• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Board Games - What Are Your Favorites?

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
So, after I joined a local board game group, I've been introduced to a lot of fun games and I know there are a ton of others out there just waiting for me, so I would like to hear what are your favorite board games, feel free to give a brief introduction if it is not that commonly known one :)

Among the games that I really enjoy there's:
- Ticket to Ride (plan to get all versions and expansions)
- Settlers of Catan
- Kingdom Builder
- Phenomena

Games I've not played as much yet, but I found very fun:
- Bora Bora
- Tzolk'in
- Chez Goth
- Star Fluxx

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
I love Upwords, Scrabble, Cluedo, Game of Life, Trivial Pursuit, Chinese Checkers, Backgammon, Mancala (Not sure if that one counts though).

I have to say though the strangest board games I've ever played is one called "The Gatekeeper" and another called "Nightmare Game. They are both pretty similar.

Nightmare Game I don't remember much of. It was a 90's game and it came with a VHS. All I can remember is that it is very similar to the other game I have mentioned which I discovered in the mid 2000's. I have found an upload of that VHS on youtube so if anyone is interested, it's embedded in the spoiler tags starts at 45secs:
[video=youtube_share;DvrbpG_-Vrk]http://youtu.be/DvrbpG_-Vrk?t=51s[/video]

The Gatekeeper kinda has a cult-ish Satan worshiping feel to it. It is a game that comes with a DVD and the game has a sort of time limit. It has to finish at midnight according to the DVD. On the DVD is The Gatekeeper who you asks questions and tells you to do various things as you work your way around the board. It was fun though from what I can remember.

EDIT: I found some clips from this game

[video=youtube;QdD83tua4Wc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdD83tua4Wc[/video]

Last edited:

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I've played Monopoly, Chess, Checkers, Battle Ship. Too bad there is no one with whom I can play. Oh yeah, there's Rainy, we've got a date to play BS. :cool:

I am just terrible at board games, to put it simply. Monopoly, Chess, Trouble, and even Yahtzee!, I suck at all of them. Well, I haven't necessarily tried "all of them" yet, to be honest, but I'm sure most of them would prove to be a challenge for me as well.

Something that I've noticed is that my tendency to isolate myself from others appears to correlate with my inability to play board games, seeing as how they involve some degree of social interaction. Same can be said for card games,—which I am equally bad at—save for...solitaire...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom