• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Blood?

I know there is some blood in Oot, Like in the scene where Link finishes off Ganon. When I was playing Oot, I was in the second dungeon. When I was battling the Lizafos, blue blood spurted out every time I hit one. Is this normal? Is there any more scenes of blood in Oot?

Last edited:

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I've only played OoT on Collector's Disc, which supposedly got rid of some of the blood, but there's some there.

In the Shadow Temple - not only is there blood on the walls, but if Link careens into one of those falling guillotines, there's a spurt of light red energy that always struck me as being blood - "Link got skinned a little! Eeep!"

I seem to remember in Majora's Mask the Gerudo pirates having spurts of purple blood when you defeated them in a fight.

arkvoodle

Diabolical
In the older versions of OoT, the blood is left in, but after some controversy, they had to recall copies from the shelves and remove most of the blood content. They even changed Ganon's blood to green, so it looks like vomit.

If the blood was left in, the game would be given a M rating and wouldnt have appealed to as wide an audience.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
Actually, in the original version of OoT, Ganondorf bled red blood. There was also some blood on the walls of the Shadow Temple. The other enemies have always bled blue or green blood depending on the type of enemy they are, though.

After complaints and threats by the ESRB to raise the game's rating to T, Nintendo removed all the red blood from later versions of the game.

Beeker

Wild Card
I always saw the walls of the Well and wondered if they were blood. I've played almost every version excluding the original, so I never saw "real" blood. I can still tell that those spurts of green or purple were meant to be blood. In all honesty I would've believed OoT to be at least Teen rated.

OotLord1003

Young Link
Yeah, I remember that one part with ganondorf. (I had a 64 when I was like 5).
I just sat their and went "ewww" :sick:

Jetter

Type to myself in silence
When I was battling the Lizafos, Blue blood spurted out every time I hit one.

Well I don't exactly remember blooding out of anything besides Ganondorf. I do remember in Majora's Mask when you play the Honey and Darling's minigame,if you hit Honey and Darling the blue "blood" comes out. I never recognized other stuff like this as blood even if it was blue.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Sure, there is a bit of blood in the game, but nothing too bad. I didn't even notice the blood in the shadow temple the first time i played it. And they will change the color of some blood, so it isn't really blood, but more like goo.

linkman8

True and Noble
Yeah, they changed the color of the "blood" in just about all aspects of the game when it was put into the collector's edition. Most (if not all) blood on that version is green, I believe. Of course, it's the only one that I've played, so I haven't seen the N64 version. Either way, they probably did it, like you said, to appeal to wider group of people, and avoid a T rating.

Hanyou

didn't build that
I originally bought the gold cart, so I got to see quite a bit of content before it was censored.

To be honest, I thought the blood was used tastefully in the original game. It was especially effective to see Ganondorf and Ganon bleed; it gave you a sense of accomplishment you just don't get from vomit and green goo. I'm not a gore fanatic in the least and dislike the idea of grittier, bloodier Zelda titles, but a certain amount of grit is good and it really worked perfectly in Ocarina. It's a shame they took it out.

I wish Nintendo had just left the game in its original form and allowed the rating to be upped to Teen. That's what it should have been anyway.

Icetomeetyou

*brofist*
There's blood every time you hit something i believe. It's just hard to see becasue it's not red. If you were to play it in Japanese you would be more likely so see it just becasue it would be red. The only blood that stayed red was the blood covering the Shadow Temple.

AwesomeTingle

Pure Awesomeness
LoZOoTcap1.png

What do you think that red stuff is? ;)

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
You know, it's funny that you bring this up. My friend and I were discussing this while he was playing through OoT, and the game is actually fairly gory, but it doesn't appear so because of the graphical limitations. Take the death animation of a Tektite, for example; you slice off its limbs and/or cut the entire thing up, with green blood oozing out and chopped body parts flying everywhere. If this were rendered on an HD console with modern graphics, the violence could actually be pushing into the M rating for certain animations. It was almost God of War-like how Link defeated Tektites, with severed limbs and all, and blood oozing everywhere. It made me surprised that OoT was able to get away with an E rating, actually.
If the graphic abilities were enhanced, OoT could have been rather violent. :P

David

But you called me here...
No, your copy must have been hacked. Just kidding. Like others have said, there is blood in OoT. A lot of people usually don't notice it, but its there.

Z

ZeldaFan64

A lot of enemies spill blood in the game when you slash them with your sword. Is there a GameShark code to pallet swop the blood red?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom