• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Black Beasts Name Revealed!

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I was on Zeldainformer and I saw posted were some scans from the Official Nintendo magazine. On one page was listed the characters and races. Ghirahim was there, along with the Goron from the woods, who is named Gorko. The names were not particularly clear, but I could make out that the black beast that link dreams about is called The Imprisoned. I think this means that it is probably Ghirahims master which needs to be ressurected or freed from this body. I have attached a picture of the scan below for you to look at. Please tell me your thoughts and theories.

the imprisoned.jpg

I so need to see a clearer version of this to see what the info underneath all the names says.

You beat me to it, I was just about to post this :P

Anyway, the Imprisoned huh...
For some reason I'm starting to have second thoughts about it being Ghirahim's master, or at least not in the shape he's supposed to be.
Also, I guess this confirms it escaping.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Well I'm sure it's not in the shape it's supposed to be. Perhaps it is imprisoned in the form of this black beast. It does not look anything like it's true form, if what it looked like before is that horned demon from the intro scene.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
My theory:

The monster is ''Majora'' the evil from the mask..
And also the dark tribes master, Girahims master.
And it's trapped in a monster form and Girahim is trying to get him back to his human form or demon form, And I'm gonna take a guess that by the end of the game Majora is sealed within the mask and then all the other stuff from OoT is explained.. Like how Gnon came to power, Temple of Time etc.

Just my theory ;)

what i can read is his mouth and legs stand 60 feet tall and haunt link's nightmares handily he's imprisoned (hience the name) in the sealed ground outside faron woods pheew
this means that the footage we say from tgs about this monster is that he is making his escape out of the sealed ground and link need to stop him
and I'am 100% that he is not ghirahim master for me it isn't right

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Awesome! To my knowledge, this seems to be a creature that's never surfaced before. It could be Majora, as Zorth said, or his Hyrulean counterpart. At any rate it's good to see its entire form.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
This somewhat supports the theory of him being Ghirahim's master in an incomplete form, but I'm still unconvinced. My thoughts on this is his master has to be revived through use of this creature, which is what I've thought for a while. It also could just simply have been released from the Sealed Grounds by Ghirahim in order to seek out Zelda. We'll see.

Last edited:

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
Oh wow, I'll be 100% honest: If that rather characterless and generic monster really truns out to be the final boss or mastermind behind it all, then I'll be very, very disappointed. In that case I'd even prefer a last-second and out-of-nowhere Ganondorf like in TP over such a stupid thing... :S C'mon Nintendo, couldn't you have come up with something better? You had 5 years...

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Oh wow, I'll be 100% honest: If that rather characterless and generic monster really truns out to be the final boss or mastermind behind it all, then I'll be very, very disappointed. In that case I'd even prefer a last-second and out-of-nowhere Ganondorf like in TP over such a stupid thing... C'mon Nintendo, couldn't you have come up with something better? You had 5 years...

I doubt that will be it's final form. The demon in the opening scene appeared to have eyes arms and horns/ears. I'm sure if that is what this creature will become then it's backstory will be well developed. ONM game this game a 98% so I really doubt they would put something in that is disappointing.

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
I doubt that will be it's final form. The demon in the opening scene appeared to have eyes arms and horns/ears. I'm sure if that is what this creature will become then it's backstory will be well developed. ONM game this game a 98% so I really doubt they would put something in that is disappointing.
Yeah right, of course we'll have to wait until we have actually played the game, things could still turn out differently than expected. But still it's strange. If that thing is a "sealed form" of Ghirahim's master, then why is it still quite dangerous in that form? Wasn't it sealed correctly before or has Ghirahim already revived it "partially" but not to full power yet? And needs Zelda for the rest? Quite awkward if you ask me. What bugs me is that this "thing" looks very unintelligent (apparently can't even speak) especially if we consider that it stands above Ghirahim! And that we already fight it quite early in the game (in that "Shadow of the Colossus"-like battle) because I don't think they've shown us the final battle. So... don't we defeat it in that battle? Will it escape at the end? That would be new for a Zelda boss battle. So many questions...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom