• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Blood Moon [Possible Spoilers]

How Do You Feel About Blood Moons?

• I love it!

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • I hate it!

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • It doesn't make a difference to me.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
Image-2.jpg
On now that I have that out of the way

I absolutely love this mechanic of the game and I think it was really smart on nintendo's part. If you're in here reading this and haven't encountered it yet, the blood moon happens periodically through the game, on full moon nights, and what it dies is quote a bit interesting. It doesn't turn non basic lands into more mountains to climb, it resurrects all fallen foes. Possibly even the mini bosses. I haven't checked to confirm with Stone Talus yet. The first time I emountered this event, I had just exited a Shrine and taken out two lizafos, I got on my horse and the sky started turning red. I had barely moved away wheb a cutscenes started, explaining the blood moon. Suddenly those enemies that I had just killed were right back on me. Knocked me off my horse. Eventually a guardian appeared and that was it. I died. Abd it wasn't something I expected to happen but the idea is so clever to me.

One of my biggest concerns when I was clearing the great plateau was how empty it was getting. I was worried that as I killed things, the game wouldn't refill the world, making monster resources and things to do in the world eventually nonexistent. To know that they made a way for the game world to refill itself is great, and the way they're doing it is honestly a way that only really works in a zelda game. One of my bigger issues with other open world games was not having a way to repopulate if you decide to be the guy to kill everyone. Eventually the world ends up empty, and the more realistic games have no way of realistically refilling themselves. If this even happened in skyrim every full moon, and everything was revived, we'll it just doesn't make sense with the lore of that game. For zelda, this event makes sense and it makes game play a little more interesting. I'm be going to have to watch the moon to see if I should prepare for a blood moon while im.out exploring. So what do you think of this event?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Once you start exploring Akkala and Hebra, you'll encounter higher tier blins (black and white) and that is perfect for blood moon because those higher tier enemies will start to populate the "lower level" zones. Additionally, if you complete Captured Memories and finish all four divine beasts you'll see many more high tier enemies which is good on two counts:

1) better training for combat [this is absolitely vital to beat C.Ganon]
2) better weapon drops worldwide except within Hyrule Castle

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
Holy **** blood moon's revive everything. I just fought Stone Talus again. Lots of loot. This is good to know.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Blood Moon revives world bosses and even castle bosses. I just refought Stalnox for another Hylian Shield.

Sheik

:the:
I was taking a long glide through the air towards a meteor that had fallen in the distance. As I was gliding, the sky and the music started to become all menacing and such, and I wondered if I was getting too close to Hyrule Castle or if something was going to come flying at me while I was in the air, defenseless. Then I finally landed and the cutscene started to play and I though, "Oh right, the Blood Moon." It was a simple but memorable first experience for me.

Anyways, I think the Blood Moon is a very clever tool for respawning enemies. However, after it happens at midnight, the moon goes back to its normal self, which is disappointing. It would be awesome if the moon could stay red and daunting for the rest of the night. I still love it, though.

The blood moon is a very clever answer to a problem not many likely realized would exist. The world is so big, and moving back and forth through it is so important, that they can't have enemies respawning ever time you enter an area again, but you also can't leave the world depopulated. This is a simple and fair compromise. You can clear out areas and move through them as you need, but once that Blood Moon rises, you understand "okay, baddies are back now," and plan accordingly.

I was taking a long glide through the air towards a meteor that had fallen in the distance. As I was gliding, the sky and the music started to become all menacing and such, and I wondered if I was getting too close to Hyrule Castle or if something was going to come flying at me while I was in the air, defenseless. Then I finally landed and the cutscene started to play and I though, "Oh right, the Blood Moon." It was a simple but memorable first experience for me.

Anyways, I think the Blood Moon is a very clever tool for respawning enemies. However, after it happens at midnight, the moon goes back to its normal self, which is disappointing. It would be awesome if the moon could stay red and daunting for the rest of the night. I still love it, though.
I think the reason that they don't do that, is that it creates an incorrect impression that the Blood Moon is some sort of lingering effect as well. It simply respawns the enemies. But if it stuck around, I think a lot of people would be falsely thinking that enemies were getting some kind of boost or something.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
The blood moon is a very clever answer to a problem not many likely realized would exist. The world is so big, and moving back and forth through it is so important, that they can't have enemies respawning ever time you enter an area again, but you also can't leave the world depopulated. This is a simple and fair compromise. You can clear out areas and move through them as you need, but once that Blood Moon rises, you understand "okay, baddies are back now," and plan accordingly.
Did piss me off that it started raining during me getting the blue flame for robbie so I had to go to sleep and then a blood moon happened and I was low on weapons because I had to kill a ton of moblins and then I had to kill.them all again AND THE GUARDIAN THAT WAS IN MY WAY WAS THERE AGAIN but aside from that I like the concept.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
One thing that is bad about blood moon is that it ISN'T a lingering effect. It should be a lingering effect for 12 hrs to force the player to either get good or give them a real reason to carry wood and flint so they can sleep through that nightmare. I know it'd scare kids away but goddamnit simply respawning enemies isn't enough for hardcore gamers such as myself.

I'm only a 5 heart right now because I love lollygagging and exploring, but I just finished the Prince Sidon quest to gather the 20 electric arrows and the blood moon f'd me over so bad that I had to remake my account here and post about it.

I figured it was decidedly easier to fight and defeat the Lynel than to sneak around and gather the arrows. About half an hour, many deaths, most of my melee weapons, most of my prepared meals, and a shield later, I finally was able to down this sucker. I collect the Lynel's gear and then BAM: cutscene. It's blood moon time. I turn around and guess who's joined me once more? None other than our friend the Lynel. It was at this point I decided to just sneak around and get the gd arrows, but **** that was infuriating. The blood moon is clever and I definitely understand why it's in the game, but that timing could not have been worse.

Zachie

Moo
I love the Blood Moon, now. In fact I'm waiting for it to happen so that I can farm Guardians... I've been waiting for heaps of in-game days as well. I'm beginning to fear that it goes away when you've finished all four dungeons.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
One thing that is bad about blood moon is that it ISN'T a lingering effect. It should be a lingering effect for 12 hrs to force the player to either get good or give them a real reason to carry wood and flint so they can sleep through that nightmare. I know it'd scare kids away but goddamnit simply respawning enemies isn't enough for hardcore gamers such as myself.
You mean the enemies keep coming back every 5m or whatever for 12 hours?

I'm only a 5 heart right now because I love lollygagging and exploring, but I just finished the Prince Sidon quest to gather the 20 electric arrows and the blood moon f'd me over so bad that I had to remake my account here and post about it.

I figured it was decidedly easier to fight and defeat the Lynel than to sneak around and gather the arrows. About half an hour, many deaths, most of my melee weapons, most of my prepared meals, and a shield later, I finally was able to down this sucker. I collect the Lynel's gear and then BAM: cutscene. It's blood moon time. I turn around and guess who's joined me once more? None other than our friend the Lynel. It was at this point I decided to just sneak around and get the gd arrows, but **** that was infuriating. The blood moon is clever and I definitely understand why it's in the game, but that timing could not have been worse.
It's decidedly easier to just sneak and get the arrows actually. He's an idiot.

Last edited by a moderator:

It's decidedly easier to just sneak and get the arrows actually. He's an idiot.
I think I realize that now, I've just never enjoyed sneaking around in video gamss.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
No they should be buffed to end game health and weapons for 12 hrs. it would up the ante on both ends. at that junction you've three options: get good and win some high tier loot, get bad and get KOed over and over, or wuss out and take a nap til morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom