• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Biggorons Sword Sidequest

Kylon

Deku scrub
Wen you buy the the goron knife it will break after a few attacks I was mad as anything but then I found a sidequest to get one that doesn't break the sidequest wasn't hard it should only take one try
Once you finish it you will get the biggorons sword that doesn't break and the sword does double the damage than that of he master sword but the downside is that u cannot use ur shield while you have that sword equipped OHH NO

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
Yeah it does that a great blade comes great disadvantages.
Well, losing your shield is a fair trade for such a great blade IMO. You aren't really losing a lot, seeing as the only enemies that the Shield is really useful on are Stalfos, Gerudos, and Dark Link. With the Biggoron's Sword, you can simply annihilate them by stabbing repeatedly.

amaterasu

Writer
The BGS is a big pain in the butt to get, but totally worth it. You can use it in the final battle as well instead of using your megaton hammer.

I didn't really like the Biggoron Sword much, but the sidequest to obtain it sure was engaging and fun. I kind of wish there were more lengthy sidequests in Ocarina of Time.

Anyway, it's a powerful sword, and I don't actually see too many disadvantages besides you losing your shield, which isn't really all that bad, imo. One of the reasons why I disliked the sword itself was because it was "ugly"; the Master Sword looks better, I guess. The sword, in my opinion, is also useless; it may be very useful in the final battle, though.

EDIT: I didn't know how to respond to this thread, so I hope I'm not spamming.

Fierce

Deity Link
Sword Comparison:

-Child
Kokiri Sword
Range: Short
Power: 1
One handed
Uses: Infinite

Deku Stick
Range: Long
Power: 1.5