but who knows, it could end up being a complete failure for all I know.

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
I dint like the customization but I did like how you could sail unlike in Spirit Tracks from the looks of it have set tracks but we dont know.

I can't say much about the train yet, considering ST hasn't even come out yet. I, personally, think the train will be interesting, if nothing else. I liked the boat enough, yeah, but I'd also like to see how the train works out. For all we know at this point, it's a good idea, or it's a bad idea. Hard to say. I do believe it could work if Nintendo implement it correctly. It could also turn out really bad. Again, it all depends on Nintendo.

I would actually have to wait and see how the train works, but by what i know, I thnk the boat was better. For one, the boat, you could have it go anywere, and go to any island you wanted to. Not necessarily getting on the island. Now in ST, with the train, it seems as if you are limited to the places you can go. You have to follow a track, which limits the places were you can go. Thus eliminating the amount of exploration you can do. And it may be alittle more linear with it, like some tracks you cant move till you beat a certain part. So i think the boat is a better thing than the train, but no one will know the complete answer till the game actually comes out.

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
Same as most people, I think I'm going to prefer the train... the boat was pretty cool, once I got used to the system... I though plotting a route was pretty awesome actually~
But the train... idk, it just appeals to me more :3 The whole thing seems to have been made into one big puzzle, where you have to avoid collisions, I actually can't wait to try it xD It reminds me of ice skating somehow, having to always watch what other people are doing and where they're going. ANd the ability to go backwards and change speed is a great addition too... and it has a whistle.
I thought it would be kind of boringly linear... but this news of being able to lay your own track seems really cool- it could mean everyone's tracks could be slightly different... the kind of overworld variation they were going to put in Zelda64 xDD

I really didn't mind the boat that much. However, once you were attacked by enemies and had to balance sailing and fighting I didn't like it as well. Even though I don't believe a train belongs in Zelda, I am looking forward to using it. I just hope it won't be linear and force the player to take certain paths. I like exploring. :)

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
Of course I won't be able to 100% know until it's actually released, but as of right now I think I am going to prefer the train more than the boat in PH.

I didn't particularly hate it in PH, but it wasn't a different experience compared to that of WW. It was refined in a way I suppose in terms of control, but I think it was a bit of a step down. I really enjoyed the wind / sail aspect of WW (although I know a lot didn't...) and I felt the simple drawing of the line and going got a little tired after it's novelty wore off. In the end, it was just sailing, which we'd done before.

I know the train will be on rails, and I know it will still be point A to point B choosing like the PH boat was, but it's a new enough gimmick to get me interested. Couple this with the fact that I loved trains as a child (and still do to an extent) and it seems like a win / win situation to me.

Also, now with the confirmation of track building, it's level of interest just went up a bit. I don't expect a SimCity like level of customization of pathways, but some additional customization like this sounds like an improvement over the boat for me.

Oddly, I would actually rather be limited in my travels to the rails rather than find myself not able to go further because of mysterious fog. If the designers don't want me to go to places I shouldn't be able to reach yet, they should come up with a better decison than that or square maps. A lack of track to get there suits me fine.

(hmm... in the end it really sounds like I disliked the PH boat even though I said I really didn't... Maybe I did more than I thought!)

I always loved sailing around (in Wind Waker and Phantom Horuglass) but Trains sounds more interesting indeed.. All those little events they can build there and such. As long as it has tons of stuff to see and at least some sort of freedom to go where you wanna go, then im really loooking forward to it.

Patch

Party Pooper
I always loved sailing around (in Wind Waker and Phantom Horuglass) but Trains sounds more interesting indeed.. All those little events they can build there and such. As long as it has tons of stuff to see and at least some sort of freedom to go where you wanna go, then im really loooking forward to it.

Well I have played/playing the game and I think the train is more interactive, you get two speeds but its not much faster than the boat, personally the train is more fun though.

K

KatsaMeow

I would rather just have a game where instead of plotting where you want to go on a map and having the vehicle follow it or follow pre-drawn roads, I would rather just draw the lines as I go. That way i could constantly be doing sharp turns or having to dodge monsters, or even run into them! Think of all the cool maze levels you could have, or BETTER think of you trying to get to the summit of Death Mountain whilst dodging boulders!!!!!!!! That would be trully EPIC!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom