• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Biggoron Sword

I know I might sound like a newbie when asking the following. Is the Biggoron Sword worth getting? Am I better off with the Master Sword?

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
It's really up to you. In my one play-through of OoT, I didn't bother getting it, and I was totally fine throughout the game. But if your the person who has a some trouble with bosses and enemies, you might want to get it.

Well, I think it is a great weapon to use, despite the fact that it causes you to use 2 hands and no shield.
It makes battle with Ganon so much easier
when Ganon fling's your sword out of your grasp

Hylian Hobbit

Delightfully Delicious ;P
Yeah, the Giant's Knife was an overpriced piece of crap, but the Biggoron Sword is well worth the effort. I probably use it even more than I do the Master Sword. As said you can hit enemies with twice the damage. If you need your shield to fight something, you can even use the shield, pause and switch swords to get the kill faster. If you feel that strongly about using it. =P
I find it a lot more fun to use as well.

Depends on your style of play. If you play defensively then no because you don't have access to your shield. If you play very offensively then it is definitely worth getting. It isn't too bad especially if you use a guide.

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
Dude, if it weren't worth getting, why would they make it so hard to get? it makes beating the game (and Dark Link) about 50% easier. It is a whopping 2 times as powerful as the Master Sword, defeats ReDeads in two hits, Stalfos' with 3 hits, almost EVERYTHING else with 1 hit, and is great on bosses.

To answer your question simply, yes, it is worth getting.

Definitely get it.

It causes so much more damage and makes killing enemies so much easier.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
When fighting difficult bosses such as Volvagia, you can cut down their hardness by about a fourth. The Biggoron's Sword is a hassle to get (emphasis on hassle), but it's definitely worth it. I only bothered getting it on my last playthrough, because I didn't know about it until then, but I can tell you it completely changes the gameplay and reduces frustration in the later Temples...especially the "tennis match" with Ganon.

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
Its worth getting it.even I don't use it, I would still get it. It does 2x the damage than the master sword. It's ur choice this is just my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom