• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Biggoron sidequest

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tetra

I never had a chance 2 play most of the older zelda games so I'm catching up now, I got the collectors edition for gamecube n I'm playing oot and so far I love it! I'm working on the biggoron sidequest now n its driving mr crazy!!!! I'm at the part where I have 2 take the frog to lake hylia and then the eyedrops 2 death mountain n its a pain in the butt!!!!!!! I got the frog part down but I can't seem 2 get 2 biggoron in time!! So then ofcourse it makes me start all over from zoras domain! So is this frustration worth it? I'm assuming u get a better sword from this? This is what I love to hate about zelda games in general, the timed puzzles n quests that drive u crazy but in the end I know if I stick with it I will b so happy when I finally get this done!!!!

indeed, epona is the key
as for what you get IS a bettter sword
the best sword in the game, in fact
it's a two-handed sword, so no shield while you are using it
helpful in the final battle

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
Another time saver, although it saves time when going from Zora's Domain to the Lake, is to play the Sun's Song right after you get the Frog from King Zora. Since time doesn't pass in the Domain, playing the Sun's Song will "warp" you back to the point where you entered the area from, so you'll be right at the entrance (this is assuming you go from the entrance straight to the King) with the full 3 minutes and without the game failing your time limit. This will save you give or take 20 seconds on the timer.

Unfortunately there's nowhere on the trip back to Death Mountain that you can do this trick at, but with Epona & the magic bean previously mentioned, it's very doable .. I usually get up to Biggoron with anywhere from 30-45 seconds to spare, sometimes more.

Byrne

Waterloo
you plant a magic bean in front of dodongos cavern. It will save you time!

Last edited:

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
Yeah, you need to plant a Magic Bean in front of Dodongo's Cavern and have Epona. Trust me though, it's worth it to get the Biggoron Sword. At least you have help though, when I did the Biggoron Sidequest, I didn't know the Magic Bean went all the way to the beginning of the path up the mountain, so I rode it up, jumped off near the fence above the entrance to the cavern, and ran the rest of the way. Needless to say I failed and had to do it all again the next day.

Ghosi

Schmetterling
Well I did it first time(yes!!) and I did used the magic plant. Just make sure not to use warp songs, because that will automatically bring your time down to one second.

zeldusfanaticus

im the puppet master
warp song make you have to start over, but just warping won't. instead of traveling to death mountain go to the lost woods in the kokiri area. if you know what path to take you will find two arches(doors) each in different areas. One takes you right outside zora's domain, and the other takes you to the goron village, from theree you just have to walk out and head to biggoron. it won't have any detrimental effects on your time, infact i finished with little over a minute left. the biggoron sword is just like the Giant's Knife except it never breaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom