• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon

Bloodstained-Curse-of-the-Moon-Banner-3.jpg

For those of you that have been following the indie-game Kickstarter scene for a while now, I'm sure that you remember back in 2015 when Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night became a thing and got tons of people excited. Being created by Koji Igarashi, one of the masterminds behind some of the greatest games in the Castlevania series like Symphony of the Night, it's a spiritual successor to the "Metroidvania" style of Castlevania games.

One of the stretch goals that was met gave us an 8-bit prequel of sorts to the main game, being Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon. It's heavily inspired by the classic Castlevania games, mainly the third one, Dracula's Curse.

Bloodstained-Curse-of-the-Moon-3DS-shot1-ziperto.jpg

I finished it a few days ago, and I absolutely loved it. It's got difficulty modes so the old-school difficulty doesn't scare people away, and its presentation is completely true to the old NES 8-bit era. The music is awesome too, adding to the atmosphere even more.

Anyone else excited for Bloodstained? If you're a fan of classic Castlevania, Curse of the Moon is a must-play. I'd suggest trying it out even if you're just a fan of platformers of old, like Mega Man or Mario. It's super cheap at $9.99, and it's available on pretty much every current gaming platform (Steam, Xbone, PS4, Switch, etc).

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Wow, just saw a trailer for it on the eshop. I've never played a classic Castlevania game before, but this actually looks really good.

The game is giving me CastlevaniaxShinobi vibes, but that's a good thing. I'm watching a boss rush of the game no damage right now, and I can happily say that if you're a fan of either that you wont be disappointed.

SpiteChaotic

The lazy Chaos Bringer
I do love me some metroidvania's especailly the 3d ones. And it seems the Bloodstain curse of the moon has item crafting. I wanna play castlevania curse of darkness now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom