• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Blond Link Or Dark Haired Link?

Warrior of Fire

The Hero of Time
To whoever said that Link had pink hair in A Link to the Past, this is only true for his sprite, not the official artwork. Most of the artwork I've seen for the game show him with blond hair (yes, I spelled that right; there's only an e at the end of "blonde" when used as a noun ("he's a blonde") or a stand-alone adjective ("the blonde woman"), while "blond" is always used as an adjective describing the noun "hair"). The only piece of artwork that you can't really tell is the one where Link's seen praying before a cross, but only because that's black and white, not color. And like some people have said, as long as Link's official hair color doesn't change (they could make a 2D game where Link's sprite has blue hair for cryin' out loud), it doesn't matter.

I prefer the blond hair on Link, and it has little to do with any kind of style preference, but it moreso has to do with what I'm used to. This might sound cheesy, but Link's blond hair seems to be one of his defining traits. It has a [sort of] sentimental value attached to it; as it completes his character. I guess you could compare it to the left/right hand thing, in which case I prefer the left, because it is overwhelmingly common in the series. That said, when I think of Link, left-handedness [one of his most defining traits] comes to mind. To the point: I know for certain that Link's hair has been blond/dirty blond in at least ten games in the series, and his hair color in other games are debatable. Blond is what I'm used to. :/

I really like the kinda dirty-ish blonde hair Link had in Twilight Princess. I mean, it's not that dark, but it's not super light/bright either.

I can't really say it makes a difference to me.
I think he looks good both ways.
And Link kinda has to change in some small way each time, even though he has the spirit of the hero in him, he's still a new person each time.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Well, I think the dark haired Link in TP looks best. The blonde hair was just too yellow. SS Link's hair isn't bad but I like dark hair, so SS Link's hair is just a little bright for me.

I do prefer blonde or dirty blonde such as in Skyward Sword. Just not a fan of the pink, really ;)
Zelda is were I very much have preference for blonde.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom