• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Bioshock Infinite Reversible Cover Vote

Cfrock

Keep it strong
I don't know if there's anyone particularly interested in this but I thought I'd let those who care know that there is a vote on what Bioshock Infinite's reversible cover will be. You can find the choice of designs as well as the poll right here on Irrational's website.

Personally, I don't understand why anyone would have kicked up the hissy-fit Bioshock fans have over the existing cover, but that's just me.

Kirino

Tatakae
I thought the original cover was good enough, but whatever. I really like cover 4. The feel and style of it is just really great. It's so old, it fits the style really well, and I love the color scheme. I definitely like it better than the original cover.

Hsien Ko

Thread murderer
I pretty much haven't seen the original cover of Bioshock Infinite. Regardless on how people overreacted to the cover, I personally care what's inside of the game, you know the contents, the peanut and jelly.
But I'll pretty much like to see what covers they are willing to give. Voted for six since it gives off that vibe on what you are going against with.

Ganondork

goo
I was curious about the original cover, since I really don't have much knowledge about Bioshock Infinite news - been saving myself from spoilers - so I looked it up. For those who don't know what it looks like, here it is.

biif.jpg

Note, the comment about the free copy is a North America exclusive and only on the Playstation. I looked that up, too. Just gonna say RP isn't even needed; we all know it'll be rated M.

I actually see nothing wrong with the cover - the original one that is. Although it looks a bit like they were aiming for a "Working-class man" feel that Rapture had. I like the whole shotgun slung over his shoulder, but I somewhat wish I didn't know what Booker looked like aside from a few pictures in-game like they did for Jack. Perhaps a scene where you see part of his face, like Johnny Topside in the neutral ending for Bioshock 2.

Anyway, I voted for Cover 5. It looks like it won't be the winner, but I'm content with that. Cover 4 is alright, although not really my favorite. Looks like they clustered a bunch of things into a single cover. I would have preferred Cover 5 or 6, but I don't Irrational will appeal to a second hissy-fit thrown by fans.

I think this is ridiculous that Irrational is even doing this. This just screams Mass Effect 3 DLC to remedy the ending for discontent gamers. It honestly annoys me that a few whiny fans are enough for the developers to do something like this. Sure, fan participation is good and all, but if it's to be done, do it first, and not when the fans are whining to a point where you do it to shut them up. I lost a little bit of respect for Irrational Games for doing this, to be honest.

Also, if the original cover was so terrible, then why is the original design ranked fourth with 10% of the vote?

I feel like the original cover is too crowded looking, plus the whole thing with Booker doing that generic heroic pose just isn't doing it for me.

I like cover 4 for its simplicity, but it almost feels too sketchy, like concept art.

I voted for cover 6, though, because I just like it for some reason.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Ugh... none of the above. The cover should feature both Booker and Elizabeth. The original cover just has Booker. Honestly, I don't see what all the fuss is about. It's not a good cover IMO but it's not worth throwing a fit over.

Cover 1 has just Elizabeth but it's bland and having the other main story protagonist on the reverse isn't exactly doing her justice. So that leaves No. 3 which just pathetically screams MASS EFFECT THREEEEEEEE!!!! complete with the red ember streaks across the bottom, and No. 5 which has Booker's coat tails flapping in the breeze like a dork. But, hey, exploding dirigible!

octorok74

TETTAC
I like the old timey feel cover 4 had so I voted for that. Thanks for this Cfrock. I can't wait for the game, but I can't keep up with the news.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom