• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Black Friday pickups

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
It's that time of the year again, video game deals and such being plentiful and our ever-growing backlogs still growing.

So what did you folks pick up with sales going around, if anything? Good scores, deep sales and all that.

So far it's been Sonic Frontiers and Fire Emblem: Three Hopes for me. Doubt that'll change much though I've yet to take much of a look at Steam's sales.

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
I got 6 switch games (digital) for around $45. Gris, Rain World, Fe, Cat Cafe Manager, Beacon Pines, and Hoa.

Started Gris a couple days ago, and I love it. Took a bunch of screenshots already lol, it's a very pretty game. I just restored the color red and unlocked the first ability and yeah it's going good. Considering I got the game for $3 I think it's very worth it. <3
Played Cat Cafe Manager for a few hours this morning and I can definitely tell this is one of the games I'm going to put a lot of hours in completing the story, decorating, adopting the cats, developing relationships with the characters, and stuff like that.

I was super excited to buy Beacon Pines because it has some of my favorite things all put together in such an amazing way. It's a visual novel with really cute characters but a dark story (<3), and based on the choices you make in the game the endings vary. I love stories where you can choose the ending. Love it.
I played a bit of it this morning too and I'm in love. I've watched people play a lot of visual novels but this is actually my first one so I'm super excited. The story's awesome so far.

Played a couple mins of Rain World too and the atmosphere is super cool. It gets intense when you play because you're this little vulnerable creature and you have to dodge the enemies and just survive long enough to find another shelter. The controls were a bit to get used to because I've been playing Ori a lot with all of Ori's abilities and the only thing the little slugcat can do it move and jump, and the jump's not as high as Ori's. But I guess that fits well into the theme of being in danger and not a super powered main character or anything.

Haven't played Fe or Hoa yet but looking forward to it. <3

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom