• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Link's Awakening Blue or Red Tunic

Which Tunic do you get?

• Red Tunic

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blue Tunic

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This is for the DX version on Gameboy Color, not the original.

Which tunic do you prefer to get when you beat the Color Dungeon?

I get the Blue Tunic because I think the enemies would get to easy if I had the Red Tunic along with my Lv. 2 Sword.

zeldakid895

Zelda's Kid
I usually get the blue tunic because I tend to get hit by enemies more often, and getting the blue tunic cuts down on the damage.

I got the red tunic, but I think the blue one is better because it gives you better defense, wich is something you can't get to lv.2 in any other way, and I mostly use the boomerang or bombs to kill enemies, on the other hand, the red tunic looks better, and it makes you pretty dang strong

NoRush

Soldier, Royal Family
Hm, I actually JUST beat the Color Dungeon and chose the RED tunic. I probably would have chosen the Blue Tunic had I known I could get a Lv. 2 sword. Ah well. I think the red one looks really cool anyway because it's my favorite color :p

well, I find the red tunic more usefull, because if I can defeat the enemies faster, I am not going to get hit too often (so it saves time :P, and, why I would let the enemies hurt me anyway? xD)

the only problem

the enemies would get to easy if I had the Red Tunic along with my Lv. 2 Sword.

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
I have always used the Blue Tunic, because not all enemies can be killed with the sword, yet all enemies do damage. Moreover, I like to play a defensive game; I like to dodge and keep my shield up most of the time, and I like to use a lot of variety in items, and I don't always default to the sword. Because of the knock back effect of the Red Tunic, it doesn't give me the same bob-and-weave mechanisms that I'm used to in other Zelda games in combat; admittedly, though, the Red Tunic is lots of fun because it sends enemies flying, which is pretty amusing.

green goron

Best of the Gorons
I get the blue tunic since you can upgrade your sword to do more damage and I'm lousy and careless and love to take risks so I can hit alot and this way I don't die.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
Blue. Because I don't want things to be too easy, and because I don't like always having that effect on where it slams away the enemies on. It makes it hard to pick up their items they drop. Especially it if makes them fall down a hole. It's handy if you want the special ending too.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
Honestly, I think it's best to play through the game with neither, because that's the difficulty the game was originally designed for. Either one would make the game easier than it's supposed to be. The game did not have these tunics before the DX version, and you don't really need them now.

Of course, if you've already beaten the game and you just want to do a quick second run, I recommend the Red Tunic, because it gives you a serious advantage in dispatching enemies quickly. I mean, you can already find plenty of Heart Containers... how much defense do you really need? If you're getting hit by enemies enough to need the Blue Tunic, you probably haven't beaten the game normally yet.

NoRush

Soldier, Royal Family
Honestly, I think it's best to play through the game with neither, because that's the difficulty the game was originally designed for. Either one would make the game easier than it's supposed to be. The game did not have these tunics before the DX version, and you don't really need them now.
QUOTE]

Good thought! I never really realized that before you said this. I like beating games the way they're originally supposed to be beaten and played. So after I beat LA with this Red Tunic, I'll take the time to go back and beat it normally. I do know though that I'm gonna wanna play it again and choose Blue :)

Oh and DuckNoises, that's a really surprisingly true comment! All enemies DO damage, but not all TAKE damage (by the sword).

I tihnk I still would have chosen Red just because I like offense and no matter anything else, you cannot BORE the enemy to death; one way or another you need to take away their life. The way to do that is not by sitting behind a shield, but by weilding a weapon. Offense for the win!

Honestly, I think it's best to play through the game with neither, because that's the difficulty the game was originally designed for.

I do agree with you, but I want to beat the color dungeon for a purpose. Because the color dungeon is fun, and after I do beat it I feel the need to get one of the tunics.

It also deosn't matter what the original was designed for, it is what this game is designed for.

how much defense do you really need? If you're getting hit by enemies enough to need the Blue Tunic, you probably haven't beaten the game normally yet.

I have beaten the game normally, it is just that I think the Red Tunic would make the game too easy. I get the Blue Tunic, not because I need it and get hit a lot, it is because like I mentioned before, after I beat the color dungeon, I want to get one of the tunics knowing I didn't just beat the dungeon for no reason.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom