• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Blood moon loop? In BOTW

I am in Gerudo province about to go after Nabooris. I am riding following Riju and a blood moon rises. Not a problem...right? Except... I take a step and another blood moon rises, my sand seal is gone and so is the chief! So what the heck! How do I get out of it.... do I have to travel to a shrine?what? Help!!

I've heard that the game will randomly trigger blood moons as a way to reset it's memory load if too much is being used at any given time, although I'm not sure how it ties into your circumstance where a blood moon had already happened. Although, I believe ordinary blood moons don't despawn out of place elements, so maybe it's a special property of the "defensive blood moon." It hopefully was a fluke and won't happen again.

I would assume Riju is back wherever you initiate the boarding Naboris quest though. Hopefully it didn't softlock you or anything nasty like that.

Well, I haven’t been able to find Riju yet bc I cant take any steps in any direction. I tried just turning, not turning Link, but just my view I got 180 and another blood moon . If I move another blood moon. It’s almost like the game is saying “ Your not ready for this yet!” I’ve had about 25 blood moons! I think I’m just going to travel out of the area and come back. I didn’t want to do that but it looks necessary... thank you for your help Fraxinus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom